Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

Hi Ladies,

I am leaving Sunday for my wedding next week at OCT and they are forecasting rain almost all week!!!!!!!!!! How was the weather when past brides have been there?  I hope the forecast changers!

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

Hello ladies!!

My name is Shanna and I am currently planning my 1 year anniversary trip! :)  My husband and I were married at Sun Palace in Cancun on Nov 23, 2012!  I have seen this resort on here multiple times and I am considering it for our anniversary trip! 

Can you ladies help me out with questions about the resort itself?

Is the "privilage" really worth it?

Is there a section of the resort you should/ shouldn't stay at?  I know we want an ocean view room!

How is the food?  Any restaurants that you HAVE to go to or should stay away from?

How are the bars?  Good alcohol and beer?

Is there nightlife at all?

How is the beach/ ocean?  Is the seaweed a major problem?

Has anyone gone off the resort to do a tour or park at all?  How far away is Xel-ha or Xcaret from this resort?

Thanks ladies and I hope everyone's wedding planning is going well! :)

Hi there,

We stayed privilege, and most of our guests stayed in regular rooms. We loved privilege! They treat you to priority check-in, butler service the whole time you're there, free t-shirts, wine and fruit when we arrived, robes, beach towels (we never had to use the towel service at the pools), private Privilege lounge with beachfront bar/restaurant, priority reservations at ala carte restaurants, private La Petit Creperie restaurant, better rooms, pillow menu, extended room service menu, etc. It really felt like we were on top of the world. :)

The Japanese restaurant is very good. I haven't been to any other all-inclusives, so I can't really compare.

If you stay privilege, you get better liquor, which is definitely a bonus. The pool bar is where most of the action is during the day and at night. They often had live bands, a DJ or other entertainment going on.

I didn't find seaweed to be a major problem at all. The staff goes through twice a day to clean it up.

We did several excursions. Deep-sea fishing, a shopping trip to Playa del Carmen, a day-long catamaran boat tour out of Cancun (soo much fun!), snorkeling from the hotel, and a zipline/ATV/cenote half day excursion. 

Hi everyone I am getting married here In two weeks. Planning has been an absolute disaster and I wish I had the option to go somewhere else. I have a total of 54 guests coming and I have tried for 5 months to get a response to plan my wedding. My travel agent has also had a very hard time with them. I was originally dealing with Ana who was awful. She denied all contact with me for a year and would not reply or return voice mails or emails. I got Ana on the phone once about a month ago and spent about an hour planning our wedding. She was suppose to set me up with a dj so I could discuss with them what I wanted. After two and a half weeks with nothing and then having to call the resort 5 times I finally got someone on the phone. My wedding was transferred to Cynthia and was told Ana would no longer be dealing with my wedding. Best of all everything that I had planned with Ana was apparently not done. 17 days away from my wedding I learn nothing has been done !!! I am so disappointed with this place and I have not even arrived. I really hope they can pull there stuff together by the time I arrive with all my guests. Wish I could have taken this money elsewhere
Hi... I feel your frustration. We were in the same situation and never got responses up to the day before we left. We were married 2 weeks ago and spent about 8 hours with Ana the day we arrived to finally plan everything. not ideal but it did all work out and was a beautiful wedding. Good luck ;)

Awesome thank you very much!! So it sounds like paying for the extra is worth it then! I will need to decide our budget to see if we can afford the priviledge! :)

Originally Posted by lbaker View Post

Hi there,

We stayed privilege, and most of our guests stayed in regular rooms. We loved privilege! They treat you to priority check-in, butler service the whole time you're there, free t-shirts, wine and fruit when we arrived, robes, beach towels (we never had to use the towel service at the pools), private Privilege lounge with beachfront bar/restaurant, priority reservations at ala carte restaurants, private La Petit Creperie restaurant, better rooms, pillow menu, extended room service menu, etc. It really felt like we were on top of the world. :)

The Japanese restaurant is very good. I haven't been to any other all-inclusives, so I can't really compare.

If you stay privilege, you get better liquor, which is definitely a bonus. The pool bar is where most of the action is during the day and at night. They often had live bands, a DJ or other entertainment going on.

I didn't find seaweed to be a major problem at all. The staff goes through twice a day to clean it up.

We did several excursions. Deep-sea fishing, a shopping trip to Playa del Carmen, a day-long catamaran boat tour out of Cancun (soo much fun!), snorkeling from the hotel, and a zipline/ATV/cenote half day excursion. 

Originally Posted by hardt22 View Post

Hi everyone

I am getting married here In two weeks. Planning has been an absolute disaster and I wish I had the option to go somewhere else. I have a total of 54 guests coming and I have tried for 5 months to get a response to plan my wedding. My travel agent has also had a very hard time with them. I was originally dealing with Ana who was awful. She denied all contact with me for a year and would not reply or return voice mails or emails. I got Ana on the phone once about a month ago and spent about an hour planning our wedding. She was suppose to set me up with a dj so I could discuss with them what I wanted. After two and a half weeks with nothing and then having to call the resort 5 times I finally got someone on the phone. My wedding was transferred to Cynthia and was told Ana would no longer be dealing with my wedding. Best of all everything that I had planned with Ana was apparently not done. 17 days away from my wedding I learn nothing has been done !!! I am so disappointed with this place and I have not even arrived. I really hope they can pull there stuff together by the time I arrive with all my guests. Wish I could have taken this money elsewhere

hardt22, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with Ana at the Ocean Coral/Turquesa. I have dealt with her before, she does take a few days to reply but she always does.It was actually for a wedding which took place last week! I know the wedding coordinators are extremely busy setting up weddings and organizing them but that is still not an excuse for poor customer service.

I hope that everything goes smoothly from here on out with Cynthia, for your sake. Best of wishes to you!

-Jill Tran

Hi Beachbride5555!  

I'm getting married on June 8 and I'm still trying to pick a photographer.. I have it narrowed down to Dean Sanderson and Sascha Gluck.  Were you happy with Dean Sanderson?  Any chance you could send me a few pics - jclarkson701@gmail.com. 

If you are looking for a fantastic photographer, I recommend Gonzalo Nunez. He is friendly, professional, responds quickly to requests, and his rate is very reasonable.  He was absolutely amazing to work with on our wedding day (plus he really helped brighten our spirits on a damp wedding day) Here are a few shots from him...

Hello Again Everyone,

My fiance and I are getting excited (and nervous) about pulling everything together for our May 25th wedding.  Unfortunately I don't have much to add to the recent questions being posed but I do have a few more questions for prospective or past couples.

1) As mentioned our wedding date is May 25th so if anyone is getting married around that time let me know, maybe we can coordinate lights and/or decorations to some degree.  

2) We have a good amount of stuff to bring with us such as gift bags, centerpieces, decorations...etc.  The resort reply about shipping things out there ahead of time was not very helpful.  Does anyone have any practical experience with shipping stuff to the resort they can provide?  How long it takes?  And the resort said something about a fee to pick up the packages from the customer office.. did they mean customs? or some form of fee to have the resort hold things on our behalf?

3) Does anyone know if the resort has lights to provide for the reception at all?  We're interested in some paper globe type lights for the reception, but would rather not ship/bring them.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Well Ladies - T-minus 18hrs and we are on that plane!!!  I was introduced by Ana to Claudia about two weeks ago and the responses have been very quick and helpful.  My experience so far was a little frustrating in the beginning but i'm very happy with the amount of communication we have had recently.  I'll let you know how everything works out!   I'm so excited for this amazing adventure!