Jump to content

Photo

Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?


  • Please log in to reply
2416 replies to this topic

#401 ~Katie~

~Katie~
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,225 posts

    Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:02 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Angelfire
    Ok Ladies...my big day is at the end of this month!!!
    I am getting so excited but at the same time a little worried. All of your feedback has been helpful & wonderful but I've just read some absolutely horrible reviews about the hotel.
    I'd like to know who went with the priviledge package and did it make any differences?

    Hopefully this is just some last minute panics... I just want all my guests to be happy (and free of food posioning & bed bug bites :)

    I am feeling really positive & looking forward to our special day, I guess reading some of the negative has got me nervous.
    Maybe I'll just go reread all the great reviews on here :)
    Thanks ladies!
    ah Angel, don't be worried at all....everyone who's posted on here has had rave reviews about the place and not a bad thing to say. some people are just moaners by nature and will find anything to complain about. I'd not worry about it at all - just remember if something DOES go wrong, you can just kick ass while you're there and get it sorted - problem solved.

    don't worry about the things you can't control, and just take comfort from the fact those things can usually be rectified.

    Enjoy your build up to your wedding, and DO NOT let this spoil it for you. I know it's horrible when you read bad things but honestly, these are the reviews in here that you need to worry about and that you can take as gospel, but they've all been great :)

    I've only got 7 weeks 3 days until we fly out!!!!! EEK!! lol still so much to do!

    #402 PinkBride

    PinkBride
    • Newbie
    • 18 posts

      Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:52 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ~Katie~
      ah Angel, don't be worried at all....everyone who's posted on here has had rave reviews about the place and not a bad thing to say. some people are just moaners by nature and will find anything to complain about. I'd not worry about it at all - just remember if something DOES go wrong, you can just kick ass while you're there and get it sorted - problem solved.

      don't worry about the things you can't control, and just take comfort from the fact those things can usually be rectified.

      Enjoy your build up to your wedding, and DO NOT let this spoil it for you. I know it's horrible when you read bad things but honestly, these are the reviews in here that you need to worry about and that you can take as gospel, but they've all been great :)

      I've only got 7 weeks 3 days until we fly out!!!!! EEK!! lol still so much to do!

      Katie, I'm so excited for you!! And it makes me even more excited since I'm getting married shortly after you! We leave in 9 weeks and 1 day!!!!

      And Angel, I totally agree with Katie! The only reviews you need to worry about are the ones on here! And I'm yet to hear anything bad from these Brides! I have to admit I've been looking at Tripadvisor.com reviews, But the majority of the reviews say "LOVED IT, BEAUTIFUL, WANT TO GO BACK AGAIN" and my favourite, "I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW OTHER PEOPLE COMPLAINED!" You can't please everyone, and some people just can't be pleased! Don't let other peoples negative opinions affect your excitement for the most amazing day/week of your life! There's enough to worrry about when planning a wedding, don't let this be one of them! It will be amazing!!!!!!! Im so excited for you! Can't wait to hear your reviews!!
      Krystal

      #403 ~Katie~

      ~Katie~
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,225 posts

        Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:55 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by PinkBride
        Katie, I'm so excited for you!! And it makes me even more excited since I'm getting married shortly after you! We leave in 9 weeks and 1 day!!!!

        And Angel, I totally agree with Katie! The only reviews you need to worry about are the ones on here! And I'm yet to hear anything bad from these Brides! I have to admit I've been looking at Tripadvisor.com reviews, But the majority of the reviews say "LOVED IT, BEAUTIFUL, WANT TO GO BACK AGAIN" and my favourite, "I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW OTHER PEOPLE COMPLAINED!" You can't please everyone, and some people just can't be pleased! Don't let other peoples negative opinions affect your excitement for the most amazing day/week of your life! There's enough to worrry about when planning a wedding, don't let this be one of them! It will be amazing!!!!!!! Im so excited for you! Can't wait to hear your reviews!!
        Krystal
        Oops, I meant 8 weeks and 3 days til we fly out! today it is exactly 9 weeks until our wedding day!

        welcome back to the thread Krystal!!

