Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

You could probably fit 9 people, but it could be really tight especially when people are eating.  Can the hotel get you 10 person tables?  You could probably have 9 people seated at it comfortably.

I hope you're right about the rectangular table...I'd love to be able to do 8 across.  Hopefully Ana gets back to me soon.

Originally Posted by Sandy Borie View Post

Thanks Tropic Lover!  I thought 8 but wasn't sure.  Do you think if we really wanted to squeeze 9 at a table that would be pushing it?  Running into some table seating issues and currently I have two tables with 9 people at them. So frustrating.  I don't know about the dimensions for the long table but from looking at past pictures I think they seat 8 on each side so that would be 16 for for the whole table.  

Such a fun idea!  Your guests are going to love them!  Btw that's a really good idea to source your items out of Mexico!  Are you getting anything else made down there? Oh and are you also doing OOT bags?

I am ordering maracas from Mishka Designs (I heart her!) and they will have a tag with my guests name and table name. They serve as our table seating cards as well as fun favors/souvenirs for our guests.  They will also have a little note underneath the table card that says "Don't even think of tapping a glass, let's do this with some Mexican class.  Stand up and shake with all of your might, to see the groom kiss his bride tonight!"  I saw this early on in my wedding planning and fell in love with the idea.  Attached is a pic of the design we chose but it will be yellow maracas with pink and white design Danielle.jpg

They will be laid out in sand filled trays.  Mishka is based out of Puerto Vallarta and is sending the maracas to the resort attn to Ana so I don't have to bring these with me on plane.  

JBDandJ-  I would not do assigned seating chart if I were using the long tables but if you are using the round tables, I recommend it only because I feel like your guests will expect to look for a seating plan and then you don't want them scrambling to find seats and arranging it by themselves. I feel like it creates less confusion by telling them. For a party of 35, you can go either way.  Hope that helps. You must be soooo excited with everything being soooo close! 

Sandy 

Hey!  I have around the same amount of guests and I'm going to have their seating assigned at each table.  I've been toying with the idea of a big seating chart and I think I may do a slightly modified one.  It's probably easier on the guest if they don't have to walk in circles around the room looking for their name card.  Instead of a big poster I was thinking of finding some elegant picture frames (5" x 7x") and each one would list the guests name for that table.  I would have them sit on the Guest Book table so as people arrive to the Reception they will see it right away.

Originally Posted by JBandDJ View Post

Speaking of seating plans.....how are you telling your guests where their seat is?  I do have name cards for their actual spot but I was wondering if I need to do a poster of some sort(35 guests)???

@TropicLover-  Right now, the maracas are the only thing I am having done in Mexico. I plan on only bringing my fans (oriental trading), and my menu cards.  I am going back and forth with the OOT bags.  They seem like such a hassle and after pricing things out, it can get very expensive (we have 50 guests coming). I was thinking of doing something like a small gift and hand written letter thanking them for coming out. I don't know.

Nice!  I'm bringing some fans down too!  I don't want anyone melting during the ceremony msnwink.gif

I totally know what you mean about the OOT bags...they can get super expensive especially as your guest list grows.  In all honesty I think your guests will be happy will a nice note and something small.  To be honest I never heard of an OOT bag until this forum, lol.

I've looked at a lot of OOT's bags done on BDW and with the right amount of effort they look great.  Personally I think some of the items that go into the bag are a little useless...how many people need a sewing kit when most resorts have one in the room?  And do people really need a flip flop shaped key chain, pad of paper or a Mexico t-shirt?  I guess you have to evaluate the type of guests you have coming and see what is most suitable for them. 

We're doing something small as well.  We'll have a nice gift bag with a welcome note, small snack (like personalized Hershey kisses, they would be diy-d) and a double walled tumbler and that's it.  The tumbler is our most expensive item ($5 each) and the only reason I included it is because I find the plastic cups at the resort create so much waste.  If our guests were more experienced with an all-inclusive resort then I would skip the tumbler because most guests would probably bring one of their own.

@TropicLover-  Right now, the maracas are the only thing I am having done in Mexico. I plan on only bringing my fans (oriental trading), and my menu cards.  I am going back and forth with the OOT bags.  They seem like such a hassle and after pricing things out, it can get very expensive (we have 50 guests coming). I was thinking of doing something like a small gift and hand written letter thanking them for coming out. I don't know.

Oh good point on the corking!  $5 per bottle is not that much either.  Thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted by AnaS View Post

I did not like the house wine at all... considered it undrinkable... Sorry!

I am planning on buying wine from Walmart and paying the corkage fee (I think it is $5 per bottle)

@LeahBecker- I plan on wearing my hair down in soft curls but with the wind, I am a bit worried.  I haven't heard anything about the resort salon.  Sorry. undecided.gif

Are any of you guys going with a videographer???  My fiancé and I feel like we might of overlooked not booking one. Everyone keeps telling us what a big mistake it is not to get it on video.  My photographer recommended Mike Canterell. If anyone is going with a videographer, please let me know who you're going with and if you know anything about Mike Canterell. Thanks!