Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

Sandy, bringing a photog from USA and take out 2 cameras, one big bag of accessories and  big flashes will make the resort open their eyes that that is a "guest" working.

to be honest Sascha and Juan a a good option and deal do not know why to play with a guy that are asking for a small vacations, good photographers does not ask for that, USA photog are more expensive than the ones we have here, assuming USA and local have equal or similar quality levels, this is due that live in USA is a way more expensive than live in Mexico,

Be careful with your selections, also, what you see about pictures online of an specific photog, usually looks fine, printing them is another story.

Good luck!

Ivan

Wow you're so ahead Sandy!  That's great, it's better to get a head start with everything then waiting until the last minute.  I love your welcome bag ideas!  A personal note is such a nice too...I think I'll use the idea too msnwink.gif  It might sound lame, but I'm really looking forward to putting the OOT's for our guests....I guess it's because I've never heard of them until chatting with people online. 

For your wedding are you arriving a day prior to your guests? I'm thinking of doing that only so I can have the hotel put the welcome bags in each room before they arrive.  I think that would be a nice surprise.  If I can't manage to arrive earlier I'm not sure how I'll do it.  I've heard of some brides handing them out at the welcome dinner/cocktails. Do you think that would be weird?

Originally Posted by Sandy Borie View Post

Thanks! My maid of honors dress is a soft butter-y yellow. I couldn't find that color scheme on the site though. Lol. I just went with that theme. cheesy.gif Our theme is island chic. Lots of yellow, pink and orange. Our flower arrangement is yellow rainbow orchids in those tall vases filled with water and a floating candle at the top. I sent the pic to Ana and am waiting to hear back to see if they can do it. Thanks for the advice about picking it up myself if they can't do it. They are fairly simple to make.
I have thought bout the welcome baskets, I think we are going to fill it with mini size lotions, SPF, bug spray, aloe Vera etc. We are also going to put this really cute door knob hanger that you can download from Martha Stewar.com. They are designed so that your guests can hang them on their hotel room door and they know you can find them. We are also printing out our guests room numbers so everyone knows where to find each other. Hotel info and restaurant info and excursion brochures will also be in there. I also want to write each guest a personalized thank you note to be put in their room when they arrive. I will be hitting up the dollar stores of course. Lol.

Well it's definitely a small world because I'm also using Blue Petal Destination Weddings!  Who are you working with?

The beach location looks very nice for a wedding. One of the other brides on here (Sandy) mentioned that the Coral side of the resort is the most private beach location. I think we're going to do ours on the Lobby Terrace.  I'm not 100% sure where the reception will be as we're waiting to see if we can do it in one of the restaurants and if that doesn't work out I think we'll remain on the terrace for the whole event.  I'm waiting to back on the food options, however I'm not sure if 2012 is out yet.  Have you chosen your menu items for your dinner? Or have you seen the 2011 menu?

Favors are tough one.  From all the weddings I've been too it's mostly been editable.  I've had truffles, personalized m&m's, chocolate, etc. I guess for Mexico you need to have heat friend favors.

Originally Posted by AwayWeGo View Post

Hello, I'm curious to hear what TA you're using, ours has been great as well! We've been using Blue Petal Destination Weddings, you? Ana has been great to hear from down there as well, I've been impressed so far. I'm so glad to have our guests booked, feels much better to not have to worry about who is and isn't coming, etc. I think we'll have a few people who decide to book closer to next March, some just couldn't commit so far in advance.

We'll be doing our ceremony on the beach, have always wanted to get married on the beach! And one of the terraces for a private reception as well. We've got Juan Navarro booked for our photos, I tried for Sascha Gluck, but was unfortunately booked. Juan has great pricing as well, so keeping my fingers priced!

We're in the middle of coming up with an idea for favors as well, I'd like something unique and that our guests will use again! I can't even remember what the favors have been for all the weddings I've been to over the years, lol!

I'm not overly picky on the flowers and cake, our colors are pink and turquoise, and we'll just get whatever flowers look best!

Happy Planning!

