Jump to content

Photo

Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?


  • Please log in to reply
2416 replies to this topic

#461 Angelfire

Angelfire
  • Newbie
  • 45 posts

    Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:11 PM

    Sooo excited fro the up-coming brides!!!
    Just got a lengthy slideshow from our photographers (who were FABULOUS to work with). You can get a glimpse of our wedding at the link below.
    We were married on the beach and had our recpetion in a private banquet hall

    Amber & Rob

    #462 whit-Bride

    whit-Bride
    • Newbie
    • 57 posts

      Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:58 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Angelfire
      Sooo excited fro the up-coming brides!!!
      Just got a lengthy slideshow from our photographers (who were FABULOUS to work with). You can get a glimpse of our wedding at the link below.
      We were married on the beach and had our recpetion in a private banquet hall

      Amber & Rob
      Hi Amber,

      I just checked out your photos and they are incredible! Did you use the resort photographer or someone else?

      Congrats on your Wedding & Thank you so much for sharing your pictures with us!

      Whitney :)

      #463 Angelfire

      Angelfire
      • Newbie
      • 45 posts

        Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:54 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by whit-Bride View Post
        Hi Amber,

        I just checked out your photos and they are incredible! Did you use the resort photographer or someone else?

        Congrats on your Wedding & Thank you so much for sharing your pictures with us!

        Whitney :)
        Thanks! We decided to hire a photographer from outside the hotel...and I'm glad we did. We used Moments That Matter photography who live in Playa del Carmen but are Canadians. They were easy to work with and I felt that because so many people wouldn't be at our wedding I wanted photos that made them feel like they were there.

        Are you planning on using the hotel photography shop? They had some nice photos they took around the pool, however I didn't see ay of their wedding work.

        Happy planning,
        Amber

        #464 ~Katie~

        ~Katie~
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,225 posts

          Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:56 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by PinkBride
          Katie, I'm definitely feeling your stress! But I've actually started to calm down again...reading all these wonderful reviews has really calmed me! As long as you have your hubby and gown...everything will be perfect! :) Its all going to work out! I cant believe how similar our wedding scheme is! We are so alike!! My colour is also pink...ive also got a hot pink bouquet, bridesmaids are both in pink, each a different shade, and I ALSO have pink shoes to wear under my gown!! :) :) :) :) Im sooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!! And Im so thankful for finding this forum when I did! It has helped so much!

          Goodluck Katie!!!!!!!! And to all the other brides !!!!!!!! Enjoy every second of planning and waiting....because before we know it...it will all be done!!!!!!!!!!
          hey Krystal :)

          ah I'm loving that our weddings are so similar! we'll have to compare pics after!!

          ok, so here's some of my pics of my dress and hair (as Whit asked! lol)

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          SORRY for that being mega long!!! and I'm praying the pictures don't come out huge when I post this!

          #465 ~Katie~

          ~Katie~
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,225 posts

            Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:10 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by whit-Bride
            Thanks Ladies! I'm pretty excited about the "Margarita" theme! They are going to have stones in the bottom (blue, white & clear) with a white orcid ontop of the stones (under water) and floating candles on top. I fell in love with them... now I just need to make everyone in my bridal party take one vase in their carry on. lol

            I love your pink themes! I love pinks and purples... but there was no way my fiances or groomsmen would wear pink. They may have killed me if I made them do that! lol

            My Bridesmaids are wearing bright blue chiffon dresses (full length)... they are beautiful dresses (Wish I had one for myself lol)! My flowers are all going to be white (White roses & white calla lillies). My Fiance will be wearing beige linen pants with a white beachy dress shirt. Groomsmen are wearing the same but their shirt if bright blue (matches the bridesmaids perfectly).

            Now that you told me your colours and what your bridal party is wearing.... what are YOU wearing Katie? :)

            And good luck with your shopping this weekend! Hope you find everything you need!

            Whit :)
            wow, your centrepieces sound gorgeous! have you got any pics to share?

            haha my FI actually quite likes pink shirts etc anyway so I didn't have to fight on that one! plus he's in a grey suit so the grey and pink go really well with each other.

            and oh yes, I wish I got to wear my BM's dress too!! it's gorgeous! damn it....

            and I've put photos on my post to Krystal, but it was in response to you (I got confused!!) let me know what you think!

            #466 whit-Bride

            whit-Bride
            • Newbie
            • 57 posts

              Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ~Katie~
              wow, your centrepieces sound gorgeous! have you got any pics to share?

              haha my FI actually quite likes pink shirts etc anyway so I didn't have to fight on that one! plus he's in a grey suit so the grey and pink go really well with each other.

              and oh yes, I wish I got to wear my BM's dress too!! it's gorgeous! damn it....

              and I've put photos on my post to Krystal, but it was in response to you (I got confused!!) let me know what you think!
              Hey Katie,

              You look gorgeous! I love the detail on your dress! Hair and accessories look great too! Did you have your regular hair dresser do your hair so you can bring the photos to Mexico? I'm starting to think thats a great idea! :) Better than just printing pictures off the internet!

              You seemed a little stressed last week because of everything you forgot to do... hope you got alot done on the weekend! :)

              What day does your flight leave?

              I don't have pictures of my centre pieces... I will have to get on that! I will definitely show you them when I do!

              Whit :)

              #467 ~Katie~

              ~Katie~
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,225 posts

                Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:43 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by whit-Bride
                Hey Katie,

                You look gorgeous! I love the detail on your dress! Hair and accessories look great too! Did you have your regular hair dresser do your hair so you can bring the photos to Mexico? I'm starting to think thats a great idea! :) Better than just printing pictures off the internet!

