Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

@FutureMrsMT- We are totally going to be wedding buddies!  We are arriving on the 28th, getting Married on the 2nd and leaving the 5th. It's crazy how many weddings this resort does. It doesn't seem like they ever have down time. I am sooooo excited too. We just sent our official invitations out this week so now I can get more into the fun stuff. We are also doing the paradise package. I have not made any selections yet on any flowers, cake or anything else. Now that my invites are done I am going to be able to focus on that. The only thing we have selected is ceremony and reception location and we chose the lobby terrace for both, but I have been sort of interested in "le petit creperie" for the reception now. How far are you in the planning process right now with the resort?

Hey Ladies,

I wanted to get some clarification/ opinions on the different types of rooms. My family and friends have been asking me and I am getting confused with all the different things I am reading and want to make sure I understand them correctly. My contract for my guests are "junior suites" and if they wish to upgrade they may. I heard previously they are all considered "Ocean View" in the sense that nothing faces the other side of the resort. Is this true? Looking at some of the pics is looks like some could be inner facing rooms though. Also, what is considered a "Junior suite deluxe Ocean view"? Is it looking straight out to the ocean or just facing and you may see part of it depending on where your room is located? I read that the "Junior suite privilege" has a view of the pool area in the privilege area. Is that true? Lastly has anyone stayed in the "Honey moon suite" or any of the "master suites"? If so, can you please tell me your experience with these rooms and if it was worth the money? We are leaning towards the "Honey money suite", but i haven't seen the pricing on it yet.

Thanks for your help! :)

Great questions, guilaine87 - with all your fellow brides here to help you out, you're sure to find the answers you're looking for

Here's a shot of a wedding at the Ocean Turquesa showing how beautiful it is.......with more at the album link here......https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moments-that-Matter-Photography/18683524486?sk=photos_albums#!/photo.php?fbid=497548924486&set=a.497546574486.273546.18683524486&type=3&theater

all the best with your planning, and hope all your wedding "moments that matter" are perfect! Enjoy :)

Originally Posted by beachbride5555 View Post

Hi ladies!

I've been reading this blog for months and I've finally joined! You girls are SOOO helpful with such great advice!

Do any of you know anything about the resort DJ by any chance?

Hello beachbride555 - I am wondering about the same thing. Have you gotten feedback from any other brides yet?

- Laura

Hi Everyone!

I've been reading this forum for a while and it's been so helpful (especially in making our decision to choose OCT)!  I've contacted Ana a few times to officially book a date and time and get whatever forms she needs filled out to make the deposit - my fiance spoke to her on the telephone and she did confirm that the date/time in May is available but she still hasn't emailed us the info yett. Does anyone on here have these forms (blank) so I could fill out and send off??

I'm just trying to get this part done so I can officially book travel arrangements (my travel agent is crawling up my behind) and so I can get invitations out early to guests so they have time to save and plan.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you! 1-pray.gif

Originally Posted by Sandy Borie View Post

Hi girls! 

I just got my wedding highlight video and OMG!!!!  

I felt the need to share just how magical OCT was!!!!!

Here is the link:

https://vimeo.com/50983766

We went with Paul Schrank from Playaweddings. . .They did an amazing job and not once did I or my husband feel like we were being video taped. Everything he captured was completely authentic.

Worth looking into if you are in the market for a true professional! 

Wow Sandy!  I feel so blessed to have been able to watch this incredible video!  What a magical day and you looked STUNNING!  Must contact Paul Schrank immediately:)

Room clarification:  The junior suite rooms will not have a view of the ocean (maybe of the pool, garden, etc.), junior suite ocean view will not directly face the ocean but will have a view of the ocean from the balcony (the same as the basic junior suite but higher up...ours was an inner room with an extensive view of the ocean and kids pool), one of our guests stayed in the Ocean front master suite (was on main floor, ocean front, two full rooms basically....one was the bedroom with bathroom and the other was like a living room/dining table and second half bath, terrace had shower, jacuzzi tub....it was nice but was broken into (from terrace door) during the wedding and things were stolen), privilege rooms are the same but with extra stuff in the fridge and are located on the one side of the resort (some of those have jucuzzi tubs on the balcony).  I believe the only difference between regular and deluxe in having the jacuzzi tub on the balcony/terrace.  I don't know if they actually have a honeymoon specific suite - more like a free honeymoon package (some perks with respect to room service, additional breakfast, champagne..things like that).  

We originally wanted to pay the extra to get the master suite room, but decided that the pricing was just too crazy....honestly we were banking on a free upgrade when we got there.  We went during spring break and did get upgraded to an ocean view junior suite, but were hoping for a master suite (wanted the second room to get ready etc).  My husband was quite disappointed, but the resort was full and they couldn't do anything about it.  Our second week we chose to forgo the ocean view to be closer to the party pool - we were a good ten minute walk from our room before.

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by lbaker View Post

Hello beachbride555 - I am wondering about the same thing. Have you gotten feedback from any other brides yet?

- Laura

Hi Laura,

No I haven't heard anything about the DJ... we are still going ahead and booking it though. I will let you know when I get back seeing as my wedding is just around the corner :)

Originally Posted by Sandy Borie View Post

Hi girls! 

I just got my wedding highlight video and OMG!!!!  

I felt the need to share just how magical OCT was!!!!!

Here is the link:

https://vimeo.com/50983766

We went with Paul Schrank from Playaweddings. . .They did an amazing job and not once did I or my husband feel like we were being video taped. Everything he captured was completely authentic.

Worth looking into if you are in the market for a true professional! 

Thank you for posting this Sandy!! What a gorgeous wedding- you looked beautiful!! This is an amazing keep sake from the wedding! Since I watched this video we have decided to book a videographer!