Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

Hey Ladies! I'm wondering if anyone has decided on which package you are going with at the resort. We have 54 ppl booked so far, and I think we'll have about 60 coming by the wedding next March. We definitely want a private reception, but am finding it hard to decide on a package and what would be the most cost efficient?? Any input you may have would be appreciated!

One option that I didnt realize was avaible was the option to do the dinner at the a la carte and then a private reception after the dinner. This definitly was a bit more cost effiecient. I am going with the sunset package, but I only have 26 guests so far, cause that package only includes 20 guests then its 25$ per person more.

Originally Posted by AwayWeGo View Post

Hey Ladies! I'm wondering if anyone has decided on which package you are going with at the resort. We have 54 ppl booked so far, and I think we'll have about 60 coming by the wedding next March. We definitely want a private reception, but am finding it hard to decide on a package and what would be the most cost efficient?? Any input you may have would be appreciated!

Wow 54 people!  You guys are going to have a blast!  Most of our guests have booked and others will book closer to the date so I think it's safe to say that we'll have about 35.  With that said we're going to go with the Paradise Package which is based on 40 people. If we have less than 40 then I'll ask the hotel to back calculate the amount for 5 guests and I'll use that money towards something else.  Same goes for the legal wedding fees as they're already part of the package price...if you're doing a symbolic ceremony you easily save $1160 on the package.  Although I should add that you'll need to use that money towards another wedding item...centrepieces, appitizers, tiffany chairs...the possibilities are endless cheesy.gif

Originally Posted by AwayWeGo View Post

@Sandy, we'll have the hotel set us up with an officiant.  I'm wondering if it's a staff member or even Ana!  Lol that would be awesome, haha.  I'm really not too picky on who does it as long as they can speak clearly, I'm happy. 

When you were watching the weddings on your holiday was the music through the speakers loud enough during the ceremony?  I'm just wondering if they use decent ones that everyone can hear though the wind and the waves from the ocean.

Originally Posted by Sandy Borie View Post

I absolutely love the idea of writing them together and having the officiant have us repeat them. I am running that by my fiancee. We are also having a symbolic wedding. I originally was going to have my brother officiate the ceremony but I think thAt would entail him getting ordained or something. Are you guys having the resort set you up with a officiant? We are using the Israel version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. It's so pretty. Thanks about the song Yellow. It's my fav song and I'm a huge coldplay fan so it's a win win. cheesy.gif

@Countrybride, that is a good option!  Then you can have a great 3 hours of dancing the night away without spending them on dinner!

Originally Posted by countrybride View Post

One option that I didnt realize was avaible was the option to do the dinner at the a la carte and then a private reception after the dinner. This definitly was a bit more cost effiecient. I am going with the sunset package, but I only have 26 guests so far, cause that package only includes 20 guests then its 25$ per person more.

Exactly! And the villa marina (the caribean a la carte) has an outside eating option and part of  the restuarant is open to outside so you could still get the feeling of the outdoor dinner without have to pay for that many people at a private reception dinner. We thought this was a great idea for us. You can also rent their stereo/speakers but I think I may just bring my ipod/dock/

Originally Posted by TropicLover View Post

@Countrybride, that is a good option!  Then you can have a great 3 hours of dancing the night away without spending them on dinner!

@ TropicLover:

Do you know that for a fact that you would obtaoin $1,160 savings by doing just symbolic ceremony or is it just your assumption? I am not doing a ceremony at all at the resort (going to the Puerto Morelos Chappel) and the discount they gave me is much lower than that, so I am wandering how I could ask for more discount...LOL (I doubt that they deduct all the fees of doing legal from the package though). Thanks.

I am going with the Paradise package bc. I am estimating about 80 people. It is so strange that the cost per person increases as you have more guests. I would have guessed the opposite. Has any of you asked Ana about that?

@AnaS, take a look at Paradise package details.  It says it includes:

• Justice of the peace, Marriage License, Legal Fees, Blood test (legal documents issued in Spanish)

Then flip to the Optional Upgrade Services page and look at the fees associated with the above.  You might want to double check with the hotel, but if you add everything up it should be a decent amount.

I'm not really sure how the price per guest works out.  Maybe more guests mean more waiter staff?  Or I wonder if the menu options vary between each package?

@TropicLover: Thanks for this. I will check with Ana. Your point makes sense. They should be able to give me the full disocunt for all the services I am not using.

The wait staff makes sense because the menu options are the same regardless of the package as per the file that I received form Ana. I did not decide on the package at the time I received the menu options from her.