Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

Hi Kristen, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!!

I'm getting married Nov 16/11 - 3 months to go!

We decided to have our supper at the Villa Marina, which has an outdoor section next to the pool. Our reception (speeches, 1st dances + party) will happen on the upper Terrace. Ana said we can play our own music until 12midnight and then I heard the lounge by the pool plays music till 1am.

We didn't choose the Mexican restaurant because I'm sure our guests will eat there regularily and we liked the 'outside' option of the Villa Marina without the price of an 'outdoor terrace reception'. We are still being charged for the Terrace, and we pay for a waiter for 3 hours, but I'm sure we would have tipped someone to keep coming back anyways.

Hope this helps!

Genevieve

Originally Posted by countrybride View Post

Hello Everyone.

I am getting married at OCT on Nov 30/11 coming very quickly. Just had a question about if any one has heard where is a better choice for the a la carte meal. We are doingthis for our reception between the Caribean and the mexican a la carte.

Good luck planning your weddings.

Thanks Kristen.

Perfect thanks Genieve. I like the idea of the out door option of the villa marina. I am going to have to look into that. November seems like ages away for ever then all of a sudden its 3 months away! Congrats! Have you herd anything regarding language barrier and the hair stylist at the resort? I have heard at other resorts this can be a problem! I think I'll bring lots of pictures. Have you been to this resort before?

I have never been to this resort before, but I have had friends go there on vacation. They said they loved the resort! One of our guests is a hairdresser and she'll be doing our hair, so I haven't really looked into the options at the resort. I think I remember reading somewhere that there is a little bit of a language barrier, but lots of pictures definetly help!

Are you planning on having your ceremony on the beach?

To all other OCT brides - are you planning on having centerpieces? They want to charge $25 per centerpiece for a small square vase and a few flowers!!! Not something I want to spend too much $$ on!

Originally Posted by countrybride View Post

Perfect thanks Genieve. I like the idea of the out door option of the villa marina. I am going to have to look into that. November seems like ages away for ever then all of a sudden its 3 months away! Congrats! Have you herd anything regarding language barrier and the hair stylist at the resort? I have heard at other resorts this can be a problem! I think I'll bring lots of pictures. Have you been to this resort before?

@Chambers2011, I haven't heard back on the centerpiece pricing although I've been distracted with getting our deposit bookings in.  24 booked so far + bride & groom!

$25 for a small square vase is a little steep.  What type of flowers are included?  I wonder if the cost would go down if you just paid for the flowers and supplied the vase.  I'm sure you could get something reasonable at Ikea.

I just found a picture of a centerpiece I love!  I posted the inspiration picture below - we'd do everything except the crystals.  My FI and I want a bit of a natural/enchanting vibe.  At first all I could think of is twigs and lights (lol) so when I finally saw this picture it really summed up what we're going for.  We're not sure how high or low to go with these things.  I wouldn't want it to block people at the table and on the other hand I don't want it towering too high.  And I'm not even sure the hotel would be able to get these fake trees, lol.  I may need to pack them in an extra suitcase.

So with the small vase being $25 I'm kind of scared what these bad boys would cost wacko.gif

Centrepiece.jpg

Originally Posted by Chambers2011 View Post

I have never been to this resort before, but I have had friends go there on vacation. They said they loved the resort! One of our guests is a hairdresser and she'll be doing our hair, so I haven't really looked into the options at the resort. I think I remember reading somewhere that there is a little bit of a language barrier, but lots of pictures definetly help!

To all other OCT brides - are you planning on having centerpieces? They want to charge $25 per centerpiece for a small square vase and a few flowers!!! Not something I want to spend too much $$ on!

Yes were doing the beach ceremony. What about you? I looked at the pictures of the roof top terrace and it looks beautiful but I think Im just having a hard time picturing my ceremony there with out seeing it.

