Photo

Bringing your own photographer

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 DwBride2Be

DwBride2Be
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:00 AM

Hey all, I am just looking to bring a photographer to my wedding in Cuba.  However, the prices they are quoting are all over the place!!  Can you guys who have in the past, or are bringing photographers down, give me an idea of what it costs?  Just approx.

Also, do your quotes include or exclude the travel costs?

Thanks!

Laurie

#12 Tia529

Tia529
    • 76 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:13 AM

I'm paying a little over $6000 for my photographer (and her husband) to fly down to Jamaica.  That includes a wedding day and trash the dress shoot.  Their travel fees are included in that as well.

I did get some quotes from other photographers, and I ended up going with the most expensive one, because I loved her work.

#13 CdnBeatPrincess

CdnBeatPrincess
      • 296 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:47 AM

I'm bringing down two photographers. They are actually BF & GF. Both run their own seperate companies. So I kind of got lucky there. Using my 2 free trips towards their travel costs. Package is just over $1000. I'm getting an engagement session, boudior session, full day wedding and full day trash the dress.

#14 DwBride2Be

DwBride2Be
        • 190 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:01 AM

Thanks ladies,

We found one who we love, and he is charging $2000 for engagement, full day wedding, full day ttd, and pics at the rehearsal dinner.  We also get all the digital files included.   We have to pay for the travel for the two of them, they are husband and wife and both are photographers, so if we qualfy for freebies we'll use those, but if not it'll be about $3500 so $5500 total.

So excited!!  He is too because it's his first Destination wedding.

I know I didn't get the best "deal", but I love his work, and he's a really nice guy so I know he'll fit in with our families!

SOOOO EXCITING!

#15 Yardie

Yardie
          • Banned
          • 24 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:10 AM

You can also use a local photographer on the island with no problems as well.  I know that Sun Gold or WPAJ books in for the night (included in their pricing) which is sometimes cheaper than the 200.00 fee.  Anyone  staying on property of the resort is a guest of the resort and may attend your wedding as a photographer or friend (if invited :).  The resort cannot charge a local photographer 200.00 vendor fee if staying on property and not charge an overseas photographer 200.00 if staying on property, that would be very unfair.  Hope this helps :)  

#16 beachbum21

beachbum21
            • 438 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

I'm bringing down my own photographer as well, we are using the "free trip" towards his travel and paying his (negotiated) fees. He does amazing work and we are getting an engagement session, rehearsal, full wedding day coverage, TTD and some adhoc stuff throughout the week... We also get all the shots and a professional album. 

When i sat down to compare costs/services, it was less expensive to bring him than to go local and the work just didn't compare. 

Good luck all! :) 

#17 Pierre Violle

Pierre Violle
              • 272 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

Choosing a photographer is such a personal choice and to many brides it is such a important part of the special day.  It is too bad that some resorts do not cater to this and facilitate you having the perfect wedding day.  Stick to your guns and demand your perfect day!

Check out the WIKI Choosing Your Wedding Photographer for some advice on selecting that lucky professional to be with you on that special day!

#18 msanaberry1

msanaberry1
                • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

I am also bringing my own photographer, and we are doing our wedding at the riu negril, and as far as anyone knows, he is our "friend"

#19 Kristy28

Kristy28
                  • 160 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

We are having our wedding at the ROR in Decemeber 2012 and we are bringing our own photographer. The wedding coordinator said that was fine and there was no vendor fee as they are staying at the resort. I think local photographers may get hassled as the resort knows them but someone with your party for the week should have no problem. They are a paying guest.

Wedding booked for December 12, 2012 at the RIU Ocho Rio....cannot wait.....it will be the best day of our lives

#20 ec121212

ec121212
                    • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

we are also bringing a friend to the riu negril who will be our photographer... hopefully we have no issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users