Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

So Whit, how did the phone meeting go with Ana yesterday? You must be getting so incredibly excited for the big day - how many more sleeps?

We've decided to go with the dinner/reception on the oceanview terrace, which will be the most expensive part of the wedding but thanks to our generous parents, it'll be a little bit more manageable now. We asked about getting a screen & projector for a couple presentations but Ana said it would be $360 - which seems a little excessive - so we're going to explore a few more options. Still working out the details - flowers, food, rehersal dinner, etc, etc, etc. How are your details coming along? Do you know if the blood test has to be completed by just you and your fiance or the witnesses as well? I read on some website that witnesses also needed to do the blood testinghuh.gif

I really hope that you were able to touch base with Ana, please do fill me in on how it went when you have a minute :)

Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisafleury View Post
So Whit, how did the phone meeting go with Ana yesterday? You must be getting so incredibly excited for the big day - how many more sleeps?

We've decided to go with the dinner/reception on the oceanview terrace, which will be the most expensive part of the wedding but thanks to our generous parents, it'll be a little bit more manageable now. We asked about getting a screen & projector for a couple presentations but Ana said it would be $360 - which seems a little excessive - so we're going to explore a few more options. Still working out the details - flowers, food, rehersal dinner, etc, etc, etc. How are your details coming along? Do you know if the blood test has to be completed by just you and your fiance or the witnesses as well? I read on some website that witnesses also needed to do the blood testinghuh.gif

I really hope that you were able to touch base with Ana, please do fill me in on how it went when you have a minute :)
Lisa

Hey Lisa,

The phone call went extremely well with Ana! She answered all my questions and was very friendly! We are leaving in 35 days... getting married in 39!!! I can not believe how close we are now! :)

We have decided on a beach ceremony, dinner reception at the Villa Marina and then dancing on the Lobby Terrace (Ana said she will set up semi private walls, lights, and move our decor up there for $100. Plus we are going to pay for a sound system and a private waitress).
The blood test is just for the Bride and Groom... not the witnesses. The 4 witnesses only need their valid passport, plus she asks a few questions about them (which Ana is going to email me).

I also talked to Ana about legal documents, Ceremony music, rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, reception options, excursions, etc. So if you have any questions I will be happy to tell you what Ana told me! :)

How many days until your wedding? How are your plans coming along?

Whit

Whit I am so happy that you were able to get in touch with Ana and that we was able to provide you with the info. you were looking for. I can only imagine how I'm going to feel with only 39 more sleeps until my big day... I still have 199!

Thanks for clearing up the blood test issue, I was under the impression that it would be just my fiance and I but after reading that the witnesses were also required to in one of the MANY sites I have visited, I just wanted to double check.

I am curious about the privacy walls and lights you're having set up as we've decided to have the entire dinner/reception up on the terrace instead of at one of the restaurants as we thought it would be more private....hmmmm... maybe we should rethink having it there? What made you enquire about the privacy walls? What sort of lights are you getting? We were thinking of just having all our music on my iPod and just getting the sound system from Ana, which she said would be $185.

So far the only thing that has been confirmed is the date (Jan. 20th), the time (4pm) and the location (on the beach). I have not gone over the legal documents, music, rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, reception options, excursions, etc. at all with Ana so I would absolutely LOVE any information you can provide me with.

We haven't decided on whether or not to go with one of the packages Ana sent us but was told that we qualified for the "free wedding" package because we already have 40 guests confirmed, so we were going to use the dinner reservation that came with the free wedding package as our rehearsal dinner the night everyone arrived at the resort as we will were planning on having the wedding day dinner on the rooftop terrace instead. One thing I was really shocked about was the price she gave us to have a projector & screen... $360!!! That seems a bit much so I'm hoping to get back to her shortly and ask if there's perhaps an hourly rate or something as my fiancé's parents apparently just want to use if for a quick "presentation" after dinner...

