Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

@beachbride5555 I am pretty certain in planning a destination wedding every bride has to feel some sort of disorder...especially because communication with your planner is not always at the snap of your fingers! (at least that is what I am experiencing at the moment" 

We do not have any outside wedding services set up as we are bring our photographer(s) with us and also have set up an account on "wedding snap" in which we have placed instructions for all of our guest to download their pictures so we have A LOT of candids to choose from. 

My fiance is a music junky so he has already arranged the play list for the entire night and our "DJ" (one of his best friends) is coming along for the trip

We are not using additional decorations - just flowers like you! 

I am being very brave and I having my hair and makeup done there, only because in the event I do not like it...I have prepared myself to do it!  Unfortunately one of my friends who was originally planning on doing it had to back out last minute! yikes! 

I am still trying to set up the welcome dinner with Angelica and we have not nailed down a time to meet when we arrive...it is so close...I am starting to get a lil anxious!! 

To all the other brides out there - how much of your planning was finally tied together once you arrived? 

I feel like there is still so much to communicate with Ana and Angleica! 

Does a lot of that get covered once you arrive?! 

Good luck to all the brides getting married these next few weeks! 

Of course let us know how it goes!!

Hi Ladies!! I am new... we got engaged about a month ago and just got our confirmation of our deposit for our wedding at OCT!! we are getting married 3/9/13 at 4 pm. Since it is only 4 months away I am going to be looking for a lot of advice!! I am on page 130 of the posts and will get through the rest....everyone is so helpful! I am thinking the first thing I need to do is book the photographer....any recommendations? Anyone else plan a wedding in only a few months and have advice for me? looking forward to chatting with all of you :D

HAPPY WEDDING DAY TO jdavidso!!!!!!!!

@Jjj127 I am getting married on Nov 14th and have just finalized some things today! Crazy! 

To any future OCT brides I highly recommend getting Ana if you have any control over it. We started with Ana and although communication was slow we always got our answers. Then we were given Angelica and planning became a nightmare. She never fully answered questions and then would ask us about things that were already decided. It seemed she just didn't bother reading some of our emails. Very frustrating. We got Ana back and it has been a true blessing.   We leave on Sunday and I cannot wait!!! Super excited!

Hi everyone!  Sorry if this posts twice, I am not sure what happened to my first post.  Anyway, I am new here and really appreciate all of the helpful pages of info I have been reading over the last few days!  We got engaged about a month ago and just got our confirmation that we are locked in for OCT for March 9, 2013 at 4 pm, yay!  So I have only 4 months to plan so I am probably behind....anyone else plan a in such a short period of time and have any advice? 

I am working with Modern Destination Weddings so she has mainly been in contact with the wedding team - Paula is the coordinator I was assigned at OCT.  Anything I should be doing now?? From what I read, sounds like I need to lock in a photographer asap but not sure what else.

Looking forward to chatting with you :)

@kimandsky

We began planning our wedding at the beginning of October and we are getting married Dec 6.  You will be fine.  The biggest thing is getting the photographer and/or videographer in order, but we are bringing our own with us.  We had to put together some order to our ceremony and reception and we have asked a personal friend to be the MC at our wedding. We are not having a DJ.  We have had little contact with the wedding coordinator on the resort and we did not hire an outside wedding service to help us.  We were sent a bunch of forms to fill out and return to the coordinator and the rest will get done when we meet with the coordinator at the resort upon arrival.  We have 75 people coming and we are not worried.  Try not to stress as I have never heard of a wedding being screwed up at this resort,   and it will be great, simply bc it is in Mexico!

Good Luck!

@kimandsky We began planning our wedding at the beginning of October and we are getting married Dec 6.  You will be fine.  The biggest thing is getting the photographer and/or videographer in order, but we are bringing our own with us.  We had to put together some order to our ceremony and reception and we have asked a personal friend to be the MC at our wedding. We are not having a DJ.  We have had little contact with the wedding coordinator on the resort and we did not hire an outside wedding service to help us.  We were sent a bunch of forms to fill out and return to the coordinator and the rest will get done when we meet with the coordinator at the resort upon arrival.  We have 75 people coming and we are not worried.  Try not to stress as I have never heard of a wedding being screwed up at this resort,   and it will be great, simply bc it is in Mexico! Good Luck!
Thank you it is great to know you are doing all the planning in a few months that makes me feel better!!

@Josie Thank You! 

I will let me Travel Agent know tomorrow and get her to get on it because I have not heard from either Angelica or Ana and I even emailed Ana personally to let her know that I was having a hard time getting a hold of Angelica.  We are just 3 weeks out and I am getting a lil nervous!