Thanks Ivan for the advice. The wedding coordinator at the hotel said if you bring your photographer as a guest there is no fee, that is why I looked into that option. Some photographers in our area especially are up and coming and are usually looking to build up their portfolio and would be open to the option buti do understand your point of view. All in all, we have decided to go with a Cancun based photographer. They know the area and know the routines of destination weddings best. We don't know which one yet. Waiting for my fiancee to get back from a trip to decide. Very excited. Both of our options look extremely professional and amazing. :-)

Wow, this forum has really picked up some.  We will be at OCT next week for our vacation/site-inspection.  While we are there, we are also taking an engagment photo session with Photos In Cancun.  We have reserved Memorial Day weekend 2012 (Saturday) through OCT with the ceremony on the lobby terrace and the reception on the bottom terrace.  

We wanted to take a vacation and when I saw the wedding preview package on the hotel's website, I was sold on at least trying out this hotel since its very affordable and seem beautiful from photos.  I will take a ton of photos/video and make sure to write a detailed review of the resort and our experience with the wedding coordinator.  I'm hoping to see at least 1 wedding while I'm there as well. 

Please feel free to let me know if you want me to inquire something specific when I meet with Ana for our site inspection or the Photos in Cancun photographers.  I'm also getting my make up done by one of the photographers Lorena and will give my review on that. 

I dont think it's at all weird. We plan on getting there a couple days before our guests. I want to put them together before guests arrive. I also don't think it's lame that your excited bout putting them together either. I am so excited bout all the little detail stuff to do. I am a kindergarten teacher so I love all those little creative projects that make things special. :-) btw, I wanted to tell you that we are putting out maracas at the ceremony for our guests to shake at the first kiss! Isn't that the cutest?

Hiya!  That's great that you're doing a site inspection! 

I had no idea there was even a lower terrace...I'm thinking that might be a better option for us as we're already doing the ceremony on th lobby terrace and it would be nice to have a change of scenery.  Hmm if you manage to take any pictures of the lower terrace I would love it if you could share them.  Also it would be good to know where the bride enters for a lobby terrace ceremony - I'm assuming it's through the lobby, but I'm wondering where that is in proximity to the aisle.  Other than that I hope you have a fantastic time!  I look forward to hearing about your adventure!

Originally Posted by babigirl21 View Post

Wow, this forum has really picked up some.  We will be at OCT next week for our vacation/site-inspection.  While we are there, we are also taking an engagment photo session with Photos In Cancun.  We have reserved Memorial Day weekend 2012 (Saturday) through OCT with the ceremony on the lobby terrace and the reception on the bottom terrace.  

We wanted to take a vacation and when I saw the wedding preview package on the hotel's website, I was sold on at least trying out this hotel since its very affordable and seem beautiful from photos.  I will take a ton of photos/video and make sure to write a detailed review of the resort and our experience with the wedding coordinator.  I'm hoping to see at least 1 wedding while I'm there as well. 

Please feel free to let me know if you want me to inquire something specific when I meet with Ana for our site inspection or the Photos in Cancun photographers.  I'm also getting my make up done by one of the photographers Lorena and will give my review on that. 

What a good idea!  I love it!  That will make for some good pictures for sure!  BTW have you decided on a photograher yet?

It sounds too me that you're going to have great ideas through the process, so please share!  I found a really cool thread on unique Thank You "cards".  I've actually made items through the company the bride used and everything has turned out to be perfect....and that's a comment coming from a marketing person who has very high standards when it comes to print quality msnwink.gif  Check it out:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/74938/my-amazing-and-unique-thank-you-cards-update-with-pics

Originally Posted by Sandy Borie View Post

I dont think it's at all weird. We plan on getting there a couple days before our guests. I want to put them together before guests arrive. I also don't think it's lame that your excited bout putting them together either. I am so excited bout all the little detail stuff to do. I am a kindergarten teacher so I love all those little creative projects that make things special. :-) btw, I wanted to tell you that we are putting out maracas at the ceremony for our guests to shake at the first kiss! Isn't that the cutest?

Hi Tropic Lover! Wow, that thread you sent me was amazing!!! So cool. Did you use the company for invites? Brian and I have not decided but we actually might go with a photographer from Vancouver! His name is Rick Collins. His work is amazing. He was referred to us from a teacher I work with who got married in Mexico a couple of years ago. I remember seeing her pics when she got back and being blown away!!! My beau is coming home tonight so we will discuss it this weekend.

@TropicLover Here are some photos of both the upper (ceremony lobby terrace) and lower (reception lobby terrace). I believe it is outside of the buffet restaurant on the bottom level. I will take photos of the entrance/path for the bride's walk to the ceremony location. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket