Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

Leahbecker. I had to choose 2 menus for the tasting we will have the day after we arrive and then we will have to choose our official menu. I have already told Ana what I would like for flowers, and the cake I will choose once I have arrived. I can't believe how quickly time is passing by now. Crazy excited! Mostly the last minute to do's are my own. Meaning I will do them before leaving Canada. Ana has become more available to me now that the wedding is so close which is great, but it does still take on average a couple days for her to respond. I was warned by destination wedding planner here in Canada that it does take time to respond as they often do not check there emails daily. After reading all the reviews etc.. Over the passing months I am confident that everything will go well! I will post a review upon our return but we are staying for a week after the wedding week for our honey moon so probably won't be until February. Any other questions feel free to ask!

Danitree - I bet the checklists and to-do's are making your head swim at this point!  Quick question for you...how far in advance will you be there before your wedding day?  I asked Ana about a tasting and she told me we could only do it if we were there 5days in advance.  I keep finding all sorts of inconsistencies between what Brides are telling me on the forum and what Ana is telling me....just curious!  Goodluck with all of your lastminute stuff and safe travels!

Does anybody know if there are dress codes for the OCT restaurants?

Also, I would love some input on how you ladies are planning your wedding ceremonies. We are having a symbolic ceremony on the lobby terrace there on January 19 (we're going to the courthouse today for the legal ceremony!), and I need to pull together a program yet. Your help is appreciated.

ajhutch- I arrive to Mexico early in the day on January 6th, we meet with Ana my fiancé myself and our witnesses on the 7th for meeting witnesses sign documents myself and my fiancé have our blood tests done, on the 7th at noon we have our tasting, our wedding day is January 10th. And yes the last minute to do's definetely have my head in circles! Ha ha but so excited can't wait! Ibaker- as far as I can tell there is only dress codes for the Italian and Japanese restaurants. If you go to the hotel website and click each restaurant individually it gives you the dress code. The only dress code I have found is for those 2 restaurants no shorts or flip flops for women and long pants and closed shoes for men. That being said a friend of mine who is a much more seasoned traveller than myself said often times even if there is no dress code for restaurants when you arrive there may be a sign posted outside of ten restaurant entrance saying no flip flops. Hope that helps!

Ibaker- also my ceremony will be legal and will take place on the beach at 2:00 pm our reception will be on the lobby terrace at 6:00 pm, it seems like a long break I between but will give us and our guests a chance to grab a drink cool off etc.. Plus we wanted time right after the ceremony for group and family photos and then we will have our romantic photos done together closer to sun set, hoping to get some sunset photos as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by kimandsky View Post

Hi Everyone!  So we about 2 1/2 months away from our wedding and the only thing we have gotten from OCT is confirmation about our date and legal ceremony.  I have requested info about what comes with the Paradise Package, how to book the DJ, options for welcome dinner, cocktail hour, and what options are available for flowers, centerpieces, reception locations etc and nothing.  I know they are busy with multiple weddings a day, but is it normal that we haven't gotten anything with 2 1/2 months to go?  Any advice would be great!  Paula is our wedding coordinator. 

Thanks!

Kim

Hi, Kimdansky:

I am getting married at the OCT in May, and I am in the same situation as you are -- I haven't received very much information from the resort about weddings there.  Angelica is our WC.  My emails go unanswered, and when they are answered, it is in very stilted English, she doesn't provide the info I requested, and I really don't understand what Angelica is saying (she probably doesn't understand  my questions, either!)  That makes me nervous, I never thought the communication barrier would be that bad at a resort of this type.  I would love to see their literature/brochures, etc for everything wedding-related so that we can begin to finalize plans.  I hate waiting until the last minute. You are even closer to your wedding date without much contact from the resort  (scary!).  If anyone does have the forms, I would love to see them, would you please post somehow so that i could open them?

I know that QueenBennet, in post # 1722 posted 3 forms for you to look at.  That was very nice of her to do -- were you able to open the 3 attachments?  I tried to open them, but was denied access since I did not pay the $30 fee to become a bonafide member of BDW, or contributed at least 50 posts to this forum.  I can't afford to pay a $30 fee, I am saving every dime for the wedding.   Since I am relatively new to BDW, I haven't made at least 50 posts yet, and will probably never reach that goal.

Like you, I would like as much written info on the weddings at OCT also, and hope that somewhere in this thread or other threads, I can scrape up the info that I am seeking, since it obviously is not going to be provided by OCT.  I am stunned that you are so close to your wedding date, and they really haven't contacted you yet!!! 

This forum has been a terrfic help with all the tips and other info I have collected on OCT so far.  But I still need more info, too.  Lets hope that someone posts that information in a format that even non-paying members (or newer members with under 50-posts) can open.  If/when I get anything from OCT, I shall forward it to you, and hope you will do likewise.  My email address is acd8809@yahoo.com.

Good luck to you and all the OCT brides out there!  I feel like I am just drifting around alone out here...

acd8809@yahoo.com