Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

Leslie Im so so happy for you!!!  And feeling optimistic and excited for ours!!  As we get closer I'm sure ill be bugging you with more questions!  Hope you're enjoying being a MRS!!  Congrats again.  And good luck jenna as you get SO CLOSE!! Cant wait to hear!!

Thank you!! :)  And certainly don't hesitate to ask questions...this forum was so helpful for me with my planning!! 

Hi ladies!!   :)

Sorry it took so long for me to write...we just got back from Mexico last week...we had been there for 2 weeks - wedding week at OCT and honeymoon week at Excellence Riviera Cancun.  We didnt want to come back home!!  We had the most AMAZING time at OCT with our guests (16 of us total).  Everyone could not stop raving about the resort and we had so much fun!! It was the second time for us at this resort so we knew what to expect.  We were thrilled to hear how much our guests loved it!!

And the wedding...well its was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!! Everything went down without a hitch!! I was so worried during the months prior to the wedding as email communication with the coordinators wasnt the best!!  Rest assured ladies that their team of professionnals have it all covered!!  Like many brides have said already in this forum, everything works out once you get to the resort.  We met with Ana and Vanessa the day after our arrival...Vanessa took the lead and she went over every possible detail you could imagine.  This was the perfect time to ask questions or add details (I had a list drawn up with questions).  She showed us where our ceremony would be held (beach in front of building 1 which was our request) and outside lobby terrace for the reception.  We were so impressed by the service and had nothing to worry about!! 

Just so you know, you can add and tweak things right up until the last minute.  For example, we had 2 guests show up as a surprise (BEST surprise EVER!!) and Vanessa was very accommodating with adding these 2 guests.  We also ordered 2 bottles of champagne for the day of the wedding (one in my room and one in my husband`s room).  

The day of the wedding was perfect!!  I hung out at the pool with everyone until noon and then went to my room to shower. My friend came to my room around 1:15 to do hair and make-up while sipping on champagne. I wanted to be ready for 3pm as our photographer (Juan Navarro) would be arriving around that time.  A few people came to the room and then I slipped into my dress, put on my jewelry and I was good to go.  Vanessa came to my room to bring my bouquet and then went to my husband`s room to bring his boutonniere.  Juan brought me to my husband around 3:45 for our first look pictures and studio photo shoot of the two of us (we wanted to do this before our ceremony so we could enjoy our time with guests afterwards). It was amazing!!  He was fantastic!!  

We returned to my room afterwards where my Dad was waiting for me.  My husband left to go to the ceremony location around 5:15 ish and I touched up my hair while waiting for Vanessa to come pick me up.  My curls had fallen after the photo shoot so consider this ladies...only one hour or so outside and this happenned!! Crazy!!  I was rushing to touch up my curls...my Dad not being able to help of course and everyone was at the beach so I had to do it...LOL!!  No big deal!!  The curls fell again shortly after the ceremony and I wasnt going to make a big deal of it.

Vanessa picked me up with my Dad and we walked to the beach.  A few drops of rain were felt but, quickly stopped.  Thank god!!  It was VERY windy at the beach...unreal!!  So again, keep this in mind for the hair.  It was so windy to the point where after the ceremony, our photographer suggested we do group shots in the garden instead where there wasnt as much wind and we were fine with that.

Our reception on the outdoor lobby terrace began at 7pm.  It was SO gorgeous how the table was set up!!  I had brought a table runner, sea shells to hold everyone`s names for the seating, maracas, napkins and menus. It was placed perfectly!! The service from the waiters was out of this world!!  There were a few of them around at all times ensuring we had drinks and what not!!  It was great!! The food was delicious and everyone raved about it (feta and balsamic sald; champagne sherbert; surf and turf; caribbean cake).  Presentation of the food was just WOW!! After the meal, it wasnt long that the shots started and everyone got dancing.  I had my ipod with a playlist and it was great!!  There was a guy there to manage it but, I was always running over to select specific songs which was perfect!  We were having such a good time and didnt want it to end as scheduled for 10pm.  So around 9:45pm, I approached Vanessa (who was always around making sure everything was running smoothly) and asked if we could extend an extra hour (at a cost of course) and she was totally fine with that!!  She brought me some paper work to sign and voila!!  We were dancing the night away until 11pm.  At 11pm, we went down to the pool where the swim-up bar is and luckily, it was a latino dance party going on that night with tons of people dancing.  Our group just dove in and we danced, danced, danced until about 1:30 a.m. 

All in all...our wedding day could not have been more perfect!!  We were so impressed of the wedding team (don`t think its just the coordinator...there are several people coordinating the event and they have walky talkies...constantly in contact with one another).  We were blown away by how well things went and worked out.  We didnt have to lift a finger or worry about anything!!  Our guests had the time of their lives on our wedding night and are still talking about it!! Im just so thankful for how it went and now, I have the most wonderful memories of it!!  I would highly recommend destination weddings now that I`ve experienced it!! Its just such a breeze!!

