Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

Just wondering (even though its a long ways away still) who are you guys using for photography?  (sorry if the answer is further back in the thread, i can't bring my self to go thru it again). 

I'm using the resort photographer.... www.photo-pro.com.mx

Their packages are very reasonable... I'm paying $1100 for a photo/video package, and they can live stream your wedding online for anyone to watch.

I've just decided to make everything really easy for myself by not using any outside vendors.  It saves a lot of $ and it's less hassle because everything is at the resort.

Edited by MrsSheppardToBe

@@BeeJewell

Ya I plan on doing the same & just using the resort photographer...I've looked at the website 7 prices are reasonable & their photos are actually pretty good.

so I was checking my confirmation email from the resort, that also was asking me a few details for my wedding & ana isn't on the email, you think I should forward her my reply email to the resort? just in case...

@@BeeJewell

Ya I plan on doing the same & just using the resort photographer...I've looked at the website 7 prices are reasonable & their photos are actually pretty good.

so I was checking my confirmation email from the resort, that also was asking me a few details for my wedding & ana isn't on the email, you think I should forward her my reply email to the resort? just in case...

Hey amanda, 

I would..just to be safe.  and also going off other brides who have posted on here before - keep a binder with all your correspondence with the hotel and ana and anyone for that matter printed out in a binder to bring with you when you go down…so you have a paper trail incase details get missed!!

• Like 1

@@BeeJewell

Ya I think that's some good advice, I will do that now! better safe than sorry.

Did you get a flower catalogue yet? the girl has said she attached it but it wasn't on the email.

@@MrsSheppardToBe

Just curious whats your timeline for your wedding day? I cant remember if the ceremony with the champagne toast is an hour? I swear I researched so many resorts all the infos mixed up now loll

I was thinking of doing the speeches at the champagne toast part.

• Like 1

Hi @@aborgesbride

My timeline is pretty vague right now..... I know the ceremony is short, like 15-20 min. I don't see the champagne toast being too long... I would think just 15 min or so but I have nothing to go on.

My ceremony is at 5pm, and my reception will start at 7pm. I'm only doing a 3 hour reception. They told me that it costs $500 per extra hour which I thought was crazy so I'm not doing that.

I figure that after 10pm most of my guests will be going to bed, and so will we. We've planned a busy honeymoon day at the resort - we're doing the Delphinus couples dream swim with dolphins!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

are you girls doing a first look or doing all your couple pics after the ceremony? I'm torn between practicality and wanting chris and i to see each other for the first time walking down the aisle ..

our ceremony is at 4 but I'm not wanting the reception to start until 630..thats a big break though and I'm a little afraid all my guests will be drunk by then!! haha

@@BeeJewell

Im even worse off I wanted a 3 pm ceremony, because im getting married in the winter season so I didn't want it to be too dark for my pictures....but all they had left on my day was 2pm or 5pm...so I went with 2...so I have hourssssss inbetween. :S

I don't know how that's gonna work out. Trying to figure out what to do with all of these people for 3+ hours. im sure pictures will take about an hour, but then after that I don't know. I guess people can always go back to their rooms to freshen up or grab some snacks from the snack bar....

Im hoping my FI doesn't get too liquored up before the reception either loll.

I don't think 4 to 630 is too long of a break, that's pretty good actually.

@@MrsSheppardToBe

Ya im only doing a 3 hr reception too....ive read on multiple reviews that people usually go down to the pool bar afterwards to continue the party. Plus really the lobby bar is right outside the reception area im sure you can just move the party over. At least that's what im planning on lol

That was my original plan but my FI wants to pay for the extra hour…i read him the most recent review (i forget her name but the last bride to get married on here) who talked about paying for another hour at the last minute..

@@aborgesbride  Im sure people won't mind going back to their rooms to freshen up after taking some pics with you, and then grabbing a drink.  Also based on what the last bride said …you very may well want to go freshen yourself up before the reception, she's said her curls fell v. quickly in the humidity.

Another thought - some of the packages used to come with a pre-wedding cocktail hour, and ana said that I *could* have the cocktail hour after but that it would likely be at a time that the lobby bar was very busy and wouldn't work as well, however if you're getting married at 2 that might be perfect timing for a cocktail hour and some drinks and THEN let ppl go and freshen up, just a thought.

ps.  We booked with our travel agent last night (woo hoo!!) and apparently her daughter is a photographer and she ONLY CHARGES HER FREE TRIP all the 2000 pictures she provides for you are apparently free…so if you get an *extra* free trip beyond you and your FI the third one could potential be used to get your photographer there and that makes pics VERY cheap.  She said that her daughter also takes her camera with her during the week to capture candid pictures of everyone on non wedding days too…sounds pretty cool.  I don't know if this is common place or just her?  I've emailed a couple other local photographers just to see..

ALSO wondering from you two - we are only getting ever 16th guest who books free, which isn't as great as we thought (we'd heard a lot about ppl getting the 11th person free).  what are you girls getting and what company are you using?  we booked through air transat.  not too many perks but cheaper than sunwing.