AnaS Would you mind to email what info you have as well?  I am JUST starting to get resorts narrowed down and this one is def. sticking out to me but I'd like to know as mh as I can about what type of investment I'm in for :)

My email: greenlime_7@hotmail.com   Thank-you!!.

Question about photography:  I saw a ways back someone mentioned buying their photog a room for the night to avoid fees....What about if your photograper truly is a guest?  I plan to fly my photographer fromhere in Alberta, so she would stay for a week just like my other guests.  Does she still get pegged as a 'vendor" I wonder?

Hope I'll be joing you ladies soon on this forum as an offical "planning" bride :)

@sgreen99, good luck with your planning! If your photographer travels down and stays with you, she would not be considered a vendor and you wouldn't have to pay any fees.

Originally Posted by sgreen99 View Post

AnaS Would you mind to email what info you have as well?  I am JUST starting to get resorts narrowed down and this one is def. sticking out to me but I'd like to know as mh as I can about what type of investment I'm in for :)

Question about photography:  I saw a ways back someone mentioned buying their photog a room for the night to avoid fees....What about if your photograper truly is a guest?  I plan to fly my photographer fromhere in Alberta, so she would stay for a week just like my other guests.  Does she still get pegged as a 'vendor" I wonder?

Hope I'll be joing you ladies soon on this forum as an offical "planning" bride :)

Hey sgreen99,

We've just been through the whole "vendor/non-vendor" thing ... we were quoted $300 for a vendor fee, but if we have our photographer stay over night (very handy for TTD the next day), we only pay $132pp (double occupancy).  I think that's the way we're going to go - haven't totally decided yet.  We've only booked the photographer until 6pm, so I feel badly that they're going to have nothing to do all night!  Well, I guess there are worse places in the world to have nothing to do all night ... ;)

Bottom line - if your photographer is a 'guest', no matter for how long, you don't need to pay the vendor fee.  Or, at least that's how I understand my particuar arrangement.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Originally Posted by sgreen99 View Post

I brought ( my wedding was Dec 8, 2011) my photogrpher from Toronto and she stayed for the full week and truely was a guest at the wedding. She did not pay the vendor fee :) happy planning

Hi Little B,

I was there on Dec 8th and peaked at your wedding :). It looked like you guys had a lot of fun!

Ana

Hello Ladies! Thanks for info! ive been reading everyones posts and its helping me out in my planning! i was just wondering if anyone has any pictures of anything related to the OCT or weddings at the OCT could you please send them to me at tegan_28@hotmail.com it would greatly appreciated!! thanks again!

Hi

Can you send me your information and pictures too? Everyones comments are getting me super excited but i haven't got a reply from the hotel yet.

Thanks!

Hi Ladies, I wanted to point you to some great pictures our travel agent took in Sept when she was down in the Myan for some site inspections. If you use Facebook, search for Blue Petal Destination Weddings - then search through their albums for Ocean Coral Turquesa by H10. They've posted over 100 photos of the resort, and have albums for many other resorts with helpful comments. Good Luck!

Hey!  I've been a little MIA on the forum lately, but have been following the thread....I was sooooooooo pleased to read the menu tasting review!  Anyway I'm writing about the Officiant information.  I haven't seen anything from the hotel, but I'm wondering if that's because I'm doing a symbolic ceremony???  What about you?  Are you doing a legal or symbolic ceremony?  Thanks!

Originally Posted by AwayWeGo View Post

Hi Ladies, we're also having an outside photographer and have to pay the outside vendor fee and the day pass fee. I've seen that other brides have gotten Ana down to $200 for the outside vendor fee, we have to pay $300, but I'm hoping to negotiate with her when we get there.

I also wanted to share this information that our wedding planner just got from the officiant's that OCT uses, I found it very helpful and great to hear that they really tailor the ceremony to the couple:

In our web page you and the bride will find the different tipes of ceremonies that we officiate.
It is:
www.cancunweddingofficiant.com
There is An info sheet to be filled up by tha bride and the groom.
According to that, we design a tailor made wording which varies in every event, depending on their beliefs, time together, special interests, etc.
All this within the structure called Wedding Format.