I've been off for the past few days so I'm looking forward to getting in touch with my TA tomorrow to see if she's received anything further from Ana... It's always so exciting to read her emails and start to see the big day unfold :)

Chat again soon,

Lisa

Hi Everyone... I'm a Noob and wanted to introduce myself here. :) I'm getting married at Ocean Turquesa March 16th 2011.

I haven't gone through all of the posts in the thread but have a few questions :) I want to make sure none of it has been covered here before asking again. Who knows, I may also be able to provide some helpful input here myself, through my own experience.

Looks like a super forum and very helpful stuff on here...

Quote:
Whit I am so happy that you were able to get in touch with Ana and that we was able to provide you with the info. you were looking for. I can only imagine how I'm going to feel with only 39 more sleeps until my big day... I still have 199!

Thanks for clearing up the blood test issue, I was under the impression that it would be just my fiance and I but after reading that the witnesses were also required to in one of the MANY sites I have visited, I just wanted to double check.

I am curious about the privacy walls and lights you're having set up as we've decided to have the entire dinner/reception up on the terrace instead of at one of the restaurants as we thought it would be more private....hmmmm... maybe we should rethink having it there? What made you enquire about the privacy walls? What sort of lights are you getting? We were thinking of just having all our music on my iPod and just getting the sound system from Ana, which she said would be $185.

So far the only thing that has been confirmed is the date (Jan. 20th), the time (4pm) and the location (on the beach). I have not gone over the legal documents, music, rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, reception options, excursions, etc. at all with Ana so I would absolutely LOVE any information you can provide me with.

We haven't decided on whether or not to go with one of the packages Ana sent us but was told that we qualified for the "free wedding" package because we already have 40 guests confirmed, so we were going to use the dinner reservation that came with the free wedding package as our rehearsal dinner the night everyone arrived at the resort as we will were planning on having the wedding day dinner on the rooftop terrace instead. One thing I was really shocked about was the price she gave us to have a projector & screen... $360!!! That seems a bit much so I'm hoping to get back to her shortly and ask if there's perhaps an hourly rate or something as my fiancé's parents apparently just want to use if for a quick "presentation" after dinner...

I've been off for the past few days so I'm looking forward to getting in touch with my TA tomorrow to see if she's received anything further from Ana... It's always so exciting to read her emails and start to see the big day unfold :)

Chat again soon,
Lisa
Hey Lisa!

It was definitely great to hear from Ana... however now it is a waiting game again! She told me she was going to email me the picture(s) of the Lobby Terrace setup, The list of excursions available, and acouple other things.... but it has been a week and she still hasn't. :S

Once Ana sends me the picture(s) of the Lobby Terrace setup... I will share with you so you can visually see it to help make your decision. When I was talking to her about our options... she said that because it is part of the Lobby there will be people there... so she can setup semi-private walls for us. Once you see the picture(s) you can make a better decision I think. If you decide it is not private enough for what you are looking for... I would reccommend the rooftop terrace because there won't be anyone up there. Having said that... I have no idea what Ana will charge for it etc. But I do know that Katie had her ceremony up there. Regarding the lights... I have no idea what kind of lights they are which is why Ana said she would email me picture(s) so I could see what it would look like. She said that it can get dark on the terrace at night, so the lights are just to help. We also have all of our centre pieces and candles that we are bringing... so that would help light the area too. We are also using an Ipod for our music... but Ana quoted the sound system at $160. So once you get closer to the date you should try to get some prices lowered a bit... there is definitely room to negotiate! :)

Just so you know... the Lobby Terrace can only be used with the sound system until midnight because of the nearby rooms. Ana said they can't distrupt other guests past that time.

Other useful info...
Once Ana emails me the list of current excursions I can share that with you too. I have been looking at some online but from what my travel agent told me... not all of them are still available.
We are having a rehearsal the day before our wedding at 5pm. Then we are having a rehearsal dinner at the Japanese restaurant at 6pm. Ana told me that they normally have to charge for this but because we are only having our wedding party and parents at the rehearsal dinner (12 people) that she will reserve a table with no extra charge.
I asked Ana about ceremony music... and she said we should have 4 songs (1 for the bridesmaids, 1 for the bride, 1 for signing and 1 for walking out).