                You seemed a little stressed last week because of everything you forgot to do... hope you got alot done on the weekend! :)

                What day does your flight leave?

                I don't have pictures of my centre pieces... I will have to get on that! I will definitely show you them when I do!

                Whit :)
                hey Whit...ah thank you chick :) I'm so pleased with it all, and I can't wait to have it all come together on the day.

                Yeah I went to my normal hairdresser here in the UK as she knows my hair so well and what does and doesn't suit me and I basically gave her a few ideas I'd had/seen and she went from there! we took photos throughout the process in case they need to see how we got to the end result...now I just need to be organised and actually print them out! All the reviews I've read on OCT is that they don't speak great English (and I don't speak any spanish!!) but that they are great at recreating from photos. I would definitely recommend doing it - I feel so much better and felt like a proper princess having mine done.

                oh yes, I was mega stressed last week! (didn't hide it that well then! lol) it all felt really close and there was still quite a few things to do, but we got most of them done this weekend so I feel much much better thank you :) all (haha 'all'!!) I've got left to do is sort out my clothes, wash them all and pack them! easy! hahaha (I am secretly really worrying about this but I did start last night so it's getting there) :)

                we fly out on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!! (2nd May)....I can't believe it's THIS WEEK!!! and we get married NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!! arrrgggghhhhh

                #468 ~Katie~

                ~Katie~
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,225 posts

                  Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:39 AM

                  hey girls,

                  does anyone know how much a cab cost from the hotel into Cancun?

                  we're just trying to do some pricing up!!

                  thank you so much!

                  #469 PinkBride

                  PinkBride
                  • Newbie
                  • 18 posts

                    Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:51 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ~Katie~
                    hey Krystal :)

                    ah I'm loving that our weddings are so similar! we'll have to compare pics after!!

                    ok, so here's some of my pics of my dress and hair (as Whit asked! lol)


                    SORRY for that being mega long!!! and I'm praying the pictures don't come out huge when I post this!

                    Katie, I LOVE your dress! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! The back is amazing!!!

                    I just had a nightmare with mine! I had picked it up 4 weeks ago after my final fitting/alterations, only to try it on yesterday and realize I've lost more inches from my chest!! you could see right down my dress!!!!!!!!!!!!! Literally! and it was a fluke I had even tried it on again!!!!! Thank goodness I did...I called my seamstress immediately and I went back in last night to try it on for her and she'll have it done by the weekend she said{hopefully}! And on top of that our car just died.....right when I have a million things to do!! lol But I just keep telling myself I'll be in Mexico in a week and a half :) Trying to stay calm...but definitely excited!!!

                    And SO excited for you!!!!! I can't believe you leave on sunday! And I can't believe I leave a week from friday!!! On your wedding day! <3 :) so excited!

                    One question...have you heard from Ana lately? I've been waiting for a response for about 4 weeks! I even sent another email! Starting to worry a bit because we are trying to change the time of our wedding and need to know if its possible! I know she's busy...just wondering if you've had any luck hearing from her?
                    -Krystal

                    #470 ~Katie~

                    ~Katie~
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,225 posts

                      Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:44 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by PinkBride
                      Katie, I LOVE your dress! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! The back is amazing!!!

                      I just had a nightmare with mine! I had picked it up 4 weeks ago after my final fitting/alterations, only to try it on yesterday and realize I've lost more inches from my chest!! you could see right down my dress!!!!!!!!!!!!! Literally! and it was a fluke I had even tried it on again!!!!! Thank goodness I did...I called my seamstress immediately and I went back in last night to try it on for her and she'll have it done by the weekend she said{hopefully}! And on top of that our car just died.....right when I have a million things to do!! lol But I just keep telling myself I'll be in Mexico in a week and a half :) Trying to stay calm...but definitely excited!!!

                      And SO excited for you!!!!! I can't believe you leave on sunday! And I can't believe I leave a week from friday!!! On your wedding day! <3 :) so excited!

                      One question...have you heard from Ana lately? I've been waiting for a response for about 4 weeks! I even sent another email! Starting to worry a bit because we are trying to change the time of our wedding and need to know if its possible! I know she's busy...just wondering if you've had any luck hearing from her?
                      -Krystal
                      ah thanks Krystal :) I wasn't really 100% happy with it until my final final fitting and then I just thought it was perfect :)

                      well, look on the positive side - at least you tried it on, and your seamstress can fix it for you, so on the day, your guests will be none-the-wiser! good luck with it, but I have no doubts it will all work out for you perfectly too.

                      and the car is a bummer, but you will be fine :) can someone lend you there car to do your running around in, even if it's just for a couple of days?

                      what time do you land in Cancun? our ceremony is at 4pm....if you're there in time, or any time after that, feel free to pop along and say hi! would be great to meet you

                      OMG - FI has been going insane about us not having heard from Ana for so long! I too sent an email about 3 weeks ago and didn't have a response so last week I sent it again (thinking maybe it hadn't got through to her) but I've had no response. and I have read receipts on my emails and she's not read either of them. FI is mega stressing me out with this. he's even suggested calling the hotel to find out what's happened, but it would probably cost us the price of our wedding to do that from over here!!

                      what's your next plan of action? I really need to hear from her before we go or FI might self-destruct, or I might end up killing him! whichever comes first lol

                      but I definitely think it's gone past the stage of being polite and waiting for an answer. I mean, she could have left, or be off sick and no-ones picked up her work - I'm not blaming her until I know why we haven't heard back as she could be sick or something. but I just need to know from someone at the hotel that she's still there and everything is ok for our wedding!! HELP!!!

                      xx




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users