Ok...Ive written so much already...what a long post...LOL!!  Please dont hesitate to ask me questions if you have any or want more details on something.  I`d be glad to help :)

Leslie

PS for Jenna Rose - the Maracas were just gorgeous!! However, we had them shipped to the resort and when we opened the box (the day of our meeting), 4 of them had broken even thought they were individually bubble wrapped.  We wanted each of our guests to have one but, couldnt anymore.  So we gave one per couple and we kept a few for ourselves as souvenirs.  I would recommend that you order some extra ones in case.  I emailed Gaby right away who said it was the first time it happened (??)...she offered to make more but, at a cost and shipping too.  The postage people must have been very rought for them to shatter like that!!

Leslie,

Thank you so much for your review! And congrats!!!!! so happy for you that everything went well!!!

A few questions if you don't mind loll what did you need to bring for the Ipod hook up to the speakers?? Also, if you don't mind my asking how much did they charge you for the extra hour of dancing??

Great idea about the napkins at the reception & champagne in the room for getting ready! I think i'm gonna borrow those ideas loll.

@@MrsSheppardToBe @@Leslied

Ladies, how long after you put in your deposit did you start confirming details about the wedding with the coordinator, like reception & ceremony location etc.?? Communication hasn't been the greatest & im trying to be patient, but its kinda stressing me out a bit loll

thanks!!

Amanda

Leslie,

Thank you so much for your review! And congrats!!!!! so happy for you that everything went well!!!

A few questions if you don't mind loll what did you need to bring for the Ipod hook up to the speakers?? Also, if you don't mind my asking how much did they charge you for the extra hour of dancing??

Great idea about the napkins at the reception & champagne in the room for getting ready! I think i'm gonna borrow those ideas loll.

Ladies, how long after you put in your deposit did you start confirming details about the wedding with the coordinator, like reception & ceremony location etc.?? Communication hasn't been the greatest & im trying to be patient, but its kinda stressing me out a bit loll

thanks!!

Amanda

It was pretty much right away, like within days!

@@MrsSheppardToBe

Thanks so much for your help and info. Because I had sent my deposit in weeks ago...no replies then finally about a week ago Vanessa replied that they were gonna process the deposit and send me confirmation as soon as it went through....well I never got anything back....tried emailing but nothing. So I took your advice and called my TA...he found out the Ana & Vanessa no longer work there????? What!!!!!!! Omg honestly, most stressful few weeks ever. So this other guy Sergio has all of Vanessa emails and said he would process the deposit. So hopefully everything will be sorted out by tomorrow. Now I just gotta check with my CC company that it wasn't processed twice...just in case. I just hope my date and time is still available and everything works out. I need I confirm my ceremony & reception locations. Totally stressful.

Edited by aborgesbride

Leslie,

thanks!!

Amanda

Hi Amanda!! :)

For the sound system, you don't need to bring anything other than your ipod.  They had all necessary wires and such.  No stress!! 

For the extra hour of reception, I believe it was $100 plus $12/per person for the waiter service.  We were a total of 16.  I didnt care how much it cost at that point in time as we were having SUCH an amazing time!!  It was worth every penny and we have no regrets!!  The waiter service was really worth it!!  They were always around (more than one waiter) and we made them work hard by getting round of shots over and over again.  They were also very prompt with bringing out drinks...it was great!! Im also glad we paid for this vs. having our guests go inside and wait at the bar for a drink.  I think this would have split people up and would not have made for the same ambiance.  

For the napkins, my mother made them and also made the table runner.  Our colors were fuschia and orange...my mother made them in fuschia and it added a nice pop of color to the table.  We were all sitting at one table together (rectangular) which made for a nice ambiance.

Let me know if you have any other questions...I'd be glad to help!! :)

Leslie

@@MrsSheppardToBe

Thanks so much for your help and info. Because I had sent my deposit in weeks ago...no replies then finally about a week ago Vanessa replied that they were gonna process the deposit and send me confirmation as soon as it went through....well I never got anything back....tried emailing but nothing. So I took your advice and called my TA...he found out the Ana & Vanessa no longer work there????? What!!!!!!! Omg honestly, most stressful few weeks ever. So this other guy Sergio has all of Vanessa emails and said he would process the deposit. So hopefully everything will be sorted out by tomorrow. Now I just gotta check with my CC company that it wasn't processed twice...just in case. I just hope my date and time is still available and everything works out. I need I confirm my ceremony & reception locations. Totally stressful.

Wow!! Im completely shocked!! I really have a hard time understanding why they would no longer work there??!!  Weird!! Don't worry...Im sure someone will pick up where they left off.  I remember when we sent the deposit, I did not receive confirmation for a few weeks.  Then I emailed them to inquire and they sent the confirmation.  

I know theyre not too good with the email communication thing.  Been there!! I honnestly don't understand why it took so long for them to answer emails.  While we were there, everytime I would walk by their office (which was often as our room as in that direction), they were always in front of their computer typing away.  Even late during the evenings, they were still there.  

Hi Amanda!! :)

For the sound system, you don't need to bring anything other than your ipod.  They had all necessary wires and such.  No stress!! 

