Shipping to Hawaii

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 princessina

princessina
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:43 AM

Hi, Ladies,

Have any of your shipped stuff to Oahu? I have a ton of things to take and I'm thinking about shipping it to my WC. I've been searching for cost effective ways to ship my items there but I haven't found much.

I'm looking to ship about 100 chargers, 100 fans, 90 parasols, and other misc. things. Any and all help is welcome. Thanks in advance.

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:14 AM

hey! i shipped about 9 boxes of stuff to HI (Big Island) from the East Coast.

my recommendation is to send everything USPS parcel post (the cheapest way) just make sure to bring it boxed and sealed with plain clear tape to the post office - the only boxing / tape they have for free is the Priority Mail and that is much more expensive.

I think it cost us about $100 to ship everything ( a lot of stuff) and it was SOOO WORTH it!

#3 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:20 PM

I sent stuff from Vancouver to Maui but used my company's FedEx account. If you have time, send it USPS with a tracking number.. probably alot cheaper than FedEx or UPS.

#4 princessina

princessina
        • 192 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:48 PM

Wow! That seems affordable... Thanks ladies...if sending it parcel (which I plan to do) how long (approximately) would it take?

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:57 PM

hawaii is a bargain to ship too. I've only mailed letters, but they are the standard rate of 47cents. same for alaska. I thought there would be an additional fee.

when i was spending so much on postage to send out wedding invites, I felt like I really for my money's worth for the hawaii & alaska ones.

not sure if it's the same for packages.

#6 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:55 AM

it is the same for packages Morgan.

as for time the things i sent USPS took about 1 week but can take up to 2 so make sure you send them early (like 1 month before) and ask your WC to store them :)

#7 princessina

princessina
              • 192 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:57 AM

Thanks Alyssa, You said you shipped 9 boxes were they huge boxes filled or lightly packed and stuffed for shipping? I'm trying to determine approx. how much its going to be. Even though I have a lot of things, weight wise, they don't weigh that much. Thanks~

#8 Alyssa

Alyssa
                • 11,793 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:03 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by princessina
                  Thanks Alyssa, You said you shipped 9 boxes were they huge boxes filled or lightly packed and stuffed for shipping? I'm trying to determine approx. how much its going to be. Even though I have a lot of things, weight wise, they don't weigh that much. Thanks~
                  most of the boxes were small and packed tight but we had 2 larger ones b/c of their contents, we packed them for shipping with newspaper or peanuts. i used the smallest possible boxes to consolidate and make it easier for our WC to store everything!

#9 princessina

princessina
                  • 192 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:57 AM

Okay! Great...that's helped me a ton. Now I got to get to strategic planning :)

#10 lmprophoto

lmprophoto
                    • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:03 AM

Another USPS vote. It really is the most affordable option for low volume shipping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users