        #404 Angelfire

        Angelfire
        • Newbie
        • 45 posts

          Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:37 PM

          Thanks Fellow Brides!!!
          Those were exactly the messages I need to hear
          We've got 25 days till our wedding (21 till we fly out), if we take the laptop I will try and update you ASAP. Otherwise my review will come mid April.

          My next big task is to pack all the wedding stuff, that could be interesting! Can either of you use some fuschia parasols in your decoration? (I'm lining the ailse with them, at the end of each row). They are boxed up nicely for now, but I'm not sure they will make the trip back. All the other stuff I'm bringing will be gifted to people at the wedding (the centerpieces, etc)

          Thanks again for the great messages! You've made my day!
          Big hug from Winnipeg,
          Amber

          #405 ~Katie~

          ~Katie~
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,225 posts

            Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:17 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Angelfire
            Thanks Fellow Brides!!!
            Those were exactly the messages I need to hear
            We've got 25 days till our wedding (21 till we fly out), if we take the laptop I will try and update you ASAP. Otherwise my review will come mid April.

            My next big task is to pack all the wedding stuff, that could be interesting! Can either of you use some fuschia parasols in your decoration? (I'm lining the ailse with them, at the end of each row). They are boxed up nicely for now, but I'm not sure they will make the trip back. All the other stuff I'm bringing will be gifted to people at the wedding (the centerpieces, etc)

            Thanks again for the great messages! You've made my day!
            Big hug from Winnipeg,
            Amber
            glad we could help :)

            I'd love to use your parasols!!!!!!!! Our theme is fushia pink and grey, and we have NO decorations or table centre pieces (money's run out!!) would you really not mind leaving them for us that would be sooooo great! unbelievable (if that's ok?)

            oooo how exciting!! now you've made my week!!! thank you for your really kind offer :)

            #406 ~Katie~

            ~Katie~
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,225 posts

              Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:19 PM

              Krystal, if you want to use them too, I won't be bringing them home either so I could leave them with Ana for you?

              #407 Angelfire

              Angelfire
              • Newbie
              • 45 posts

                Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:20 PM

                That's awesome Katie!
                Maybe pm me your last name (and maybe email?)
                I will leave them in a box with Ana for you. I may have a few other things too. We are going with tropical colors (fuschia, lime green, orange n teal blue), but I may have a few extras that will work for you. For example I am setting up centerpieces on silver charger plates that I also won't need to bring home. We are a small wedding party of only 16 so I don't need a lot of stuff. I'm pretty thrifty, so everything I bought was at a majorly discounted price.
                Glad that will work out...didn't think the maids would want parasols ! lol

                #408 prettypigpig

                prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

                  Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:46 AM

                  I 've read some of the tripadvisor reviews lately, and decided to opt out of this hotel ( I know I need more to be happy). I think i know what caused the mixed reviews. I ve been to many resorts, AI, not AI, so I can compared and contrast. My feeling is, for those who never been to AI, the experience will be awesome ( I went with my best friend to an AI, she had a blast as a newbie, I was just like ok), for 2-4 stars people, the hote is great too, as long as they don't miss smth at the dinner, nor overcook food. but for those who went to AI like 2-3 times, the resort is ok, but not great. If there are any miss, then definately not great!

                  Bonnie

                  Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


                  #409 PinkBride

                  PinkBride
                  • Newbie
                  • 18 posts

                    Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:18 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ~Katie~
                    Krystal, if you want to use them too, I won't be bringing them home either so I could leave them with Ana for you?

                    Wow! That would be great! Im doing pink as my main colour, so that would be WONDERFUL!!!!! Thanks SO much Amber AND Katie!

                    Every little thing I can get is much appreciated...as you said Katie, budgets tight! especially because, like you, we're having a full reception back home afterwards (with 200+ guests)! Thanks again ladies! Can not wait!

                    Krystal

                    #410 prettypigpig

                    prettypigpig
                    • Banned
                    • 1,034 posts

                      Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:26 PM

                      Ok I will cross this resort from my list. I just got an email from Ana, no beach reception from May to November because of the turtle season ( this is a deal breaker for me), and $400 of outside vendor fee, if someone wants to bring in an external photographer. The menu looks fine, and other locations look very nice too. There is $3 fee to play any watersport at the resort (another deal breaker for me), However, Ana is the most responsive WC among all the WC from all mexico resorts!

                      Bonnie

                      Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users