Originally Posted by Chambers2011 View Post

Hi everyone,

I am making my own centerpieces. My color is green and I will use limes to make most of the centerpiece. I will also put little candles around the centerpiece and green flower confetti sprinkled on the table. My inspiation for the centerpiece is a picture I found online. I will use limes instead of lemons and white flowers. I saw the vase at Michaels for $5. I am hoping I will find a similar one at the Walmart in Cancun for same or less and keep the whole cost for a table decoration below $10. Will probably get the flowers and greenery the day before at Walmart or at a florist. What do you guys think. I am looking for ideas :)

lemon centerpiece.bmp

There is a second place where ceremony can take place other than the lobby terrace. Please find pictures below. You can have the wedding set up in the middle or on one side and use the second side for a cocktail after the ceremony. This is the place I would have used if I had my wedding ceremony at the resort (I am getting married in the town church).

IMG_5132.JPG

Happy planning!

Hi AnaS,

What a great centrepiece idea!  I love that you'll be using limes...green and white are my main wedding colours cheesy.gif.  I think the ones you've chosen will really make your tables "pop" - it has a refreshing look and you get extra bonus for creativity ;-) 

So with the flowers will the hotel charge you a vendor fee because you're bringing them in? 

Also will you be putting them together or can you hand them off to Ana at the hotel?  I really don't know very much about flowers so this may sound like a dumb question, but will they last overnight without wilting from the heat? 

I like that second rooftop area too.  I think I'll utimetly need to make the final decision when I actually get to see both areas in person.

Happy planning!

Originally Posted by AnaS View Post

Hi everyone,

I am making my own centerpieces. My color is green and I will use limes to make most of the centerpiece. I will also put little candles around the centerpiece and green flower confetti sprinkled on the table. My inspiation for the centerpiece is a picture I found online. I will use limes instead of lemons and white flowers. I saw the vase at Michaels for $5. I am hoping I will find a similar one at the Walmart in Cancun for same or less and keep the whole cost for a table decoration below $10. Will probably get the flowers and greenery the day before at Walmart or at a florist. What do you guys think. I am looking for ideas :)

lemon centerpiece.bmp

There is a second place where ceremony can take place other than the lobby terrace. Please find pictures below. You can have the wedding set up in the middle or on one side and use the second side for a cocktail after the ceremony. This is the place I would have used if I had my wedding ceremony at the resort (I am getting married in the town church).

IMG_5132.JPG

Happy planning!

@TropicLover:

Thank you for the encouragement! My fiancee thinks I am taking on too much, but I rather do some work than have no centerpiece. (need to cut some costs and thought this is an easy one)

I do not think they will charge me a fee since I am not bringing in a vendor but only flowers. I asked Ana if I can bring my own centerpieces and she said that I can. I will have to make them on my own and give them to Ana once they are done. I will be putting them together the morning of with the help of my mother and sister (I will probably have to make 10 or so which is not too bad. I do not expect it will take more than 1hr-1.5hr).

I am sure flowers will be fine for one day. I will get them the ebvening before the wedding day and will keep them in air conditioned till the reception time. Getting the flowers from a florist probably would help since they may be able to help with recommendations on what flowers hold the most.

Since your colors are the same with mines, please keep me posted on what else you will be doing in terms of decoration. I will do the same :)

Happy Planning!

Hi guys,

I havent been on here in a while. I am loving all of the centerpiece ideas! I emailed Ana pictures of the centerpieces that I wanted and she told me she would get back to me with prices but I havent heard from her in awhile about it.  I am hoping they will not be expensive either or I am thinking about doing it myself.  Here is a pic of what they will look 

mail.jpegmail-1.jpeg

They will have yellow rainbow orchids inside instead because my wedding color is yellow.

Instead of the rocks at the bottom I am putting sand instead.

Let me know what you guys end up doing.  I also dont know if ana sets them up or if the florist sets them up.

Sandy 

mail.jpeg

@AnaS I'll totally keep you posted on my decorations!  Right now I have a lot of ideas, but I haven't started nailing anything down yet.  Overall my colours are green and white with touches of purple.  What about you, are you including any other colours?

The flower project sounds like it will work out smoothly.  Who knew Walmart was in Cancun?!  Lol the things I find out on this forum ;-)