Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

hey guys its been a while since i have been on here, the date is set dec 15 2009 !!! crazy stuff we are sooo excited we have decided to get married on the terrace and were having a sunset wedding!!! i have alot of questions with the reception end of it, i talked to ana and after the 2 or 3 hrs is up for your supper depending which package u choose it is 10 per person to have the hall or pool area per hr!!! that's crazy im having prob 30-35 people so 300 an hr !! im not sure what everyone else is doing but im really unsure what to dohuh.gif bc bride i saw u posted a pic of the terrace i cannot open it would u mind sending it 2 mehuh.gif thanks :) Krista

Hi ladies, welcome to the thread wink.gif

Sheri, I just emailed you the wedding packages.

About Ana, I do have to wait about a week to hear from her via email but whenever my TA needs an answer right away, she just calls Ana and she says that works really well. My TA also did a site visit last month and she said Ana is great to work with.

Krista, Dec. 15?!! How exciting, I'm getting married the day after :) The pic of the terrace ceremony is a powerpoint file, I'll email it to you, can you PM me your email address?

I know it's ridiculous we have to pay so much for an extra hour, I think after our reception we may just find a spot somewhere, like the lobby terrace or somewhere by the pool to hang out, or hopefully there's a beach party going on...

thank you for the packages, they seem really reasonable, just one other question if anyone could answer for me. Is there a disco at this resort?? or somewhere open for food and drink late?? just worried that the nights will be a little too quiet for some of my guests :) lol

Just starting to get quotes anyone departing toronto next april?? my quotes are high so i think i will wait a while before booking!! lots of time:)

thanks again

sheri

Hi ladies, after reseaching just about 6 or more hotels this one is something that caught my eye. I am shutting for a July 2010 wedding and not sure if its to soon to say but this hotel seems to have everything I am looking for. But my TA tells me that it doesn't have a beauty salon. Picture this... a full head of curly hair without a professional inthe middle of july in Mexico. This is a no no, my TA said maybe they can hire someone to come and do my hair but nto sure how that will work. I am curious to know what others have done? Also cause i'm in the begining of all this wondering about the cakes. I almost booked with the Paradious and they only have Choc. and Vanilla ewww. i want more options does anyone know anything in regards to these thinngs. Anything input is great and pictures if you have it I would forever be grateful.

.....I'm baaaack!!!! This thread has been busy...took me a bit to catch up with the posts, haha! Anyway, super tired, flight came in really late last night, but just wanted to let you ladies know that everything went fantastic...we had a perfect wedding (and week). Super happy with everything! I will come back and write up the details...but will be going to bed soon.

I can't remember who asked (sheri?)... but it also took a while for Ana to get back to my TA by email, but she always did in the end (and there was a ton of emailing back and forth). There were 3 weddings that I know of this last week (including mine), that may be why she's taking a bit to get back right away.

Krista- congrats on booking your date! We did our semi-private reception dinner at the Villa Marina...and I didn't plan anything for afterwards (was immediate family). But it just happened that there was live music outside by one of the pools (by the lounge beds), and we did our first dance and father/daughter dance and hung out there until late. Worked out perfect! The atmosphere was great, felt like we were hanging out at a private pool party.

Sheri- no disco, but there was always music playing by the lounge beds at night, dancing etc, and twice there was live music. Lots of people stayed out late in this area. Pool bar is right there too. For food, I think the american restaurant (forget the name right now) was open until 3am.

Steve&Julia- there is a spa at this resort. I had my hair and nails done there, but I opted to do my own makeup (I could have had it done there though if I had wanted to). Our cake was basic, was just right for us though. I didn't look into it much, but maybe there are other options if you were to pay extra (I just took the free cake included in the pkg).

varsitygolf- I don't know the answer (we only had 14 ppl), but how many guests do you think you will have?

...I'll be back later with details...

We may end up having about 40 people. That is if everyone comes, which I know is not likely. But I am worried becuase I never thought we would have that many. My family is really small, but I had forgotten how big my fiance's family is! I can't wait to hear all the details of how everything went!

~Ashley

I'm back, I've uploaded a bunch of pictures to my photobucket acct.

This is the link:

Ocean Coral H10 Wedding pictures by map2000 - Photobucket

I've written captions under each picture, so click on it and the caption will come up under the picture. It might be easier to view them in 'slideshow' mode.

I've purposely left out pictures with actual people in them (like us). But, if you would like to see pictures of us (to see what it looked like all put together) I can email them to you. (DH would kill me if I actually put pics of us on the internet-sorry...)

I will be back later with more info about my wedding etc, but our toddler is sick (not related to our trip) and have been busy with that.

Ashley- I would think that they would be able to easily fit 40 ppl on the beach (I'm not really sure exactly where the terrace weddings take place, but I would think that they could fit 40 ppl just fine too- all the terraces by the lobby were quite big).

Thanks everyone for you pictures and comments! I am getting married here on 9/19/09 and starting to get a little nervous about planning something being so far away. For those of you that used the spa...Where you happy with the hair/make-up services? Did you take a picture with you or have a "trial" done?

Also, as I am reading it looks like some of you made your final decisions when you got to the resort. What should be done ahead of time and what can be done when I get there, in regards to picking out flower arrangements, cake, etc? I will be there 3 nights in advance.

Thanks!

Brooke