Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

Modizzle -
I think the OCT is a nice size, because they won't do as many weddings each day as a large resort like the Barcelo will.  I also have 65-70 guests travelling, and am going with the Paradise Package because it accomodates 40 guests (then you pay an additional $45 per person for the private dinner reception etc). I think the OCT is also great for a bigger group because if you are like me and looking for a non-beach ceremony location, they have a few other options (Rooftop terrace/Lobby terrace) that accomodate large groups.

You're right - there is no disco at the resort. But the sports bar/restaurant is open all night and that is where the party-goers usually go. It opens up by the pool bar, so not a typical disco - but apparently they have a dj and people dance.

I have heard great things about the service at OCT, which is one of the big reasons we want to go there.

Hope that helps.

Congrats to all the recent OCT bookies welcome.gif

I haven't been to the hotel myself, but a few of the lovely ladies on the forum have been and say many good things!  So far my planning process has gone pretty smoothly which the exception of some guest drama which I've learned is inevitable when planning a wedding, lol, everything is on track and I'm super excited for May!  You ladies have made a great choice!

We got GREAT group rates for my Nov 11-18 week from Blue Petal Destination Wedding travel - i have at least 70 guests coming from Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton and Montreal, so it's a complicated request!

Question: any previous OCT brides find that they were upgraded for free on anything great like that? I'm considering booking the Royal Master Suite, but so many other resorts offer a complementary upgrade when you have a big wedding..... any scoop on that?

Any previous or future OCT brides explored all the options for reception? Looking at pics on google images, it feels like most people do the rooftop terrace setting. 

I'm 100% into a beach ceremony - can anyone attest to whether or not it's relatively private? i live in fear of having some banana hammocks hanging around my ceremony, ha!

I'm wondering if there's a beach or poolside setting option for the reception - but based on so many people using the rooftop, maybe it's a wind issue?? 

Would love to hear other bride's experience with reception options and overall advice!

thanks!

Hi ladies,

So, so far I have booked my wedding date Nov 8th 2012 at OCT beach ceremony at 3pm and reception at 7 pm lobby terace. I have put down the deposit to hold the wedding date, time and locations, deposit for the outside photographer for wedding date and trash the dress shoot two days later, invites were ordered and arrived, wedding dress is bought, 40 people confirmed so far, wedding rings are bought, however I have emialed Anna and she is taking  forever to get back to me which I can assume from other posts in this thread is normal and I shouldnt worry but I was hoping some other future or past brides could help me out.

I am going with the Paradise package however, I was wondering if anyone had a list of prices for all the extra items such as the saches on the chairs, the arch, the wedding flowers for the brides maids, the arch, and or other decorations that I can purchase, also I was hoping to do fuschia and bright orange for my wedding colours does OCT offer decorations in those colours? 

Another thing I was wondering about was the music situation I am opitng for an ipod and speakers how does this work and is it loud enough?

One more thing what is required before hand in order to get married legally in mexico I keep getting different answers, My fiance and I both live in Canada and he has been divorced. We have valid passports, and birth certificates and he has his divorce papers in English can anyone advise me what we need to do or get translated and where we could do that before hand????

thanks in advance for any help or advise this is way more stressful then I thought it would be and this forum is such a great source of info and help.

Jan

@modizzle-  Hi! Like you I have nightmares about the passerby's walking by during my beach ceremony.  Ana said this happens less near the Privilege section. Our ceremony is set for 5:30 with cocktail hour immediatly following on the beach too from 6-7pm. My fiance and I would of loved to of had a beach reception but we cannot because our wedding is in July.  After 7 pm between the months of May- November, they do not hold any ceremonies or receptions on the beach.  I have seen pics of the set up on H10's website and they look beautiful.  When I was at the resort, Ana showed us pics of a huge party they did with tables and chairs set up near the quiet pool and it was really nice but she explained they only do this for huge parties.  Anyway, I hope that helps.  

OMG my wedding is in 2 weeks!!!  I picked up my dress today after alterations were complete (I have to have it cleaned at the bridal shops' cost because when they initially steamed it it was left with water stains)....I will have it within a week though.  This weekend we are packing...packing....packing :)  I also need to clean the house as we are having a dogsitter come and stay at our place.  Next Wednesday I'm with my BMs to have our nails done (shellac) followed by our legal ceremony (very simple...I don't want it to be real until OCT).  We fly out the Saturday morning at 8:30 am....going to need to be at the airport early....  All of a sudden the days have just flown by!  Wow - so exciting thewave.gif

Awesome!  I can't believe how quickly it's coming up!  What are you doing with your dress when you get to the resort?  Can they steam it for you?  Or are you bringing your own?

I can't wait to hear how it goes!  It's going to be beautiful!  Yay for you!

Originally Posted by JBandDJ View Post

OMG my wedding is in 2 weeks!!!  I picked up my dress today after alterations were complete (I have to have it cleaned at the bridal shops' cost because when they initially steamed it it was left with water stains)....I will have it within a week though.  This weekend we are packing...packing....packing :)  I also need to clean the house as we are having a dogsitter come and stay at our place.  Next Wednesday I'm with my BMs to have our nails done (shellac) followed by our legal ceremony (very simple...I don't want it to be real until OCT).  We fly out the Saturday morning at 8:30 am....going to need to be at the airport early....  All of a sudden the days have just flown by!  Wow - so exciting thewave.gif