I have been to the resort twice and I like it very much.
A few things that made me decide on this resort:
- It is a big enough resort (~500 rooms I think), but not too big to require taking a train to go from one place to another like some of the big resorts there ( I visited some of those huge resorts and did not like the idea that my guests may not see each other while staying there)
- The wedding and reception locations are multiple and all of them nice ( from the lobby terrace, beach location, outoor restaurant location, etc)
- It is a nice place, think about something clean and neat, but not extremely luxurious at very good prices ( for guests and wedding). I compared both guests prices and wedding prices with a few other resorts and seems more affordable. There are places where the wedidng could be very cheap but it would become very expensive for guests
- We felt the service was very good while we stayed there and belive our guests will feel good too
- It has a 5 different restaurants for guests; so no worry that they will be sick of eating the same thing for a week (when I have heard a lot about all inclusive places)
- It is kid friendly ( has a children pool, daisy club, teen club); We have families coming with their children, so this is a huge plus for them
- Last but probably the most important, Ana, the wedding coordinator is fantastic. She has been the most prepared, nice and accomodating wedding coordinator amongst all of the resorts that I have visited in my initial trip ( and I saw about a dozen)
On the beach and ocean comment:
- The resort is located in Puerto Morelos. Puerto morelos has a reef neerby the shore, which indded creates a problem with seaweed. It is not the clearest ocean you can imagine (Playa del Carmen or Cancun are much better), but I saw them picking up the seaweed everyday while I was there
- The beach itself is very nice; clean and nice
I have pictures that I have taken, but I think the facebook ones that one of teh other brides mentioned are probably better (more professional). PM me and I can send you what I have too.
Let me know if you have other questions.