Diamond White vs. White-White

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 pearlygirl

pearlygirl
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:19 PM

Hi ladies!

Since I had less than 3 months to plan this wedding, I had to buy a dress off the rack. The one I fell in love with (and already purchased) happens to be a Maggie Sottero in Diamond White.

Does anyone else have a Diamond White dress? Is my dress going to look funny against FH's white linen?

I wouldn't have given it a second thought, but I've had a few comments from some people at home, and they're freaking me out!

#2 BachataBride

BachataBride
    • Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:37 PM

I have no idea! Have you held them up to each other??
      I'm sure it will be fine though!!!

#3 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
      • 5,681 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:41 PM

I ordered my dress in diamond white, I like it WAY better than regular white - FI plans on getting a linen suit - I am sure it will go either way :)

#4 pearlygirl

pearlygirl
        • 97 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:34 PM

Holding them next to each other is the obvious way to see how it'll look.....except that I don't have my dress at home because it is being altered at the bridal shop, which is 40 miles away, so I don't really want to drive there just to see if the linen matches. I thought it would just be easier to ask you ladies :)

#5 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:40 PM

I have a diamond white maggie sottero dress - I love the color :) I don't think it will look funny.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#6 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,921 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:49 PM

I think it would look great! My dress is diamond white!

#7 neen

neen
              • 633 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:57 PM

it'll be fine - white, off-white, diamond white, ivory - its all the same color family so nothing is going to clash. can't say the shades will match exactly, but it won't look funny. no worries!

#8 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                • 1,097 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:58 PM

I too have diamond white--it will be fine.

#9 mich999

mich999
                  • 386 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:05 PM

When I ordered my dress, which is an off-white, I asked the designer (who happened to be there for a trunk show) about clashing whites with the groom. I was worried about his white shirt and the designer stated that you are never going to be able to match whites perfectly, not to worry about it and that this should not be a concern. As another poster stated, they are all just different shades of the same color family. So, my half a cent is you'll be gorgeous and it won't look funny at all. Good luck!

#10 dursula

dursula
                    • 75 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:20 AM

I've got a Diamond White Maggie too.

White-white can actually be a very harsh "colour". It tends to be stark and kinda cold to the point of almost fluorescing. Diamond white is often recommended since it is softer and thus tends to compliment just about everyone's complexion!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users