Photo

Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

• Please log in to reply
2416 replies to this topic

#71 map

map
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:52 AM

We're having a symbolic wedding and not telling any of our guests. The wedding is supposed to be the same and you sign papers and everything. I just don't want to deal with the bloodwork and then waiting for the marriage certificate etc. We are going to have a commisioner come to our house and 'sign the papers' either before or after. I've heard of people doing both, I don't think it matters, just personal preference I think. I think we'll apply for our licence and get the commisioner all lined up and then do it just after we come back. But our wedding will always be in Mexico, in my mind the legal stuff is just that.

#72 silentderra

silentderra
    • 47 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:46 AM

We are doing a symbolic also. Our situation is a bit different.I am immigrating to the States after Mexico.(my fiancee lives in Colorado) We have to get married in the States with the kind of Visa I got. So we will do a justice of the peace thing when we get to Colorado. Even if that wasn't the situation, I think we would of done the same..I heard it was very complicated and a long process to get your marriage liscense in Mexico. Does anyone know when Kaycee is getting hitched?

#73 silentderra

silentderra
      • 47 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:56 AM

Forget the Kaycee question...I went back in the posts..she is getting married in 2 days!! HOLY MOLY I can't wait to hear from her after...

I have pics from Ana also for a dinner at the Villa Marina Restaurant(open restaurant by the pool and ocean)Very Nice!! and ceremony pics if anyone wants them..I will try and post them on here..not very computer smart though...lol

#74 map

map
        • 31 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:45 PM

Oooohhh...I want to see them! If you can't post them, my email addy is on the top of pg.6.

#75 JCrosby

JCrosby
          • 138 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:19 PM

I'd love to see the pictures too!! Is that a restaurant that's included or do you have to pay the extra $60 pp? My email is jcrosby@bristolgroup.ca.

Thanks!! :)

#76 bcbride

bcbride
            • 176 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:41 PM

My email is natr@shaw.ca I would love to see the pics as well! and thanks for answering my question about having a symbolic wedding, that helps me alot cuz i was worried the resort would look for a marriage certificate before they would provide a symbolic ceremony...

#77 map

map
              • 31 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:44 AM

Hey ladies! My dress arrived today, yay, only the alterations left now! I also got my approval photo for my 'real touch' flowers. (I'm going to try to attach the photo).

Hopefully the photo worked...anyway...got me to thinking, does anyone know if they have a steamer there for the dresses?

#78 Cheriedolan

Cheriedolan
                • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:13 PM

My email is cdolan1@lhup.edu. I would also love to see the pictures! My daughters wedding is in August 2009. Any help or advice would be appreciated. The pictures of the flowers are beautiful. Are they the flowers that you will use over at the OCT for your wedding? If so, who did you go through? Thanks!

#79 bcbride

bcbride
                  • 176 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:28 PM

Hi Cherie, I emailed you the pics. Happy planning!

#80 klink

klink
                    • 98 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:38 PM

Hi Everybody,
                      It is Kaycee. I am back from my wedding at Ocean Coral Turquesa. We had a wonderful, awesome, great time. We are very worn out- 7 days of celebrating and keeping tabs on 24 peps on vacation is very very tiring- but definitely well worth it. The resort is beautiful and our room was upgraded- we loved it! The weather was really windy the entire week and very windy the day of the wedding. However we stuck it out and had the ceremony on the beach- just like we wanted-and no rain thank goodness! The pools are not heated and because of the wind we were not in the pools much- but they are beautiful and would be great if it would have been warmer. I am sure you all have questions for me so let em fly ad I will try to answer them as best I can. Ocean Coral & Turquesa is beautiful and we were very happy with everything- except the reservations at the restaurants are kind of tough for larger groups. The ala cart rest. are pretty small so we always had to break up into 2 or 3 tables to seat everyone at the same time- but at least we all went together. I had my hair and make-up done at the spa- she did ok? I didn't love it and was too late to try and change it. But I should have known better- I don't normally wear very much makeup and it just didn't look like me. But everyone else liked it so no big deal. Sorry starting to carry on. Bring on your questions!!!
                      Kaycee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users