Photo

First Aid Kit...Paper? Corners?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
  • 672 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

So I am on my second to last DIY and all my stuff is off to Mexico next Wednesday...YEAH! I am stuck. I have designed my First Aid Kit lables and have them on a 3x3.5 template to fit the little box on the front of the box. Whay paper did you guys use and how did you do the corners. The box indentation for the sticker ont he front has slightly rounded corners. Did you leave them square or did you round them. Is there an easy way to do this? I did it square and it looked funny. Then I rounded them with siscors, but it still doesn't look right...please help!

Thanks

#2 Blkatz

Blkatz
    • 1,025 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:46 PM

Cant help but I wanted to do the same thing with the first aid kits. Do you mind PMing me the template you used? TIA

Attached Files

#3 Kat81

Kat81
      • VIP Member
      • 7,615 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:54 PM

I just rounded the corners. I took a peice of paper and traced the indention of the circled part then I cut it out in the right size. Then I used it to put over the labels and cut them out.

#4 MissyR

MissyR
        • 1,210 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:01 PM

I used traslucent paper (peel and stick) and kept the corners squared - when I stuck it on the white First Aid Kits it was rarely visible..

#5 Chiquita

Chiquita
          • 2,674 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:15 PM

I used a corner rounder/cutter from Michaels.. which I had used for my boarding pass invites anyways. I used labels that were already sticky so I didn't have to try and glue them on..

#6 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
            • 672 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:37 AM

Thanks Ladies! I was going to see if there was such a thing as rounding corners since I learned after the fact that ther were circle cutters (painful lesson).

I can't PM or email the template as it is huge. I will take a pic (try) tomorrow and post it and if you still want it, I will send it it to you via email if you PM me with your email address which has the size right and the first box filled in with what I chose to do. You will have to cut and paste it into the other boxes on the Word Template (and then center them). Otherwise it is way too big to put it on this site.

Thanks!

#7 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
              • 672 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:34 PM

Here is a Pic of my First Aid Kit (My Monogram has a heart and our colors are lime blue so that is why we designed it this way)
                You can see my issues with corners. Anyone know how to save a word doc that is too big as something else so I can attach it?

Click the image to open in full size.

#8 Mel&B

Mel&B
                • 613 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:45 PM

I think it looks great the way it is! I don't think anyone will notice the corners. Honestly, it looks awesome!

#9 Chiquita

Chiquita
                  • 2,674 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:00 PM

I agree that no one will notice the corners. I wouldn't worry about it

#10 KatyKo

KatyKo
                    • 851 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:05 PM

Oh it looks amazing!! I don't think the corners are something to worry about at all. If you do figure out how to attach the template that would be awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users