Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBride View Post
Hey Katie!
Your wedding and honeymoon sound just as amazing!! :) We are lucky brides...we get to celebrate our wedding all week long!

Well I started off saying I wanted the Coral, but it's out of our price range...so she offered 15 % off of the Carribean package. I asked her what she could take off of the package price of Coral if we excluded things such as: (examples)

-Romantic dinner in the a la cart restaurant for the couple
-1 bottle of domestic champagne and a basket of fruit deliver to the coupleâ€s room
-Room decoration with flowers
-Makeup and Hair for the bride (My hairdresser is coming to do mine, and I'm a makeup artist wink.gif )

Ana responded back to me saying that some of those things don't actually cost anything, but because I do not have a lot of money for the wedding she knocked $150 off the package...$1900 to $1750.
$150 is $150 right? :)
I would just start your email about how over budget you 2 are and how anything would help. She seems nice and willing to work with you.

I hope that helps and I hope you save some money!! Goodluck!

-Krystal

By the way, your wedding website is adorable! Check out ours!

krystalandstephen.com
Exactly! We're there for 2 weeks and then having a UK reception a week after we get back - so 3 weeks of celebrating our wedding!! how exciting is that!?!

Ah brilliant, thank you so much for that...she's just got back to me with details of flowers and meals etc so I think I will start the negotiating with the sob story (which I hate doing, but nevertheless is true) and ask her what we can take out to make it cheaper...such as those things you've said - we wouldn't mind not having them if it made it cheaper, and hey $150 is $150!

But OMG you're a make up artist!!!! Are you there on the 7th?? Maybe you could do mine?! lol haha you can earn some money while you're there!!! I'm so worried they're not going to be what I want and I'm not a make-up person at all so I'd be screwed if I didn't like how they did it and I had to try and do it myself! but hey....that's another thing to add to my list of things to worry about!! lol

So...we've just been sent the info of things we have to choose from, but I'm already confused! think I'm going to have a long email to send back to Ana!! I can't work out what's included in the package and what we are paying additional for!

and OMG your website is so lovely :) your proposal was soooo sweet! we'll have to sort out a drink at the resort inbetween our weddings! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_2010 View Post
Exactly! We're there for 2 weeks and then having a UK reception a week after we get back - so 3 weeks of celebrating our wedding!! how exciting is that!?!

Ah brilliant, thank you so much for that...she's just got back to me with details of flowers and meals etc so I think I will start the negotiating with the sob story (which I hate doing, but nevertheless is true) and ask her what we can take out to make it cheaper...such as those things you've said - we wouldn't mind not having them if it made it cheaper, and hey $150 is $150!

But OMG you're a make up artist!!!! Are you there on the 7th?? Maybe you could do mine?! lol haha you can earn some money while you're there!!! I'm so worried they're not going to be what I want and I'm not a make-up person at all so I'd be screwed if I didn't like how they did it and I had to try and do it myself! but hey....that's another thing to add to my list of things to worry about!! lol

So...we've just been sent the info of things we have to choose from, but I'm already confused! think I'm going to have a long email to send back to Ana!! I can't work out what's included in the package and what we are paying additional for!

and OMG your website is so lovely :) your proposal was soooo sweet! we'll have to sort out a drink at the resort inbetween our weddings! :)
Aww...I'm flattered and wish I could do your makeup for your wedding but we do not fly out until May 7th from Canada! I am not even sure what time we are arriving but it's in the afternoon and I can't even guarantee a time we'd be at the resort! I'm sorry! If I was arriving the night before it would have been no problem at all!! Just bring a picture/pictures of a makeup you like and be very clear on what you do NOT want. That always halps the artist! :)

But we will definitely have to get that drink in between weddings! We are in the process of figuring out the details as well...can't wait until thats done with! Hopefully you had some luck with Ana!

:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBride View Post
Aww...I'm flattered and wish I could do your makeup for your wedding but we do not fly out until May 7th from Canada! I am not even sure what time we are arriving but it's in the afternoon and I can't even guarantee a time we'd be at the resort! I'm sorry! If I was arriving the night before it would have been no problem at all!! Just bring a picture/pictures of a makeup you like and be very clear on what you do NOT want. That always halps the artist! :)

But we will definitely have to get that drink in between weddings! We are in the process of figuring out the details as well...can't wait until thats done with! Hopefully you had some luck with Ana!

:)
Lol no worries hun, it was worth a shot hey?! lol so I may be married when you arrive! or even in the process of being married! just think at 4pm Mexican time, that I'll be saying my vows! ooo that sounds sooo exciting!

Me and FH sat down over the weekend and went through all the information Ana sent through, and tomorrow I'll be emailing her a list of about 15 questions! She has been great though, I can't really fault her and she always makes me feel like we're really important and she's happy to be talking to us :)

I'll update you with any more news as and when! Good luck with yours!! x

Hi all!! I am also an Ocean Turquesa Bride!! WOW, this website is AMAZING!! I am going to be there from November 15th- 29th! YAY, 2 weeks! Our wedding date is November 20th, 2009.

Who am I going to see there?!?!?shots.gif One round of Jose Cuervo- ON ME!!

woot.gif -Lindsay

ps. I just send Ana an email asking for a better deal on my package etc, lets see how that goes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin&Scott View Post
Hi all!! I am also an Ocean Turquesa Bride!! WOW, this website is AMAZING!! I am going to be there from November 15th- 29th! YAY, 2 weeks! Our wedding date is November 20th, 2009.
Who am I going to see there?!?!?shots.gif One round of Jose Cuervo- ON ME!!

woot.gif -Lindsay

ps. I just send Ana an email asking for a better deal on my package etc, lets see how that goes!!
OMG Lindsay I think you are our next OCT bride :) wow your wedding is just around the corner!!! Mine is on Dec. 16th, not too far away...
So are you basically done planning? You will have an awesome wedding! Welcome to the thread!smile03.gif

Thanks again for the welcomes, I feel great!! Aren't we all happy brides! I am pretty much done planning, which is exciting... now I'm just ready to finally get there!!

I got my email reply from Ana, I asked for a better price on my package... or, I said she could upgrade my photo package for free. Aren't I nice.. giving her options LOL. -She has been wonderful- Anyways she said no. Basically. She said she would take $200 off if I brought in my own minister, but I dont have one and I am more comfortable with having them provide my minister. Annnyways, I said I still would appreciate money off since budget is getting tight this close to the date, and we are a party of 33 people, I consider that alot!! *(Another bride mentioned she got 15% off!!)* Ana said I could get rid of my "spa package", but I need to get my hair and makeup done, that's not an option, hahaha.

I guess we'll know soon enough.

39 MORE DAYS UNTIL I LEAVE!!
cheers.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin&Scott View Post
Thanks again for the welcomes, I feel great!! Aren't we all happy brides! I am pretty much done planning, which is exciting... now I'm just ready to finally get there!!
I got my email reply from Ana, I asked for a better price on my package... or, I said she could upgrade my photo package for free. Aren't I nice.. giving her options LOL. -She has been wonderful- Anyways she said no. Basically. She said she would take $200 off if I brought in my own minister, but I dont have one and I am more comfortable with having them provide my minister. Annnyways, I said I still would appreciate money off since budget is getting tight this close to the date, and we are a party of 33 people, I consider that alot!! *(Another bride mentioned she got 15% off!!)* Ana said I could get rid of my "spa package", but I need to get my hair and makeup done, that's not an option, hahaha.
I guess we'll know soon enough.
39 MORE DAYS UNTIL I LEAVE!!
cheers.gif
Wow Lin, sounds like you have everything under control! smile03.gif

Hmmm doesn't seem like getting any money off is as simple as I thought it was going to be...I might wait a while before trying - maybe she'll change her mind!?!?

Do you (or anyone) have any photos of ceremony locations? I think we have various options but I don't know what they are yet! Ideally we don't want to get married on the beach so does anyone know what other options we have?

Thanks girls smile72.gif