SWO Brides/Wives ~ Official Chat Thread w/List

Ellipse22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post
I think I'm going to start packing this weekend. Jeff's working Saturday day & night so it will give me some free time! I'm not planning on going over with my luggage or paying for extra, so I'm going to distribute anything that won't fit or is too heavy to my other guests out of TO. My mom is coming the week before the wedding and we're meeting up with 7 other people so I"m going to tell them to leave room in their carry on bags for some of my crap!! You should definitley look at doing the same! I know I would never fit all of my wedding stuff in my carry on!!
Yay!! I can't wait to meet you guys!! You're right - it will be great to put actual faces to all the friends who've helped us along the way!! I feel like getting everyone's mailing addy's so I can send out Thank you cards!! LOL
Ya, that is a good idea forsure. I don't think I will be bogged down as some though. I have kept things fairly simple as that was why I was doing the DW. I know my favours are being dispersed but other than that, I just basically have the clothing I am gonna wear and maybe a couple bathing suits to go in carry on.
This site is crazy eh...where would you be without some of you ladies to babble on to. I was actually a head of my TA on a lot of things cause there is soo much info on here about ROR. Definitely kudos to everyone here...great group of girls.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am keeping it fairly simple...but I do have a few favors (which are already in NL to go down with the inlaws), I have my MOHs gifts, my toasting flutes & cake topper to go. Oh...and my welcome books. Other than that I think I'm good. But I've picking up things here & there so I guess I should really go through everything & see what I actually have!! Another chore for this weekend!! LOL

WOOHOO!! I can't believe how close you ladies are!! I sooo remember those days!

Christene ~ Sorry about your B party! I didn't really have one either..just a few drinks with my mom & sisters..that it.

IRON ON's ~ I got a pack of them from Michaels that I printed on using my computer. Also, I used VistaPrint to make 4 t-shirts with monograms & dates for our stag & doe..I think it was around $50 all together with shipping. They are located in ON so it didn't take long for them to get to me..maybe a week...just a thought!

Amanda ~ I have to get those parasols to you..what's Sunday like for you? We could meet up or something..let me know..give me a call!!

So..I had a crazy holiday and when I came back to work on Sunday I ended up having to go to emerge. It appears as if one of my superficial veins was inflammed and found out I had a blood clot that popped. So..I was off work yesterday on meds with my leg wrapped..not fun! I'm back at work now..waiting for my doctors appt. on the 9th to get more answers..OH JOY!

On a somewhat happy note..I am kid free until the 1st in the evening..sounds great and all but of course Jeff is working late which means although I will get some "me" time I won't get any "Jeff" time LOL

Oh well..what's a girl to do?!?! Ohh and I'm still trying to find a place in London for my impending move...no luck yet. We found a house that we thought was perfect only to find out it was taken. I'm soo looking forward to having a few drinks tomorrow night!!! YEAH!!!

Oh wow Tan that's crazy!! Sounds like it's not too serious though - you're back to work after all...or are you just one of those toughies!!

I'm not sure what's going on Sunday...nothing I don't think! Give me a call & let me know where to meet you. You have my numbers right??

About those iron ons...how did the ones from Michaels work?? That's my plan for this weekend, but if they don't work then I won't bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post
Oh wow Tan that's crazy!! Sounds like it's not too serious though - you're back to work after all...or are you just one of those toughies!!
I'm not sure what's going on Sunday...nothing I don't think! Give me a call & let me know where to meet you. You have my numbers right??
About those iron ons...how did the ones from Michaels work?? That's my plan for this weekend, but if they don't work then I won't bother.
I have your number and will give you a call. The iron on's from Michael's worked well...don't buy any yet though because I think I have some left..if I do you can have them and even if I don't have enough sheets you can try it out to see if it works.

I will definetly call you and see what works best for you. Jeff has to work Sat. during the day and then he's off on Sunday.

Yes, I'm a toughie! It's not that bad and there's nothing else I can do about it so I may as well come to work. It's funny because alot of my medical issues (with my knees) is because I am on my feet alot on a concrete floor..not good!

My Jeff works Saturday (and night) and is off sunday too!

If you want (so we don't miss time with our Jeff's!) we can meet up on Saturday if that works better for you! Take the kiddies on a road trip - or I can meet up with you...Hamilton isn't too far right??

Are you wearing proper footwear at work?? Do you have orthotics?? They are supposed to work wonders...you have to take care of yourself girl!! You'll be falling apart before you know it!! lol

I'll def take you up on that offer of the transfer sheets though! I can try them out on an old tee or something! That's awesome!! Thanks hun!! I guess I'll have to make that a project for next weekend now then!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipse22 View Post
WOOHOO!! I can't believe how close you ladies are!! I sooo remember those days!

Christene ~ Sorry about your B party! I didn't really have one either..just a few drinks with my mom & sisters..that it.

IRON ON's ~ I got a pack of them from Michaels that I printed on using my computer. Also, I used VistaPrint to make 4 t-shirts with monograms & dates for our stag & doe..I think it was around $50 all together with shipping. They are located in ON so it didn't take long for them to get to me..maybe a week...just a thought!

Amanda ~ I have to get those parasols to you..what's Sunday like for you? We could meet up or something..let me know..give me a call!!

So..I had a crazy holiday and when I came back to work on Sunday I ended up having to go to emerge. It appears as if one of my superficial veins was inflammed and found out I had a blood clot that popped. So..I was off work yesterday on meds with my leg wrapped..not fun! I'm back at work now..waiting for my doctors appt. on the 9th to get more answers..OH JOY!

On a somewhat happy note..I am kid free until the 1st in the evening..sounds great and all but of course Jeff is working late which means although I will get some "me" time I won't get any "Jeff" time LOL

Oh well..what's a girl to do?!?! Ohh and I'm still trying to find a place in London for my impending move...no luck yet. We found a house that we thought was perfect only to find out it was taken. I'm soo looking forward to having a few drinks tomorrow night!!! YEAH!!!
Wow, that is not good at all!! I hope everything is alright and your leg gets taken care of. Finding a house in london shouldn't be too big of a task. I have been hearing around the area that there are lots for sale right now. Which area are you looking inhuh.gif

I am stuck on the London area because we are wanting a specific area. Trust me we've been looking and actually missed out on an opportunity or 2.

We aren't looking to buy..just rent for now until we get settled and figure out exactly where we want to be long term. We have been looking in the north west area - north of gainsborough between wonderland & hyde park - and the reason is because that is where his boys lives..so we want to be as close as possible. I'm heading to London on the 5th to view a few properties.

Orthotics..yup have them..and they don't do a thing for me. I've even had synvisc injections in my right knee and that isn't working either. My right side is a mess from my hip down. I'm going to be asking for an MRI & blood work and perhaps ultrasounds on my legs to check my veins...I am truly falling apart!

fyi ladies...

I took this off the skyservice site

Wedding Dresses

Dress must be contained in a garment bag and may be carried on the aircraft in addition to regular sized carry-on baggage. Dresses must be placed in the overhead bin only, as there are no closet facilities onboard.

Yikes Tanya, that doesnt sound fun at all! Hope you can get all that cleared up, sounds a bit scary! On a side note - I lived in NW London for 21 years! Decent places to live up there, its completely different and has been hugely developed since I lived there. There were a lot of farm lands still when I lived there... hehe.

Im sooooo jealous of all you January 22-ers. Flying out on the same day! That'll be an interesting morning at the airport!! Ive got my BD pics that day - ugh. I want to do them, but shit am I ever nervous. Im not exactly an exhibitionist... Me and lingerie arent friends.... Ive gotta go out and get some next week - scary!