Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?
Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:26 PM
My TA told me to hold off until June to see what happens with Mexico, i guess to see if we should move our wedding to another location. I know this girl who moved her (it was a May wedding for this year) to Costa Rica. Now I'm wondering should I just do that now. Poor Mexico is getting such a bad reputation.
Not sure what to do but i'm more nervous because I was hoping to send my saved the dates but I was giong to put "destination wedding, hotel name or at least cancun Mexico" but now i can't send saved the dates I dont even know if i have a location.. headache
Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:49 AM
Map..congrats!! I am glad things went well for you! You did get out just in time it seems..the swine flu thing is crazy! I hope it gets under control soon. I guess everyone should hold off on booking to see what happens. I think even if they say things are OK..people will still be nervous to book a trip there for a while..keep that in mind for your guests. Just my opinion..
Someone asked a few posts ago how much the day pass is...it's 70.00 for outside guests.
Alrighty, that's all I have for now.. Shelley
Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:43 AM
Thanks so much for the pics, they are great! What time did you get married? Also, how much extra per person was it to have the dinner at Villa Marina? Ana sent a list of some of the prices to my TA, but did you find that she negotiated with you some on their prices?
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:29 PM
I can't remember what the listed price is for dinner at the Villa Marina...we negotiated I didn't get it as low as another bride on here, but we had a smaller group then them too. It's worth it to ask what her best price is!
Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:23 PM
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:31 PM
Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:12 PM
Anyway, obviously that's not the case...so we inquired about it a bit more, and for the life of me I can't find the email that we got with the price...I think she told us about $200 US, and we couldn't get the price down.
But Shelley I believe paid $70 US for a day pass (she mentioned it in one of the previous msgs).
I would email Ana and ask.
Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:46 PM
Ana gave me a quote of $400 at first for an external photographer but she eventually came down to $200, I just said one of the brides was quoted $200 (but I made sure not to mention any names!). The day pass of $70 is on top of the external vendor fee! So we decided to fly our own photographer instead, that way we have more flexibility with our shoot times and locations. Hope this helps!
Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:31 AM
I had an external photogragher and her assistant come in. At first I was told that it would be 200.00 plus 70.00 each for the day pass. Total 340.00. ouch!! I told her we couldn't afford that so she reduced it to 120.00 for the external fee and 60.00 each for the day passes. New Total of 260.00. I was happy with that. Just tell her what you are willing to pay and I find that she does work with what you can afford on ALL things. Also make sure you keep your e-mails with pricing details with you when you go to the resort in case of any mistakes. I had a minor price mistake and showed her the e-mail and she changed it right away.
Take care, Shelley
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users