Photo

Photographers: Sandals' website says I can't hire outside vendors!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 ccrytser

ccrytser
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:27 PM

I ran into the same problem with Beaches Negril. However, I have written permission from the wedding coordinator that our "family friend" who is a photographer will be allowed to photograph our wedding. However, this photographer must be a guest of the resort, so we are flying ours in from the states.

#12 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
    • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:36 PM

WOW.... Which coordinator gave you this Because I tried to get the skinny on this when I first looked at Beaches ... and they would not move at all on this. Granted my day is over and done with.... and Beaches is seriously amazing... So enjoy and have a wonderful time!!

#13 JessicaPV

JessicaPV
      • 375 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

I agree with Tod that the reason why the resort would want a photographer of their own is for money reasons. They want to capture the revenue from it.

Most of the resort photographers are so used to doing this at that particular venue and are so used to the venue squeezing out their profits that I don't see how most of the shots they get are a copy-paste version from all their weddings.

That being said I think it makes total sense for a bride and groom to want to have the photographer with the style they want for what's going to be probably one of the most important moments in their life.

Should the couple have the right to ask for a premium to be paid to bring an outside photographer?

Has anybody asked for this to the Sandals people?

On the other side I agree that a Bride and Groom photoshoot will be very nice to capture the beuty and feelings of them both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users