Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

Thanks Abby for the fabulous review!  We are booked with Juan Navarro as our photographer as well!!!!  We are so excited and love the effects he does with his pictures!  

@clair20 & JCCP62212-  Hi and welcome to the forum! Did you email Ana Bautista (she is the WC at the resort) She takes awhile to get a hold of but she does return all of her emails. PM me for her email.  I am not sure if we can post that on here. Picking a package would probably be the first thing I would start thinking about. Decide on the ceremony and reception location and book your photographer quick as they book up quickly!  Do not even think about the outside vendor fee and day pass as being an issue. . . .BELIEVE ME, and everyone else on here when they tell you that their photographers are amateur at best.  My fiancé and I were not impressed at all. The outside vendor fee and day pass are worth every penny for your cherished memories.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Lots of the brides on here helped me with getting package/menu/decoration info etc. 

BTW OCT BRIDES, my fiancé and I just booked out videographer and decided to go with PlayaWeddngs Videographer Paul Schrank.. .his videos are amazing.  Here is a link to check out his work: http://www.playaweddings.com/  We were so impressed!  We booked him for 8 hours. We are even more excited for our big day and I didn't even think that was possible! 

My schedule was:

12:30 pm - 1:00 pm

Quick Lunch

1:00 pm - 3:00 pm

Hair and Make-Up for the Bride

3:00 pm - 4:00pm

Getting Ready/Getting Ready Photos

4:00 pm - 4:30 pm

Wedding Ceremony on the Lobby Terrace

4:30 pm - 6:30 pm

Wedding Photos/Cocktail Hour for Guests

6:30 pm - 9:30 pm

Wedding Reception

After the reception, there was karaoke in the lobby followed by beach party!! I got to party on the beach in my wedding dress!! They set up a sound system and a bar down there! Super cool!

Thank you so much for your great review!  It's awesome to have one that's so recent! 

Originally Posted by Abby V View Post

Hey gals! I posted a review for you all in thanks for all of my questions that were answered by this forum. I've included pictures of our wedding in the lobby terrace since I was unable to find any pictures of actual weddings held there. Keep in mind that we did not opt for any additional decor besides chairbows and the Moroccan lanters, which we brought along with us. You can purchase flowers for the arch which look beautiful, but I didn't want to spend the additional $400.00 for it. Here is the link to the review:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/ocean-coral-turquesa-all-inclusive/reviews/5763

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. My email is abby_villeneuve7@hotmail.com. We were there for 17 days, so I'm fairly acquainted with the resort. Also, I have over 1000 pictures of our wedding and a few of the resort, so if you would like to see more, please don't hesitate to ask!

cheesy.gif

Great pictures!  Such a nice wedding and you looked beautiful!  I'm also getting married on the Lobby Terrace and I'm wondering how windy did you find it during your ceremony/reception?

I just posted a bunch of pics of the wedding day on my profile for everyone. Enjoy =D

Wheew...I just went through 100 and some odd pages of this thread.  Skimmed mostly, but wow, what a bunch of great insight and advice!

I just confirmed my contract and I'm getting married here on 12-12-12!  Flying with Transat Holidays.

The most difficult part is over of selecting and committing to the resort, so now onto the fun part!  I haven't decided on location for the ceremony or reception yet, so if anyone has any photos to share, please email me or send me a link to your gallery.  I'm still a bit skeptical about this resort because of the lack of information you can find online (vs other big name brands like the Gran Bahia, Now, Dreams, etc.) but it has come highly recommended by my TA so I decided to take a chance...

Any info you can pass along would be fantastic.  =( I don't have enough "points" to download the attachments in this thread so I am at a bit of a disadvantage.

Hi OTC Brides!!  After months of 'stalking' this forum, I thought I'd join-in on the fun! : )

I just received confirmation...my wedding will be 12/13/12 (so I'll see you there, PRESHRUNKEN!!).  We're doing a week with all of the guests at OTC (estimating 30-40 people), then we're transferring over to El Dorado Royale for a two week honeymoon.  I may never come back home after 3 weeks of paradise! : )

Just wanted to say a huge 'thank you' to past and future OTC brides who have taken the time to post in this forum...opinions, info on wedding day schedule, pics and info that have come from Ana, pics from your actual weddings...you all made the decision to go with OTC a no-brainer!

That's all for now...just wanted to introduce myself!

Hi Abby V - your writeups are SO helpful, thanks. I'm JUST in the planning process, was offered great travel packages from Toronto and Vancouver for both OCT and Barcelo Maya Tropical -- but Barcelo looks TOO enormous....

I may have up to like 70 guests travelling for our wedidng -- do you think OCT is a good place for that big a grroup? I"m glad you mentioned lots to do at night because i've read a few unfavorable reviews about nightlife since there's not technically a "disco" on site.

Any negatives overall to the resort? how big was your group who went with you?

Let me know any advice!!!

Hey gals! I posted a review for you all in thanks for all of my questions that were answered by this forum. I've included pictures of our wedding in the lobby terrace since I was unable to find any pictures of actual weddings held there. Keep in mind that we did not opt for any additional decor besides chairbows and the Moroccan lanters, which we brought along with us. You can purchase flowers for the arch which look beautiful, but I didn't want to spend the additional $400.00 for it. Here is the link to the review:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/ocean-coral-turquesa-all-inclusive/reviews/5763

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. My email is abby_villeneuve7@hotmail.com. We were there for 17 days, so I'm fairly acquainted with the resort. Also, I have over 1000 pictures of our wedding and a few of the resort, so if you would like to see more, please don't hesitate to ask!

cheesy.gif