For the extra hour of reception, I believe it was $100 plus $12/per person for the waiter service.  We were a total of 16.  I didnt care how much it cost at that point in time as we were having SUCH an amazing time!!  It was worth every penny and we have no regrets!!  The waiter service was really worth it!!  They were always around (more than one waiter) and we made them work hard by getting round of shots over and over again.  They were also very prompt with bringing out drinks...it was great!! Im also glad we paid for this vs. having our guests go inside and wait at the bar for a drink.  I think this would have split people up and would not have made for the same ambiance.  

For the napkins, my mother made them and also made the table runner.  Our colors were fuschia and orange...my mother made them in fuschia and it added a nice pop of color to the table.  We were all sitting at one table together (rectangular) which made for a nice ambiance.

Let me know if you have any other questions...I'd be glad to help!! :)

Leslie

Wow!! Im completely shocked!! I really have a hard time understanding why they would no longer work there??!!  Weird!! Don't worry...Im sure someone will pick up where they left off.  I remember when we sent the deposit, I did not receive confirmation for a few weeks.  Then I emailed them to inquire and they sent the confirmation.  

I know theyre not too good with the email communication thing.  Been there!! I honnestly don't understand why it took so long for them to answer emails.  While we were there, everytime I would walk by their office (which was often as our room as in that direction), they were always in front of their computer typing away.  Even late during the evenings, they were still there.  

Yeah I know!  Sometimes I'll get an email from them at like 8pm my time, and I'm 3 hours behind them... so it's like 11pm their time!  Crazy!

Kinda shocked that Ana and Vanessa are no longer there... they were my main contact people! :(

But I will not freak out and I will listen to Leslie and trust that my wedding will still be AMAZING.

Yeah I know!  Sometimes I'll get an email from them at like 8pm my time, and I'm 3 hours behind them... so it's like 11pm their time!  Crazy!

Kinda shocked that Ana and Vanessa are no longer there... they were my main contact people! :(

But I will not freak out and I will listen to Leslie and trust that my wedding will still be AMAZING.

Yes Jenna...I'm sure that whoever is taking over for Ana and Vanessa will be equally amazing and your wedding will be perfect!!  :)  

• Like 1

@@MrsSheppardToBe

Yes don't freak out! Its all going to be great no matter who is coordinating! I mean really who knows if they're really gone for good, or maybe he meant they're on vacation? I dunno.

Supposed to get my confirmation today, so fingers crossed I can get it all settled & finally get all the major details settled with the resort...like reception & ceremony locale. :unsure:

I'll let you know what happens & who sends me the details...I do know that this Sergio guy, had all of my emails I sent to vanesa, so try not to worry!

P.S. are you gonna do your hair & makeup with the resort salon???

@@Leslied

You really did ease a lot of my worries though! soo relieved I don't have to worry about what wires to bring etc etc! Getting very excited, your wedding sounded exactly how I hope mine turns out. A super fun party with friends & fam!

Ya I never thought of bringing napkins...duh loll but that's a great way to add the pop of colour....im doing peach & gold & creams.

Your napkins & table runners sound beautiful! wish I could sew loll!

have a good day ladies!

@@MrsSheppardToBe

Yes don't freak out! Its all going to be great no matter who is coordinating! I mean really who knows if they're really gone for good, or maybe he meant they're on vacation? I dunno.

Supposed to get my confirmation today, so fingers crossed I can get it all settled & finally get all the major details settled with the resort...like reception & ceremony locale. :unsure:

I'll let you know what happens & who sends me the details...I do know that this Sergio guy, had all of my emails I sent to vanesa, so try not to worry!

P.S. are you gonna do your hair & makeup with the resort salon???

@@Leslied

You really did ease a lot of my worries though! soo relieved I don't have to worry about what wires to bring etc etc! Getting very excited, your wedding sounded exactly how I hope mine turns out. A super fun party with friends & fam!

Ya I never thought of bringing napkins...duh loll but that's a great way to add the pop of colour....im doing peach & gold & creams.

Your napkins & table runners sound beautiful! wish I could sew loll!

have a good day ladies!

I hope you do get your confirmation soon, I remember being so stressed not knowing if I was going to get the date/venues that I wanted! What venues did you choose for your ceremony and reception?

And yes I am getting my hair and makeup done at the resort salon. I'm not using any outside vendors so I'll save a lot of $ on vendor fees and I feel like it's much less stress since everything is at the resort.

I hope you do get your confirmation soon, I remember being so stressed not knowing if I was going to get the date/venues that I wanted! What venues did you choose for your ceremony and reception?

And yes I am getting my hair and makeup done at the resort salon. I'm not using any outside vendors so I'll save a lot of $ on vendor fees and I feel like it's much less stress since everything is at the resort.

I want to have the ceremony & reception on the terrace..So im kinda stressing a little...I just want all that stuff confirmed, so I can relax for the rest of the details.

fingers crossed I can get it all locked down before june rolls around.

Ya its much easier just using the resort vendors, I agree.

Im debating on using the resort salon to do hair & make up....im a bit picky, but I then I think it could totally be a disaster if I do my hair myself loll so im on the fence. I wish there was more pictures of brides that have had their hair done at the resort salon!

You'll have to send me some pics when you come back from your wedding! Its sooo soon!