dads outfits

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 akumalbound

• 57 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:31 PM

did you tell your dads what to wear or just let them go with it? my dad has chosen white pants and i'm not sure how i feel about it. (he wants to do white pants with tan shirts bc groomsman are wearing tan pants and white shirt). the white pants thing throws me off a little.

#2 tob1kanobe

• 216 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:33 PM

my dad is wearing a suit and i am requesting a grey one because that is what my groom and his best man are wearing...does that seem gay
      Bryan (DH) is Napolean Dynamite and his friend is a keg.

#3 Mrs.Morley

• 259 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:35 PM

IMHO I think that your dad wearing white pants is a cute idea, I like it!

#4 LisaG

• VIP Member
        • 7,839 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:53 PM

I think white pants will be fine as long as he doesn't wear a white shirt.

#5 akumalbound

• 57 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:56 PM

just thinking about pictures with all the guys in the wedding party in tan pants and white shirts. probably overthinking it...

#6 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:22 PM

IMO, I think your dad's idea is a cute one - and I might steal it! I think it shows that although he's not in the bridal party, he's "involved" in the wedding... I think it adds an unintentional personal touch!
              Happily Married since May 9, 2008
              Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#7 NABUMBAH

• VIP Member
              • 931 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:22 PM

my dad wore a really light tan linen suit (almost white) and a blue linen shirt.

yes, I think you are over thinking a little. It won't look weird, and all eyes will be on you!

#8 Jessalyn

• 1,876 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:27 PM

I'm going to have my dad dress similar to the GM. Tan slacks and white silk shirt. The shirt will not match perfectly, but very close.

I'd probably feel the same way as you....not sure about having dad dress opposite the GM....
                  My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                  Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#9 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:40 PM

I told my brother (who is not in the wedding) to wear tan pants and a white shirt and I plan to tell me dad the same. Steve will have a tan suit. I don't care if they all have the exact same shirt & pants, I just want it to look nice in pictures. So I didn't want to allow them to just pick any old thing to wear. My brother would probably show up in cargo shorts and a t-shirt if I didn't direct him, lol!

#10 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:04 PM

I let my dad do his own thing (the only stipulation I had is the no kilt thing!).
                      He did pretty well! A nice black suit with a light blue shirt and a really nice tie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users