Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

@@HwesleyE

Ya I think that's a good plan, I did the same when I didn't hear back from them for a few weeks, I got my TA to call them and get me the confirmation!

Welcome to the group!

In 48 hours I will be at OCT!!!!! OMG!  I can't believe the time is finally here.

Just trying to get through this final day of work before I become a Mrs... I seriously cannot focus one bit.

Daniel emailed me to confirm my spa appointments and he let me know that my maracas have arrived!!

Oooh I can't wait!!!!!

In 48 hours I will be at OCT!!!!! OMG!  I can't believe the time is finally here.

Just trying to get through this final day of work before I become a Mrs... I seriously cannot focus one bit.

Daniel emailed me to confirm my spa appointments and he let me know that my maracas have arrived!!

Oooh I can't wait!!!!!

Wishing you an AMAZING wedding week!!  Enjoy every moment!! :)

Leslie

Hi everyone! Super newbie here, although I have popped in and out of this site for the last two years. We have just recently made the decision to cancel our wedding here in London (Ont) and get married in Mexico. My fiancé proposed at the Ocean Maya 18 months ago, and we just loved it. I have chosen the OTC as we want the same type of experience, but be able to bring my daughters along as well.

I have spent the last few days pouring over about 7 years worth of posts in this thread, and with each post I read, I feel more and more confident that this is the right choice for us.

I have been trying to find some more info from anyone that was planning a very small, simple event, and what their experience was like. We will have 12 people max, including my fiancé and I. We would like to be married on the beach, and my main concern is the dinner after. I cant see reserving an entire terrace, for that small of a group, but I am hoping to be able to have something slightly more private for the dinner afterwards. My thinking is that hopefully they could reserve a table for us for dinner for 12 at one of the restaurants and we would head to a lounge or bar type area for drinks after dinner.

Do you think I am better off to book my package and just try to negotiate things once the hotel contacts me back? Or try to build more of an a la carte package of my own (which I cant seem to find prices for).  Bottom line is that we want super simple, but still a nice event for everyone. I just don't want to have to pay more for all the bells and whistles, if we are not using them! Has anyone else planned or is planning a smaller wedding here?

Also, I am a little nervous how the booking process works. Do you book your trip and then hope your wedding date is available? Or give the deposit on a wedding date, and then hope the vacation package is available? I likely wont be able to book the vacation until September, and are hoping for a February 2015 wedding. The trip prices are still a little high, and I know come the fall, there are all kinds of early booking bonuses that come out for the winter. But I don't want to have one portion booked without the other.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Edited by Marciemarce

@@MrsSheppardToBe that is so exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it when you are back and ready to give us a full run down. Have an amazing trip and enjoy every minute!!

@@Marciemarce I just met with my TA yesterday which brought my stress levels on booking the wedding date down A LOT!! Based on my conversation I would suggest you confirm the wedding date before you book your trip. That way you avoid any added stress if your trip booking and wedding date don't line up. I'm also new to the feed, but from what I have read communication with the WC at the resort takes time. I would get in touch with the resort ASAP just to get the ball rolling.

Do you have the wedding package options already? If not I would be happy to send them to you...since Britt was kind enough to send them to me :) PM me your email address.

Good luck!

Edited by HwesleyE

Hi again everyone!

Not having much luck with a response from the hotel (which I know is quite normal) but I am going to hand the reins over to my travel agent and see how she makes out.

I sent an email through the request form on the website, so I am not really sure which inbox of theirs that goes to.

Would someone be able to give me the email address that they have found best for contacting either Ana directly, or to the WC main inbox? Just want to make sure I am not sending my requests to cyberspace.

Thank you!

Hi again everyone!

Not having much luck with a response from the hotel (which I know is quite normal) but I am going to hand the reins over to my travel agent and see how she makes out.

I sent an email through the request form on the website, so I am not really sure which inbox of theirs that goes to.

Would someone be able to give me the email address that they have found best for contacting either Ana directly, or to the WC main inbox? Just want to make sure I am not sending my requests to cyberspace.

Thank you!

@@Marciemarce Sorry for the delay... I was out of town over the weekend. Just sent you the information and contact info for the WC at the resort.

• Like 1

Well, I'm a Mrs! We just got back from OCT a few weeks ago. I have to say, it all went smoothly, there was no fuss, it was gorgeous, and we hada a dream wedding. If anyone has any questions, email me at sarah8196 at gmail.com I plan to write out a full review, but it's been hectic since getting back...it might just be easier to answer questions! I was lucky enough to become friends with a girl I met on this forum, and we were married a few day apart from one another-- so having each other there at the same time, and celebrating together, seeing each other's weddings, it was really, really cool!!! Hope everyone's planning is going well!