Photo

Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

• Please log in to reply
2416 replies to this topic

#961 countrybride

countrybride
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

My ceremony was at 4 pm and I almost wished I had done it at 330 as a fter the ceremony was done we were in crunch time for pictures to get them done while the light was still good enough i felt like adrill sergent directly the family to do it quick ahah

Originally Posted by JBandDJ 

What time of day of your ceremony?  Ours is booked for 5pm, but I'm worried it will be dark right away....should we switch to 4pm??

#962 countrybride

countrybride
    • 40 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

what time of year is your wedding though? cause that would change thing too

Originally Posted by countrybride 

My ceremony was at 4 pm and I almost wished I had done it at 330 as a fter the ceremony was done we were in crunch time for pictures to get them done while the light was still good enough i felt like adrill sergent directly the family to do it quick ahah

#963 IvanLuckiePhotography

IvanLuckiePhotography
      • Vendor
      • 183 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:30 PM

Oh man, light is the most important fact in a photo shoot, it means all!!! I used to suggest my brides to send me the itinerary, I review it and suggest the best timing for pictures and if possible to move some things to get the best of the daylight, at the end we can work in any light when we are creative enough, we can use flash, hard light or soft light but the result depends on the photographer skills, some of couple attitude and some the beauty of a place, effective communication is an art as well, be aware and select wise your photographer :)

Besos

Ivan! 

#964 JBandDJ

JBandDJ
        • 52 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:40 AM

Our wedding is March 27, 2012. Our photographer is Dean Sanderson. He has recommended we change our time to 4pm at the latest. I'm waiting for Ana to respond to a few of our requests and questions. 

Thank you for your advice!

#965 TriSportBride

TriSportBride
          • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

Let me know how you do with that - I asked to have my November 2012 4pm time changed to 3:30, and she said no.  Sounds like there are ceremonies at 2pm and 4pm and that's it!   I hope you manage to change it - I'll push a bit more for it if you do!  lol

#966 jend

jend
            • 26 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

JBandDJ, Dean Sanderson did my sisters wedding in the Mayan, and it was beautiful, you will have beautiful pictures :)

#967 AnaS

AnaS
              • Site Supporter
              • 57 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

Hello ladies,

I just got back from a trip to OCT when I finalized some of the details for my wedding.

I am so excited that everything is coming together so nicely. Ana is just great, helpful and it feels like anything you want can be done.

I wanted to let everyone know that food is very good. We tried 4 different menus for dinner and 2 of the hoer oeuvre's (not sure about spelling :) ) and we loved it. But most of all the cake options are all fantastic. I could not decide because i wanted them all :)

I am starting to count the days to my wedding.

Countrybride looks like you had an amazing wedding. Congratulations!

Happy planing!

Ana

#968 JBandDJ

JBandDJ
                • 52 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:43 PM

What menu options were the best/worst?  We are thinking of doing the surf and turf option. How about the cake.....do they do chocolate with white icing....or other combinations?

#969 Sandy Borie

Sandy Borie
                  • 98 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:35 AM

@AnaS- You are so lucky to be able to go down and taste the menu options!  Tell us what were the best options?  and also for the cake, what did you guys end up deciding?  Did Ana talk about the clear vases in reference to the flowers? or are you deciding to go with  getting it at Walmart?  Ana quoted me a price of 48usd per 3 clear vases with the submerged orchids and floating candles. At first, I thought that was high until I started inquiring around at home how much it would be and that is actually kind of a low price since it is an orchid.  I am leaning towards going with the price that was quoted but let me know what you decided.  Also did you and your FI decide on favors?  My fiancĀ© and I might just get the favors while we are there or we might have them mailed directly to the resort. I asked Ana about having a local bakery make traditional Mexican cookies and putting them in little gift boxes and giving them as a favor. She said she could certainly do that because that is actually a Mexican wedding tradition. She does seem like she will try to do whatever it is you want. :-)  Happy you enjoyed your trip to OCT! My fiancĀ© and I count the days until we are there again! :-) 

#970 countrybride

countrybride
                    • 40 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

we had a layer of white cake with white icing and a layer of chocolate with white icing and it was absolultely fantastic cake sooo good!

Originally Posted by JBandDJ 

What menu options were the best/worst?  We are thinking of doing the surf and turf option. How about the cake.....do they do chocolate with white icing....or other combinations?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users