Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

Hi TropicLover and Sandy!

I was getting a little nervous because this thread was not as active as it used to be!

Thanks so much for the link! I didn't realise the sun set so early in November ;)

We don't need any outside vendors. I'm lucky enough to be bringing a local photographer and my friend who is a hairdresser! (the hairdresser also doubles as a second shooter woot.gif I've read on here that some brides have talked the WC down to $200 for an outside photographer (this does not include the day pass) Worth looking into!

I have no idea what we're going to do about makeup yet... might look into getting Adrian, or doing it myself LOL I'm pretty picky!

As for the reception, I'm waiting to hear back from Ana about having supper at the Villa Marina. Then I think we'll just head up to the lobby terrace afterwards and see where the night takes us!

Looking forward to hearing all about your plans ladies!

Originally Posted by TropicLover View Post

Hi Chambers2011! 

It's so nice that this board is becomming a little more active.  Below is a link to a website which shows the sunset and rise for Cancun in Nov 2011.  You can actually search a specific date for just about any city in the world.  For Nov 16 it says it will set at 5:06 pm.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=923&month=11&year=2011&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1

For our reception yes I plan to pay a little extra for it to go until midnight.  I'm sure 3 hours is more than enough time, but if our dinner starts at 7pm I didn't want it to be done at 10pm.

How have you been able to work around the outside vendor fees?  My photographer won't require a room for the night, but it's way more affordable to book him a room and call him a guest instead of pay the fee (I think it's $400 or something). 

I'm also worried about make-up and hair too.  It's incorporated in the hotel wedding package, but I've heard really good things about Adrian Guerra http://www.stylingtriorivieramaya.com/  He does airbrushed make-up which is apparently good for the heat.  I'll have to think about that one because that would be another fee.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sandy!  I love Elizabeth's work!  If you have room in your budget (she tends to fall on the higher side) then I'd say definetely go with her.  She's pretty quick at responding to emails and will send you her package pricing right away.

Originally Posted by Sandy Borie View Post

Hi guys,
Thank you for all the helpful advice on prices and outside vendors. I am thinking of going with anoutsidephotographer. Has anyone gone with Elizabeth Medina? She looks amazing!
Sandy

What are you doing for favors? We were thinking of doing mini silver patron bottles but my guy thinks it might be inappropriate for some guests. I dont know. I kind of like it. Let me know what you guys are thinking. Also, do you know if Ana will show you what things will look like before the big day? I am nervous, that the wrong flowers will be displayed or the wrong table color and then I won't be able to change it. I think I might be acting crazy. Am I the only when thinking this? Lol

Hi Ladies,

It's nice to see some action on this forum as well! We're booked at OCT for March 22, 2012, and very excited about it! We've just finished having all of our guests book with our travel agent, and have 54 people booked!

Tropiclover, we'll be traveling out of Vancouver as well! Do you guys have a travel agent and your group rates yet?

Look forward to chatting with you all!

Hi Sandy!

Yes, we're using an outside photographer. We've decided to go with Sascha Gluck. We love his pictures AND there are a ton of great reviews of him on the forum. Prior to booking with the hotel we let them know that we already had a photographer booked. They were a little reluctant at first, but agreed as long as we paid the outside vendor fee ($400, ugh...not the best way to save money, but pictures were important to us).

I'm totally clued out when it comes to flowers. Basically I just look at a picture and then say whether I like it or not. So far I haven't really liked any of the pictures I've seen from the hotel...they're just not my style. Instead I have a picture of what I'd like and my mom is then putting together a list of the flower types included. Once I have that I'll send it to Ana and have her price it out. If it's too pricy then my hopes are to cut back on the more expensive flower type. I hope I'm not shocked when she sends me the price.

I'm sure you can go elsewhere for the flowers, but then they'd charge you that lovely $400 outside vendor fee sad.gif A plan "B" alternative you could do is use another florist to pre-arrange the flowers and then on the day of the wedding have a family member pick up the flowers. I'd be curious to hear what other brides have done.

Are you using an outside photographer? If so, how was the resort about it? Also, I am getting nervous bowt the flower arrangements? They seem awfully expensive. Can I go with an outside florist?

I'm totally worried about how things will look too.  I'm doing things a little differently as my TA is also a wedding planner so she has been doing all the communicated to Ana.  Either way  I've been very specific and detail oriented with what I like and don't like.  My suggestion is to use a TON of pictures to help explain what you like and ask for picture examples.  I'm sure they could send you a picture of the tablecloth colors.  Also, when you arrive Ana will go through all the wedding details with you and if there's something you don't like that will be time to change it.

Hmm as for favors...we're not really sure yet.  I like the idea of doing something editable.  My first thoughts were mini bottles of hot sauce customized with a cheeky saying on it.  My sister thinks it's a good idea, although she said I should have an alternative for those who didn't like hot sauce.  Lol I didn't know guests could be picky with wedding favors!  I think the patron would go over well for the younger crowd and depending on your other guests it could be a lot of fun too.  Although maybe grandma and grandpa wouldn't get it msnwink.gif  I say to go with what works for you and that there's always going to be someone who complains.  A first step might be to sort out what type of wedding you're having - will it be formal, fun, whimsical, classy, etc. After that if there's a common theme the favor type might fall into place.  I'll keep you updated on what we finally decide.

What are you doing for favors? We were thinking of doing mini silver patron bottles but my guy thinks it might be inappropriate for some guests. I dont know. I kind of like it. Let me know what you guys are thinking. Also, do you know if Ana will show you what things will look like before the big day? I am nervous, that the wrong flowers will be displayed or the wrong table color and then I won't be able to change it. I think I might be acting crazy. Am I the only when thinking this? Lol