Sherry

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleAddict View Post
Sherry, you look absolutely stunning and your photos are incredible.

In fact, thanks to you, we decided to hire Mike to photograph our Sept. 2009 Maui wedding! Thank you so much!!!
I'm so glad to hear that you're booking Mike!!!!! I will try not to start gushing again, but you will absolutely love him. He is so great. I'm so excited for you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sherry,

Can you tell me how you liked the Wailea Beach Marriott (rooms and grounds)?

We were planning on having both the ceremony and reception at the SeaWatch, but SeaWatch is having some problems with their lease and they are not booking past Aug. 18, 2009 at this time. They gave me a courtesy hold on the date, but can't/won't tell me if/when I can book and I am starting to stress out about it. Plus, I can't book any vendors or send save the dates!

I am starting to look into the Marriott for the ceremony (not sure about where to have the reception, but probably not there), which looks pretty reasonable, and I also like the fact that you can get married right by the water. (How was the wind down there, by the way?)

I'd love to get your impressions on the hotel rooms and grounds.

TIA!

• 2 weeks later...

We are getting married and having our reception at the Marriott in May! I have been to the Marriott while on vacation last year and LOVED it. I also attended a wedding lunch at Seawatch. It was so pretty. Great place!

I can help you in any way I can!

Hi Chem,

Where at the Marriott will you be getting married? The coordinator from A Dream Wedding, Maui quoted me a pretty high price for just the site fee, chair rental and day-of coordination.

I wish the SeaWatch would get its butt in gear so we can have the wedding there as planned because it will cost so much more to do it at the Marriott. Of course, being close to the ocean at the Marriott would be really nice...

Quote:
Hi Chem,

Where at the Marriott will you be getting married? The coordinator from A Dream Wedding, Maui quoted me a pretty high price for just the site fee, chair rental and day-of coordination.

I wish the SeaWatch would get its butt in gear so we can have the wedding there as planned because it will cost so hmuch more to do it at the Marriott. Of course, being close to the ocean at the Marriott would be really nice...
Hey!

We are getting married on the Lawn, the same place Sherry and her husband did. Then we are having our reception on the Pacific Terrace there. We are using a Dream Wedding and have been dealing with Tracy. We have put down a 400 dollar deposit so far for the Terrace. I'll let cha know what it come out to!

Congrats to you and your fiance!

Quote:
Hi Sherry,

Can you tell me how you liked the Wailea Beach Marriott (rooms and grounds)?

We were planning on having both the ceremony and reception at the SeaWatch, but SeaWatch is having some problems with their lease and they are not booking past Aug. 18, 2009 at this time. They gave me a courtesy hold on the date, but can't/won't tell me if/when I can book and I am starting to stress out about it. Plus, I can't book any vendors or send save the dates!

I am starting to look into the Marriott for the ceremony (not sure about where to have the reception, but probably not there), which looks pretty reasonable, and I also like the fact that you can get married right by the water. (How was the wind down there, by the way?)

I'd love to get your impressions on the hotel rooms and grounds.

TIA!
We were really happy with the rooms and grounds at the Marriott. The rooms are pretty typical for a 4-star - really well done and modern looking, high thread-count sheets, etc. I really liked that the bathroom area was pretty separate, and there was a large vanity area that was really great for getting ready on the day of the wedding. The view from our room was gorgeous too. The grounds of the Marriott are amazing. All of our pictures before the wedding and were taken there, including the ones by the pond. They just finished re-doing the grounds in the past year, and I can't tell you what an amazing job they've done. We were so happy to see it when we arrived, because the photos online at the time really didn't do it justice. We so loved the pictures that our photographer did by the little pond they have. there's also gorgeous old trees all around the lobby area, and you could do some pretty amazing pics there too.

We had initially hoped to have our ceremony at the Seawatch too, since we had our reception there, but it ended up already being booked on our date. Our only option would have been to have the ceremony out at their Molokini Lookout, and it seemed awfully expensive by the time we factored in the mandatory shuttles that you'd have to do. I'm sure it would have been gorgeous, but we were so happy with the lawn at the Marriott, and I think it was at least as beautiful.

The wind turned out to be not too bad for our ceremony. There was definitely wind, but we had our ceremony fairly late (5:15pm) and by that time, the worst of the trade winds had died down and it really just kept the temperature comfortable. Without the wind, I think it might have been a little unbearable, because it was an unusually hot day for Maui on our wedding day. My sister held on to my veil for about the first 10 minutes of the ceremony, which worked out fine, and after that she was able to let go of it, because the wind had died down even more. We were so happy that we ended up having the ceremony at the Marriott. It was really nice having it down by the water, and the spot is actually fairly private and people were really respectful. Our guests kept telling us how beautiful the spot was.

Anyway, hope that helps! let me know if you have any more questions!

One more thing - I forgot to mention that another thing we really liked about having the ceremony at the Marriott was that it was only about a 2-3 minute walk over to Wailea beach for our photos. With the sun setting so early, it was nice not to lose any valuable sunlight getting over to the beach.

Another thing I forgot to mention - depending on the time of year you're having your wedding, if you're planning on having it in the afternoon/evening, I'd really recommend having it after 5:00pm. A friend of ours who spends a lot of time on Maui had actually recommended 5:15 because the trade winds have really gone down by then, and we were so glad that we listed to him! A couple of days before the wedding we had walked down to the lawn to see how the wind was, but we went around 3:00pm and we could hardly hear each other because the wind was so crazy!! I was kind of freaking out about it, so we went back down at 5:00 that day, and I can't tell you how relieved and amazed I was that the wind had gone down so much. Thank goodness we had followed the advice we were given!