Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

• Please log in to reply
2416 replies to this topic

#2071 ReeBik

ReeBik
  • Site Supporter
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

Does anyone have information on the different flower and/or decoration upgrades?  What's the name of the photographer they use?

#2072 FMrsBlake88

FMrsBlake88
    • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

Ree, we just did this! June 21st, 2014! We just ran a pencil over the card and wrote down all the info on authorization form.

#2073 MrsSheppardToBe

MrsSheppardToBe
      • 128 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 5, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Ocean Coral & Turquesa
      • LocationRiviera Maya

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

Hi ReeBik, When I booked my wedding, I needed to make a photocopy of the front and back of my credit card for OCT to charge a $200 deposit to secure my wedding date. That's probably what they are asking of you. Once that's done, they'll send you pics of the venue locations and flower choices. I've heard that there are more options when you actually get there so I'm not worrying too much about that right now. My wedding is June 5. Their photographer is Photopro. I booked them for my wedding as there is no room in my budget for an outside photographer. I'm paying $1100 for a photo/video package which is very reasonable. Sure there are lots of bad things said about them on this forum, but the reviews from brides who have actually used them are definitely reassuring. Congrats and happy planning!

#2074 ReeBik

ReeBik
      • Site Supporter
      • 23 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MrsSheppardToBe 

Hi ReeBik,

When I booked my wedding, I needed to make a photocopy of the front and back of my credit card for OCT to charge a $200 deposit to secure my wedding date. That's probably what they are asking of you.

Once that's done, they'll send you pics of the venue locations and flower choices. I've heard that there are more options when you actually get there so I'm not worrying too much about that right now. My wedding is June 5.

Their photographer is Photopro. I booked them for my wedding as there is no room in my budget for an outside photographer. I'm paying $1100 for a photo/video package which is very reasonable. Sure there are lots of bad things said about them on this forum, but the reviews from brides who have actually used them are definitely reassuring.

Congrats and happy planning!

Thank you!!!  You're June 5, 2014?

I finally got my confirmation from Claudia, and we are a go!  I just sent Claudia a list of upgrades I want added on the Paradise package along with some pictures.  Before we announce our wedding date and location to our family, my fiance wants to see numbers... go figure!  I'm hoping she can get something back to me soon.

Do any of the former brides or brides who are close to their date have the paperwork you were asked to complete in advance of your wedding?  I'd just like to take a look at it and see how they work our requests.  Thx!

#2075 FMrsBlake88

FMrsBlake88
        • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

Hi ladies, just got our confirmation for our June 21st 2014! This thread has been very helpful so far, and Im sure ill be back...happy planning:)

#2076 MrsSheppardToBe

MrsSheppardToBe
          • 128 posts
          • LocationRiviera Maya

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

Hey all,

Just wondering if any past/present brides have been able to get a resort map from their OCT coordinator?

I just started thinking about how large the resort is, and how my guests may not be able to find their way to the rooftop terrace in time for my ceremony.

I was thinking of including a resort map in my welcome bags.  What have other brides done?

I'd hate to show up at my ceremony with no guests there because they're lost.... LOL :P

#2077 ReeBik

ReeBik
          • Site Supporter
          • 23 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MrsSheppardToBe 

Hey all,

Just wondering if any past/present brides have been able to get a resort map from their OCT coordinator?

I just started thinking about how large the resort is, and how my guests may not be able to find their way to the rooftop terrace in time for my ceremony.

I was thinking of including a resort map in my welcome bags.  What have other brides done?

I'd hate to show up at my ceremony with no guests there because they're lost.... LOL :P

#2078 emily a

emily a
            • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ReeBik 

I had asked about this since I also picked the rooftop as my ceremony location. Generally the planner will have everyone meet in the lobby, say by the bar, and walk the group over to the ceremony location. Hope this helps!

#2079 MrsSheppardToBe

MrsSheppardToBe
              • 128 posts
              • LocationRiviera Maya

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

That's a huge help!  Thanks so much, emily a!

#2080 emilyanya

emilyanya
              • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

Hi Ladies...after reading 204 pages of this forum I decided to book my wedding at OCT Aug 30, 2014!! Super excited and loved reading about everyone's experience. So far I have had great communication with Claudia at OCT ...she really has been great. 

If anyone has any pictures of the setup on the terrace for the reception and wouldn't mind emailing me some to emily_anya@hotmail.com so I can get some ideas. 

Thanks and happy wedding planning :-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users