Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

Hi Sandy!  For our save the dates we did DIY boarding passes!  They turned out really well, if I get a chance I'll post them.  Our invites will go out at the beginning of November...they will be a little bit more formal with an rsvp to catch our guests who have chosen to book on their own.

I've used My Publisher (the unique thank you card) when making a regular photo album for ourselves or retirement gifts, etc.  I've only made the really large books (the Deluxe) and honestly they've turned out really well....so I can only imagin that the smaller ones would be just as nice.  A good friend of mine made her wedding album through them and it turned out beautifully.

That so funny you might use a guy from Vancouver, haha.  Good luck on the photographer search, I'm sure whoever you choose will be great!

Originally Posted by Sandy Borie View Post

Hi Tropic Lover!
Wow, that thread you sent me was amazing!!! So cool. Did you use the company for invites? Brian and I have not decided but we actually might go with a photographer from Vancouver! His name is Rick Collins. His work is amazing. He was referred to us from a teacher I work with who got married in Mexico a couple of years ago. I remember seeing her pics when she got back and being blown away!!! My beau is coming home tonight so we will discuss it this weekend.

Those photos are great and very helpful.  Thank you for posting them!  My FI and I were looking at them last night and we were actually starting to visualize how the whole day would good.  I love that the pergolas are on the upper terrace.  I think that would make a great spot for cocktail hour.  I hope you have a great trip!  Speak to you soon!

I did many internet searches to find photos of different angles of this area.  I love how we can have the ceremony and cocktail hour at the top then move down to the bottom level.  I also love the idea of using the stairs for a group photo of the wedding party and all our guests.  I will make sure to take plenty of photos of all the options.  We are so looking forward to this trip.  

Hi Ladies,

We are getting married on June 2nd. I am sooo excited about this forum.

We are having the wedding ceremony at the chappel in Puerto Morelos and then the cocktail and reception on the lobby terrace at OCT.

I do not have too many details figured out but I do know I am going with Derek and Lorena from Photos in Cancun for photography. I had an engagement session taken by them when we went there for our site inspection in early July and absolutely loved the pictures. I always thought I don't look good in pictures, but those pictures are amazing. The two of them are very professional but also friendly and personable. I enjoyed chatting with them as much as I liked the photos.

Let me know if you have questions about the location. I would love to share the little knowledge I have from my visit there. I will be there again this fall so can check stuff out for poeple if you have some specific things you want to know about :)

Happy planning!

Hi AnaS!  It's great that so many people have been to are are planning on visiting OCT.  Since you're getting married in town how did you find Puerto Morelos?  I'm toying with the idea of doing some of my wedding pictures there or on the pier. 

Most of our guests will be staying as regular members instead of priviellege. I'm not sure how you stayed during your visit, but how were the a la carte restaurants.  Was it difficult to make reservations?

P.S. if you have any pictures of the terrace please post away cheesy.gif

Originally Posted by AnaS View Post

Hi Ladies,

We are getting married on June 2nd. I am sooo excited about this forum.

We are having the wedding ceremony at the chappel in Puerto Morelos and then the cocktail and reception on the lobby terrace at OCT.

I do not have too many details figured out but I do know I am going with Derek and Lorena from Photos in Cancun for photography. I had an engagement session taken by them when we went there for our site inspection in early July and absolutely loved the pictures. I always thought I don't look good in pictures, but those pictures are amazing. The two of them are very professional but also friendly and personable. I enjoyed chatting with them as much as I liked the photos.

Let me know if you have questions about the location. I would love to share the little knowledge I have from my visit there. I will be there again this fall so can check stuff out for poeple if you have some specific things you want to know about :)

Happy planning!

Hey Tropiclover, we're working with Keine Dennis at Blue Petal, I'm guessing you might be too as she mentioned she had another bride going to OCT. Small world!! Did you end up getting good rates out of Vancouver for your guests? We're stuck going during Spring Break next year as my fiance is a teacher, so it was a little higher than we wanted.

Talk soon!

Hi TropicLover,

I actually have not been in town yet. I will be visiting the town when I go back in the fall and will let you know what I think of it. The planner that is helping me with that part said the town is cute and I will like it.

When I was there last time, I did not stay as privilege member and had a great experience. The advantage of being a privilege member in my opinion is the bottled wine option at dinner. I personally did not like the house wine which is available for the regular guests. (but this may be a matter of taste).The little beach area which is exclusive for privilege members is pretty nice too, but you can have a great experienec at OCT even without access to it. I believe most of my guests will be regular members too and this is why we wanted to stay as regular guests rather than privilege guests.

There was no problem with going to the restaurants. We did not make reservations and were seated immediately without any wait. Food is good. We only stayed one day at OCT during our visit last time and only ate at the italian restaurant. Hope to have more insight after I go back in the fall.

See below a few pictures that we took of the terrace:

2x13425664.jpg

2x13425663.jpg

2x13425666.jpg

On another note, I loved the lounge area where they play music till about 1am in the morning every night. It is good to konw that exists, if you are not aware of it. It has a bar right there and I think it is a great place to end the wedding or have a little welcome gathering the night before. see a picture of it:

2x13425668.jpg

I did boarding passes STDs as well and I love them (my DIY project) and plan on doing passport invitations on my own as well.

Happy Planning!

Very small world indeed!  I'm working with Keine, she's great isn't she. 

As for rates, define good, lol.  Just kidding.  Compared to the million of other quotes I've recieved yes I would consider our rates pretty good.  I do love the hotel and the funny thing was it was only my top 5 list even before I started recieving quotes.  Sometimes things just work out. 

Spring break must be pricy?  Although I do have a handful of teacher invitees that probably wish our date was mid-March too msnwink.gif

Originally Posted by AwayWeGo View Post

Hey Tropiclover, we're working with Keine Dennis at Blue Petal, I'm guessing you might be too as she mentioned she had another bride going to OCT. Small world!! Did you end up getting good rates out of Vancouver for your guests? We're stuck going during Spring Break next year as my fiance is a teacher, so it was a little higher than we wanted.

Talk soon!

I think the are a couple of Plan B locations: there is an indoor ballroom that could work but I assume that the Marina restaurant could work as well since even if it is outside, it is covered. I am not compeltely sure that the restaurant is indeed an option but plan on discussing this with Ana when I go there this fall.

Tropic Lover, I posted a response to your questions above and also pictures of the terrace but the message was held for moderation (they said because I am new here), so hopefully it will be released soon.