Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

• Please log in to reply
2416 replies to this topic

#2401 Jodiedawson1

Jodiedawson1
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:44 AM

Hi there everyone,
    I'm really new to this page and haven't got put of a clue what I'm doing so can anyone help me out?
    I've got a symbolic wedding booked in OCT as there was a £1500 price difference for an actual wedding as I believe the legal cost there are so expensive so we're going to do the legal side here in the uk first, has anyone ever done this before who can give me some advice on the ceromony, ect, do we still do the rings part? and do they still say you may kiss the bride? As we are not telling any of our guests it's only a blessing we want them to think we're getting married.
    Thank in advance Jodie x
    @Tammi1025
    Hi also can I have any info anyone has on the weather in October??
    Thanks you x

#2402 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,506 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:01 AM

Hi there everyone,
    I'm really new to this page and haven't got put of a clue what I'm doing so can anyone help me out?
    I've got a symbolic wedding booked in OCT as there was a £1500 price difference for an actual wedding as I believe the legal cost there are so expensive so we're going to do the legal side here in the uk first, has anyone ever done this before who can give me some advice on the ceromony, ect, do we still do the rings part? and do they still say you may kiss the bride? As we are not telling any of our guests it's only a blessing we want them to think we're getting married.
    Thank in advance Jodie x
    @Tammi1025
    Thanks you x

Congrats!
    I married at another resort but I've been around the boards awhile lol. The symbolic weddings in Mexico mimic a real wedding but they just aren't legal. The only part is that you generally don't have witnesses sign and you don't so the thumbprint. The only people who may realize it's not legal are the ones who've been to a legal Mexican wedding. At my wedding I wanted to ensure it looked as legal as possible so I asked my wedding coordinator to adjust the symbolic paperwork to have a room for witnesses to sign and they had no issues with this. Otherwise the ceremony is like a legal one with rings, kissing, and vows if you wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#2403 Jodiedawson1

Jodiedawson1
    • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:45 PM

Thank you so much for advice, I feel really reassured now as was worrying they would say you may now kiss the bride lol x
      Can I ask what month you married in please? X
      @Tammi1025
      Hi I saw in you message you had mentioned you've been to the resort before in October please could you give me some alive on how the weather is please as that's the month I have booked my wedding for.
      Thanks x

#2404 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
      • 4,506 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
      • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:13 PM

Thank you so much for advice, I feel really reassured now as was worrying they would say you may now kiss the bride lol x
      Can I ask what month you married in please? X
      @Tammi1025
      Hi I saw in you message you had mentioned you've been to the resort before in October please could you give me some alive on how the weather is please as that's the month I have booked my wedding for.
      Thanks x

I got married in January 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#2405 Jodiedawson1

Jodiedawson1
      • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:22 AM

Hi everyone can anyone help me out??
        I'm wondering how much more it is to pay for a terrace reception if you haven't got this in your package?
        Has anyone done this before?
        Also can anyone send me pictures of Terreces and price list for extras ie. Flowers, dj?
        My email is Jodie-dawson@hotmail.co.uk.
        Thank you OCT brides xxx

#2406 Tammi1025

Tammi1025
        • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:34 AM

Hi there everyone,
          Thank in advance Jodie x
          @Tammi1025
          Thanks you x

Hi, I went there only for 4 days October 25-29 and the weather was amazing! They say its hurricane season but we were lucky enough to not even experience rain, except our last day but the rain lasted about 20 minutes.

Edited by Tammi1025, 23 June 2015 - 06:35 AM.

#2407 meganlocke7

meganlocke7
          • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:35 PM

Hi OCT brides, does anyone know if there are fresh flowers available at a nearby market in playa or something? I would love to just pick a bunch up for my bridesmaids bouquets
            Thanks!

#2408 Kwong2016

Kwong2016
            • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

Hi I just booked with OCT for June 1 next year! Has anyone been there early June that would know if its crazy hot? Too hot for the reception at the outdoor terrace?

Is it worth upgrading to a Privilege status?

Thanks!

#2409 Sarah2323

Sarah2323
              • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:08 AM

Hello Ladies,

I am looking at getting married at Oceans in Nov 2016 but I am unsure if I want an outdoor reception. I really love the gazebo style reception.. does this resort offer this? 

Thank you 

Sarah 

#2410 gonzaloNunez

gonzaloNunez
                • Insiders
                • 227 posts
                  • LocationMexico

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:28 AM

I'm launching a photography contest with 3 awesome Prizes. If you are planning on getting married or engaged in the Riviera Maya (Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum) this may be the perfect opportunity for you. Before you enter please read the contest Terms and Conditions. Good luck! http://www.gonzalonunez.com/contest/

***Special sorprise for Ocean Coral and Turquesa Brides ;)

thank you!

Gonzalo

Posted Image

Gonzalo Nunez - WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER - www.gonzalonunez.com - Facebook Fanpage
                  Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico, rest of the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users