Photo

Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

• Please log in to reply
2416 replies to this topic

#1091 TropicLover

TropicLover
  • 293 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

You could probably fit 9 people, but it could be really tight especially when people are eating.  Can the hotel get you 10 person tables?  You could probably have 9 people seated at it comfortably.

I hope you're right about the rectangular table...I'd love to be able to do 8 across.  Hopefully Ana gets back to me soon.

Originally Posted by Sandy Borie 

Thanks Tropic Lover!  I thought 8 but wasn't sure.  Do you think if we really wanted to squeeze 9 at a table that would be pushing it?  Running into some table seating issues and currently I have two tables with 9 people at them. So frustrating.  I don't know about the dimensions for the long table but from looking at past pictures I think they seat 8 on each side so that would be 16 for for the whole table.  

Such a fun idea!  Your guests are going to love them!  Btw that's a really good idea to source your items out of Mexico!  Are you getting anything else made down there? Oh and are you also doing OOT bags?

Originally Posted by Sandy Borie 

I am ordering maracas from Mishka Designs (I heart her!) and they will have a tag with my guests name and table name. They serve as our table seating cards as well as fun favors/souvenirs for our guests.  They will also have a little note underneath the table card that says "Don't even think of tapping a glass, let's do this with some Mexican class.  Stand up and shake with all of your might, to see the groom kiss his bride tonight!"  I saw this early on in my wedding planning and fell in love with the idea.  Attached is a pic of the design we chose but it will be yellow maracas with pink and white design Danielle.jpg

They will be laid out in sand filled trays.  Mishka is based out of Puerto Vallarta and is sending the maracas to the resort attn to Ana so I don't have to bring these with me on plane.  

JBDandJ-  I would not do assigned seating chart if I were using the long tables but if you are using the round tables, I recommend it only because I feel like your guests will expect to look for a seating plan and then you don't want them scrambling to find seats and arranging it by themselves. I feel like it creates less confusion by telling them. For a party of 35, you can go either way.  Hope that helps. You must be soooo excited with everything being soooo close! 

Sandy 

#1092 TropicLover

TropicLover
    • 293 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

Hey!  I have around the same amount of guests and I'm going to have their seating assigned at each table.  I've been toying with the idea of a big seating chart and I think I may do a slightly modified one.  It's probably easier on the guest if they don't have to walk in circles around the room looking for their name card.  Instead of a big poster I was thinking of finding some elegant picture frames (5" x 7x") and each one would list the guests name for that table.  I would have them sit on the Guest Book table so as people arrive to the Reception they will see it right away.

Originally Posted by JBandDJ 

Speaking of seating plans.....how are you telling your guests where their seat is?  I do have name cards for their actual spot but I was wondering if I need to do a poster of some sort(35 guests)???

#1093 leahbecker

leahbecker
      • 66 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

Those maracas are awesome, Sandy! What a fabulous idea!! (And so great that they can be sent right to the resort!) 

Can I ask how much Mishka designs is charging for the maracas?

#1094 Sandy Borie

Sandy Borie
        • 98 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

@TropicLover-  Right now, the maracas are the only thing I am having done in Mexico. I plan on only bringing my fans (oriental trading), and my menu cards.  I am going back and forth with the OOT bags.  They seem like such a hassle and after pricing things out, it can get very expensive (we have 50 guests coming). I was thinking of doing something like a small gift and hand written letter thanking them for coming out. I don't know.

#1095 TropicLover

TropicLover
          • 293 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

Nice!  I'm bringing some fans down too!  I don't want anyone melting during the ceremony

@TropicLover-  Right now, the maracas are the only thing I am having done in Mexico. I plan on only bringing my fans (oriental trading), and my menu cards.  I am going back and forth with the OOT bags.  They seem like such a hassle and after pricing things out, it can get very expensive (we have 50 guests coming). I was thinking of doing something like a small gift and hand written letter thanking them for coming out. I don't know.

#1096 Sandy Borie

Sandy Borie
            • 98 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

@LeahBecker: thanks!  Here is a link to Mishka's designs and her prices: http://mishkadesigns...ca-designs.html

@Tropic Lover: Yeah, I agree about the OOT bags! LOL. Sewing kits?  I think something small and a handwritten letter will suffice. 

#1097 AnaS

AnaS
              • Site Supporter
              • 57 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

I did not like the house wine at all... considered it undrinkable... Sorry!

I am planning on buying wine from Walmart and paying the corkage fee (I think it is $5 per bottle)

#1098 TropicLover

TropicLover
                • 293 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

Oh good point on the corking!  $5 per bottle is not that much either.  Thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted by AnaS 

I did not like the house wine at all... considered it undrinkable... Sorry!

I am planning on buying wine from Walmart and paying the corkage fee (I think it is $5 per bottle)

#1099 leahbecker

leahbecker
                  • 66 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

How is everyone wearing their hair on the big day? I've heard it can be quite windy, so I was thinking a loose updo to keep hair out of my face.
                    Does anyone have pictures or links to show how the hair salon on at the resort is? Have you heard any comments about that?

#1100 Sandy Borie

Sandy Borie
                    • 98 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

@LeahBecker- I plan on wearing my hair down in soft curls but with the wind, I am a bit worried.  I haven't heard anything about the resort salon.  Sorry. 

Are any of you guys going with a videographer???  My fiancĀ© and I feel like we might of overlooked not booking one. Everyone keeps telling us what a big mistake it is not to get it on video.  My photographer recommended Mike Canterell. If anyone is going with a videographer, please let me know who you're going with and if you know anything about Mike Canterell. Thanks! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users