? about BM Paper umbrellas

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 lgarner83

lgarner83
  • 530 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:43 AM

Hi ladies!

I love the look of the paper parasols that some BM's are carrying instead of bouquets. I think it looks awesome and is cost effective as well! Anyways, our ceremony is on the beach and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with wind and if it is breezy, will it affect the umbrellas? They won't rip will they?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Bridget810

Bridget810
    • 168 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:33 PM

oh, good question! I also plan on using paper parasols for the same reasons you mentioned, and I was wondering how sturdy they were too. I definitely plan on buying extras, just in case they get torn on the trip down.

#3 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
      • 1,830 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:15 PM

hi ladies...I used parasols for the bridesmaids; the ceremony was not on the beach but we took pictures on the beach and that day was very windy...the good thing is the parasols held up pretty good but the girls were having a hard time keeping the straight but it was hilarious. I say go for it.

#4 lgarner83

lgarner83
        • 530 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

Thanks Lady Cheese!!! I also PM'd another lady who got married on the beach on used them...I'll post her response here when she does!

#5 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:59 PM

We used ours on the beach. It wasn't very windy, but I think they would have held up even if it was, they were pretty sturdy. I bought a few extras just in case they got damaged, but didn't have to use them. They looked great in my pics (and saved a ton of money)!

Click the image to open in full size.

#6 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
            • 1,830 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:04 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lizz
              We used ours on the beach. It wasn't very windy, but I think they would have held up even if it was, they were pretty sturdy. I bought a few extras just in case they got damaged, but didn't have to use them. They looked great in my pics (and saved a ton of money)!

Click the image to open in full size.
              I agree, they were very study...they held up really good packed in the suitcase too. The pictures with the parasols look great.

#7 lgarner83

lgarner83
              • 530 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:59 PM

BEAUTIFUL pic, thank you!

#8 -Kate-

-Kate-
                • VIP Member
                • 7,676 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:11 PM

I used them - no problems. It wasn't really windy but they are much sturdier than you would think.

#9 Bridget810

Bridget810
                  • 168 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:43 PM

So, where did you girls get your parasols from? I was looking at some at Party Planning Ideas. Football Theme Party. Fall Party Ideas. Party Supplies because they are less than $4 a piece and they come in orange (my accent color). I would love to hear about some other options though (or feedback about party411).

#10 Spazz

Spazz
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:48 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Bridget810
                      So, where did you girls get your parasols from? I was looking at some at Party Planning Ideas. Football Theme Party. Fall Party Ideas. Party Supplies because they are less than $4 a piece and they come in orange (my accent color). I would love to hear about some other options though (or feedback about party411).

I got mine from Luna Bazaar: www.lunabazaar.com. I think they were about $6 each.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users