Hi Map!!! congratulations :) thank you for taking the time to help us out with all our questions, so awesome to hear that you and your guests had the perfect time!

I was also wondering about the minister, cuz I was thinking of hiring an external one but I'd hate to pay the resort's vendor fee, lol, so that's good to know you had a good experience.

Did you get a wedding package or did you just pay for each item separately? Did you do speeches/toast during your reception dinner at Villa Marina? was it not too noisy (since it's semi-private)? I'm sure I'll think of more questions so I hope you don't mind wink.gif

Oh and I would to see your pics if you don't mind sharing, my email is natr@shaw.ca

Thank you and congratulations again!

Oh and do you or anyone else know how much the day pass is again for guests not staying at the resort?

Lacey- We didn't give her anything to say, and I realized walking out there that I had no clue what she was going to say! lol But I was pleasently surprised that our vows were the "classic" vows. She gave her own introduction in the beginning. We didn't have the civil ceremony though, so not sure if the vows would be different in that case. We did have the option to meet with her beforehand if we had wanted to though.

BCBride- we did get a wedding pkg as we just booked the jr. suites for us and everyone else, and we only had 14 ppl (total, incl. children), so we didn't qualify for the 'free' wedding. We got the caribbean pkg for $1100. And added on the flower arrangements for the arch and table, the petals down the aisle, the private dinner at Villa Marina, the photog (basic pkg+ extra for all pics taken put on CD), my hair do...and it came to just under $2500.

We did speeches at the Villa Marina. We did them near the end of the night (after dinner, before cake), and we didn't find it too noisy at all. Although at first I was a little nervous because there were lots of people in the restaurant. If I were to do it again, I would probably do speeches right when we got there (at 6:30pm), because at that point we were the only people in the restaurant, and it didn't start filling up until about an hour later.

Sorry, I don't know how much the day pass is.

Hey everyone! So, I am starting to get questions about the swine flu even though our wedding isn't until September! Anyone else getting this? Anyone nervous?

Brooke

Ya I've had a couple of people mention it and our wedding isn't til December... I am kinda worried, I would hope this would be resolved by then, but I guess all we can do is wait. I heard a few airline companies are cancelling flights or allowing people to change their flights...

hello everyone!!! map your pics are amazing i love how you had set up for the ceremony, i was wondering if u could send me some wedding pics shorty_15_@hotmail.com, did u go with the photographer on site?? or did u get someone from cancun??

As for the huge swine ordeal my fiancee is working in mexico right now and last i herd they stopped flying people into mexico so im not sure if he will be able to come home anytime soon.. i hope everything clears up, is anyone getting married in the next month or sohuh.gif

shorty- I used the onsite photographer. I was happy, it was just what I wanted. Well...ok, not entirely true. I really wanted Sol Tamargo, haha. But, just wasn't in the budget. wink.gif I didn't want to pay the offsite vendor fee to get a photog from Cancun in, so we just went with the resort's photog. Was quick and painless and we are happy with the pics. We also have a TON of pics from our family that was there with us.

I'm so glad we missed the whole swine flu thing, it erupted several days after we got back. I feel awful for all the other DW brides that are having to cancel or reschedule their weddings because of it now. I can't even imagine!

I'm sending you the pics! cheesy.gif

Map! Thank you for the pictures! You and hubby look amazing! I really love your veil too, now I am considering getting one wink.gif And the beach setup is beautiful... I can't wait!!!

Brooke,

I live over on the IL side. I have a travel agent who has been everywhere, including this resort which is a big help!

I just graduated and we are building a house, so I feel like I have a lot of wedding planning to catch up on!

Map,

I loved your pictures of the resort. Would you mind forwarding me your other pictures as wel? I would like to get some color ideas and see how your pictures turned out with their photographer. Thanks!! siuashley@yahoo.com

Ashley