Hope some of this helps!

31 Days until we leave and 35 Days until our Wedding!!! :o

Whit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinalynn View Post
Hi Everyone... I'm a Noob and wanted to introduce myself here. :) I'm getting married at Ocean Turquesa March 16th 2011.

I haven't gone through all of the posts in the thread but have a few questions :) I want to make sure none of it has been covered here before asking again. Who knows, I may also be able to provide some helpful input here myself, through my own experience.

Looks like a super forum and very helpful stuff on here...

Congrats & welcome! :)

Where are you in your planning process? Do you have your dress yet? Wedding theme? Etc.

If you have any questions ask away... If I can't help then I'm sure someone on here can!

Happy Planning!

Whit

Hello everyone...I recently decided to change my venue from the Grand Riviera Princess to the Ocean Coral & Turquesa but as many have stated am having a hard time getting in touch with Ana. Can anyone please email me whatever info you may have on weddings? Thanks in advance.

Kendra

Yes Whit that was VERY helpful and I would love to see what Ana sends you once receive those pics and info from her - hopefully she won't be too tardy in sending it to you! I'm particularly interested in seeing what the Lobby Terrace set up is as we had decided to go that route so that our reception would be more private, despite the $55/person she quoted us.

I'm really happy to hear that she's flexible and is willing to let you have your rehearsal dinner at no extra cost - the Japanese restaurant looks really nice and from what I understand offers some entertainment too. Do you actually know what is happening during the evenings at OCT? I read that the Scores restaurant turns into a sportsbar at night but haven't seen any nighttime information anywhere on their site.... do any of you past OCT Brides happen to have this info? I was thinking of getting a pub crawl organized for our guests - I've heard that Senior Frog and CocoBungo are A LOT of fun...

I'm so excited to hear and see how your wedding turns out Whit and I have no doubt will be absolutely fantastic as you are so well organized!

Thanks again for sharing all the great info :)

Lisa

Quote:
Yes Whit that was VERY helpful and I would love to see what Ana sends you once receive those pics and info from her - hopefully she won't be too tardy in sending it to you! I'm particularly interested in seeing what the Lobby Terrace set up is as we had decided to go that route so that our reception would be more private, despite the $55/person she quoted us.

I'm really happy to hear that she's flexible and is willing to let you have your rehearsal dinner at no extra cost - the Japanese restaurant looks really nice and from what I understand offers some entertainment too. Do you actually know what is happening during the evenings at OCT? I read that the Scores restaurant turns into a sportsbar at night but haven't seen any nighttime information anywhere on their site.... do any of you past OCT Brides happen to have this info? I was thinking of getting a pub crawl organized for our guests - I've heard that Senior Frog and CocoBungo are A LOT of fun...

I'm so excited to hear and see how your wedding turns out Whit and I have no doubt will be absolutely fantastic as you are so well organized!

Thanks again for sharing all the great info :)
Lisa
Hey Lisa,

Once I got under 4 weeks away from our wedding, Ana has been much faster at replying to giving me information/details.

She sent me a photo of the lobby terrace, but it is not a great one! So I will send you a bunch when we get back from getting married! :)

I have not heard much about the nighttime entertainment. Acouple past brides told me that it is pretty quiet around the resort at night, but when you have a group of people with you it is easy to entertain yourselves. Ana also told me that the sportsbar is open late.

I'm so close to being ready... but frantically trying to get all of the last details inorder right now! I never thought I would have so much to do for a destination wedding... but boy was I wrong! I probably did it to myself though... by planning so much stuff and buying so much stuff to bring down!

I'm getting really excited now though! We leave in 17 days and get married in 21 days!!!

How's your planning coming along?

Whit