Photo

SWO Brides/Wives Get Together ~ GTKY

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
  • 584 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:41 AM

Another thread of Getting To Know You for the SWO Brides/Wives Get Together.

(I hope you don't mind that I've added "Wives" because I'm no longer a "Bride" and most of us will be married by February)

Children! Do you have any? How many do you plan on having?

I have 2 children from a previous relationship. Brandon is 10 and Kayla will be 7 on the 14th. I also have 2 step-children. Justin will be 9 on the 13th and Karson is 7 1/2.

Brandon & Justin are in grade 4 and Kayla & Karson are in grade 2. We have no plans to have anymore children of our own. We plan to adopt a child in 2-5 years.

#2 BachataBride

BachataBride
    • Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:39 AM

Wow...that's a whole lot going on!! Glad you will get to see more of Jeff's kids when you move though! That will be great for him & the kids!

Nope...no kids (just Killick our dog!)
      We will not be having kids right away. But within 5 years. And probably just the one.

#3 chicklet

chicklet
      • 718 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:07 AM

kids are on my agenda and soon....right now i just borrow my friend's kids ..*lol*

#4 Sloan

Sloan
        • 1,279 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:30 AM

Im on the fence about kids - Im a bit self-centered. Probably will end up having kids, but the thought freaks me out right now.

#5 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
          • 584 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sloan
            Im on the fence about kids - Im a bit self-centered. Probably will end up having kids, but the thought freaks me out right now.
            Sometimes I wonder if I should of had children lol

#6 BachataBride

BachataBride
            • Banned
            • 9,310 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sloan
              You sound like FI!! He wants his big screens...his boat...his cottage...his vacations. He's convinced when/if we have kids life ends!!! LOL

#7 ~Kate~

~Kate~
              • 329 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:50 PM

haha, I hear you ladies....I think kids are on the radar, but not for at least a few years....for now, we just spoil Cooper
                l
                l
                V

#8 christenew

christenew
                • 325 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:08 PM

If I could afford children and trips that would be amazing. I don't know which I want more. To travel europe or kids...AHHHH!

#9 BachataBride

BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:58 PM

FI brought up buying a piece of property in Mexico or somewhere in the Caribbean yesterday. We were also talking about in 3-5 years we'll have the ability to spend 1 week a month down there. But he also reminded me we can't do that with kids. That would be so incredible, but I don't think I can picture my life without having a child. Decisions, decisions.

#10 Sloan

Sloan
                    • 1,279 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:54 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by BachataBride
                      You sound like FI!! He wants his big screens...his boat...his cottage...his vacations. He's convinced when/if we have kids life ends!!! LOL
                      Oh we've been on the fence about kids vs. early retirement and cottage! But in reality we'll probably start trying after the wedding. Ill be 31 and he'll be 34, so its time for us to grow up a bit. We arent getting any younger!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users