Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

No extra for welcome dinner - I just reserved with Karen prior to arriving (about a month or so).  I'm sure if you want a restaurant there would be a charge, but we used the buffet (it is very good and more flexible with respect to time)....

Hi Ladies! I thought I would let you all know that you can get a discount at the spa if you pay when you book. I booked my hair and make up appointment last week and they emailed me back to tell me it was $174 but if I paid now it would only be $130.  If you are trying to save some money you may want to take advantage of this!  

JBandDJ thanks for posting about the bracelets!

DJBandDJ - Thank you for sharing your album. Oh my goodness, loved them. What a beautiful wedding. 

Did you have your hair done at the salon? Gorgeous!!

I am looking for Bridesmaid Dresses in a color very close to yours... can I ask if you got those in Calgary? (Would you share where?)  Love them.

Congratulations to you and your new husband! cheer2.gif

@ leahbecker:  Yes I had my hair and makeup done at the salon there (Litzy did both).  I went in the day before for a trial because I wanted it to be perfect ;)  I brought several pictures and she actually picked which one would be best for me - I was totally impressed.  I also purchased flowers through the wedding coordinator - wanted orchids but they couldn't find any so they brought me other white flower options and didn't charge me.  For the wedding day I had her do my bangs slightly different from the trial and the makeup a bit darker - turned out great and didn't budge all night!  I also brought clip in extensions (I have long, but fine hair so I needed some more hair for a full updo).  Litzy used a TON of hairspray so be prepared.....at first you will think she is crazy but in the end it looks awesome and holds in the wind!

My bridesmaids dresses are by Alfred Angelo.  Two were purchased at Mylee's in Calgary (don't be scared away by the way the place appears - Mylee is an incredible seamstress and did my dress (bought at Beautiful Bride) alterations perfectly) and one in Regina.  They were originally tea-length but two of the shorter girls brought the up above the knee.  The color I chose was called fuschia :)

Thank you so much for all the info! It's so great to see the hair salon do such beautiful work. Makes my anxiety meter go way down!

Thanks for the tips on finding bridesmaid dresses in Calgary. They are beautiful.

Again, congratulations! An absolutely beautiful wedding!

has anyone been legally married at the OCT??? We are scheduled to get legally married at the resort and I am trying to figure out if we need a long version of our birth certificate translated or just the wallet size???? I have tried to email Ana but she is taking forever to get back like more than3 weeks now and my wedding planner is completely useless and never gets back to any of my questions we are at the 6 month mark now and If we need the long version we need to order them and get them translated which will take awhile.....Please help..............

JBandDJ: your pictures are beautifulllll !! even got me a little emotional lol :P really loved the way you guys set up the table at the reception. how many people were you to give me an idea if we can do this with 56 people. I love the fact that everyone can see each other, it seems more intimate. Do you suggest having a huge rectangular table ??

Well ladies I leave tomorrow morning at 7am to the OCT!  I can't believe the time has come!  I've barely slept the last two nights because I've been finishing up all the last minute details.  And with our flight leaving so early tomorrow morning I doubt I'll sleep very much tonight.  Forecast is sunny and HOT HOT HOT all week!

I'll post a review after the wedding as well as our pro-pictures.

JBandDJ, love your photos and you look fabulous!  I'm now more confident in the salon stylists ;-) I have my hair trial and make-up on Monday so if all goes good I'll be set for the big day.

Thanks so much to all of you who have helped answer many questions.  See you in 10 days!

Yes!  We love the table set up.  We originally had 6/7 round tables, but switched to this when we got to the resort.  Our guests loved it - several commented on how intimate it was :)  I'm not sure about with 56 people though.....it would make your square a lot larger.  We had 33 people....