Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

Hi, I'm looking to book our wedding at Ocean coral, few concerns...does anyone have info about the beach? Seaweed? Murky or clear? I've seen good pics and bad pics and the beach is my main background for pictures...any thoughts? R there a lot of palm trees in this area on the beach?

@@JustynaB

Could you send me the menu options I got everything else but that

amanda.borges81@hotmail.com

As for DJ, that's what I read that the dj just literally played music you selected, no MCing...I thought it wasn't worth the $$, so I'm doing iPod playlist. They have someone to run it for you. A lot of brides have said it worked great.

I'd be interested in getting costs on lighting too, it looks so nice, plus save me the trouble of bringing lighting.

@@BeeJewell

I know I'm in the same boat waiting on confirmation if I can reserve lobby terrace for reception but haven't heard back. I plan on re-emailing today.

Edited by aborgesbride

hi @@JustynaB and @@jill16 welcome to the group!

justyna, i would love if you could send me the checklists, menu and cake choices, unfortunately daniel isn't getting back to me,  ill pm you my email!

unfortunately i don't have answers to your questions with the exception of those around the photographer.  a bride that was just married a couple wks ago (@mrsshepperdtobe) used him and said he was fantastic. But I've also read that same stuff about him as you have.  we are planning on bringing down our own photographer from canada as a "guest" for the week, that way we can get rights to all of our pictures instead of choosing a few.  Also on the dj note, many brides have just used an iPod and a staff member to run it and said that worked perfectly, thats my plan as well!

Hi everyone,

Between illness and computer issues, I haven't been on in sometime, but looks like lots of action! I also heard back from the hotel but from Cynthia who is the weddings and group manager. Not sure if anyone else has dealt with her, but she has been not too bad in getting back to me. Hopefully going to send off my credit card info this week. Just curious if anyone knows how much the deposit is (couldn't find that anywhere) and if it is refundable/changeable depending on dates? I am just waiting to find out my daughter's schedule for next year, as it is her first year of high school, and I want to make sure she can miss a few days of school. I want to reserve my date but not sure what would happen if I had to change it, would they apply the $ to another date? Hopefully Cynthia will let me know that soon enough.

Hope you are all having fun with your planning! So great to hear from those coming back :)

Hi everyone,

Between illness and computer issues, I haven't been on in sometime, but looks like lots of action! I also heard back from the hotel but from Cynthia who is the weddings and group manager. Not sure if anyone else has dealt with her, but she has been not too bad in getting back to me. Hopefully going to send off my credit card info this week. Just curious if anyone knows how much the deposit is (couldn't find that anywhere) and if it is refundable/changeable depending on dates? I am just waiting to find out my daughter's schedule for next year, as it is her first year of high school, and I want to make sure she can miss a few days of school. I want to reserve my date but not sure what would happen if I had to change it, would they apply the $ to another date? Hopefully Cynthia will let me know that soon enough.

Hope you are all having fun with your planning! So great to hear from those coming bac

Glad you and your computer are feeling better!! The deposit is 250 non refundable but may be transferable to another day (I'm not sure) work asking though!  I was dealing with vanesa and ana before and they've both left the company, as I'm sure you've read.  Daniel go back to me within the hour when I emailed him today so that was pretty impressive!!  

Good luck!

Has anyone had a reply from Cynthia? She emailed me last week apologizing for the 2 week delay and sais Ana doesn't work there anymore...the. she said she would call me the next morning and never did...so frustrated..

Has anyone had a reply from Cynthia? She emailed me last week apologizing for the 2 week delay and sais Ana doesn't work there anymore...the. she said she would call me the next morning and never did...so frustrated..

I would try to email daniel, Jill.  He is the new "ana", his email is weddings.oct@oceanhotels.net.  A few of the girls on here (including myself) have had very prompt responses from him.  I think OTC is probably having some issues right now in their wedding dept since theres been some big turnover lately. Good luck!! (and you can always try calling them back too!)

Thank, I tried Daniels email and he responded quick! Does anyone have any input on the beach there?? I have seen the seaweed pics and some local photographers said the water could be blue green brown depending on day and cuz the coral reef and more sea life in the water.... I'm stressing I will be disappointed cuz I want the beautiful turquoise water with no seaweed! ... Other than that everything is perfect...I'm thinking if its disappointing, is there another close by beach we could drive to and do wedding pics there in between the ceremony and reception...?...any ideas?

Thank, I tried Daniels email and he responded quick! Does anyone have any input on the beach there?? I have seen the seaweed pics and some local photographers said the water could be blue green brown depending on day and cuz the coral reef and more sea life in the water.... I'm stressing I will be disappointed cuz I want the beautiful turquoise water with no seaweed! ... Other than that everything is perfect...I'm thinking if its disappointing, is there another close by beach we could drive to and do wedding pics there in between the ceremony and reception...?...any ideas?

Hey Jill, 

Its like that throughout most of the mayan riviera so there definitely won't be anywhere within driving distance.  If you're looking for seaweed free beaches id try cuba!