Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblair View Post
Hello ladies!

I have trouble posting a new thread, so I will just reply to this one. I got married at the OCT on April 9 and it was FABULOUS!!!! It is a beautiful resort and what everyone has said about Ana is so true...she is amazingly wonderful and everything went so smoothly.

We did our ceremony on the lobby terrace at 3pm (earlier than we had hoped, but there was another later wedding) and the reception on the lobby terrace at 6pm. Both were fantastic. The timing between the ceremony and reception actually worked out fine as it allowed us to take lots of pictures (after the champagne toast with the group) and people could just hang out in one of the many places in the beautiful lobby.

I can't remember if there was any lobby entertainment going on Friday night, definitely not karaoke. There was a Mexican bazaar/shopping stands on the lower level terrace, and our guests had fun wandering through that a bit but it did not detract from our party at all.

I am happy to share pictures, more stories/advice/questions if anyone has them! my email is ebdanks@gmail.com

Have fun and don't worry about a thing, it will be awesome!

~Elizabeth "Danks" Johnson
April 9, 2010
Congrats Elizabeth! It's great to hear how smazing Ana is! I would love to see some of your pictures... so I'll send you an email! :)

Thanks Katie! I have gone back and forth with Ana a lot already... it just takes her so long to reply and her responses are usually short. If I have any specific questions I will definity ask! Your getting married pretty soon... how is your planning going?

Whitney :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit-Bride View Post
Thanks Katie! I have gone back and forth with Ana a lot already... it just takes her so long to reply and her responses are usually short. If I have any specific questions I will definity ask! Your getting married pretty soon... how is your planning going?

hey Whitney,

definitely don't worry about Ana's emails - we all know it's frustrating but once I found out that she's the one who's running around like a headless chicken trying to make every brides wedding day perfect, I accepted it is what it is, because when I'm there I'll want her to be doing that for me. so patience is a virtue and you will be thankful when you're there :)

well the planning is going really well - its the doubts over whether we'll be able to fly or not that's causing the problems! volcanic ash has stopped all flights in and out of the UK. everyday they're saying they'll be flying the next day and it keeps getting postponed. still, we've got 12 days until we fly so we're all praying it will all be sorted by then!

how's your planning going? what have you sorted and what have you got left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katie~ View Post
hey Whitney,

definitely don't worry about Ana's emails - we all know it's frustrating but once I found out that she's the one who's running around like a headless chicken trying to make every brides wedding day perfect, I accepted it is what it is, because when I'm there I'll want her to be doing that for me. so patience is a virtue and you will be thankful when you're there :)

well the planning is going really well - its the doubts over whether we'll be able to fly or not that's causing the problems! volcanic ash has stopped all flights in and out of the UK. everyday they're saying they'll be flying the next day and it keeps getting postponed. still, we've got 12 days until we fly so we're all praying it will all be sorted by then!

how's your planning going? what have you sorted and what have you got left?

I was definitely happy to hear Ana is amazing in person. I am much more patient with her now. lol :)

What I surprise... bet you never thought you needed to worry about a valcano cancelling flights! My fingers and toes are crossed for you! Hopefully it clears up before your flight! I heard today, that some flights are starting to leave certain areas in Europe?
Other than this dilema... are you all ready for the wedding? Where are you getting married (beach, lobby terrace,etc)? Where are you having your reception?

I'm getting there with my planning... I have my dress/accessories, bridesmaids dresses, groom and groomsmens attire, centre pieces (that I am bring to Mexico with me) and a few other things. So I'm done most of the big stuff! :) Still need to sort out some options/pricing with Ana. We are also bringing "welcome bags" for all of our guests with different things inside (including a letter from my Fiance and I, and all the info they need for the week), so I still need to get all of that together. Other than that its just bridal party gifts and a bunch of small things that need to be done still.

hug2.gif GOOD LUCK KATIE!! I am thinking of you and sending you all the best! Talk about a hitch before the wedding knowone could have expected! Everything's going to be Ok, you'll get out of there on time, safe and sound! Your day's going to be so special and beautiful!

friday.gif Best of luck, have a "Miami Vice" for me!! -Lin

Quote:
I was definitely happy to hear Ana is amazing in person. I am much more patient with her now. lol :)

What I surprise... bet you never thought you needed to worry about a valcano cancelling flights! My fingers and toes are crossed for you! Hopefully it clears up before your flight! I heard today, that some flights are starting to leave certain areas in Europe?
Other than this dilema... are you all ready for the wedding? Where are you getting married (beach, lobby terrace,etc)? Where are you having your reception?

I'm getting there with my planning... I have my dress/accessories, bridesmaids dresses, groom and groomsmens attire, centre pieces (that I am bring to Mexico with me) and a few other things. So I'm done most of the big stuff! :) Still need to sort out some options/pricing with Ana. We are also bringing "welcome bags" for all of our guests with different things inside (including a letter from my Fiance and I, and all the info they need for the week), so I still need to get all of that together. Other than that its just bridal party gifts and a bunch of small things that need to be done still.

hey Whitney,

Yeah other than that I am pretty ready. not much left to do now, just the small things :) tbh the wedding in Mexico has been the easy bit - it's the AHR that's caused the most stress!!

we're having our ceremony on the rooftop terrace and then undecided about the reception at the moment - we're going to check it out and when we get there and make a decision then. as there's only 19 of us it's not too difficult to move us around I don't think.

and wow! you sound super organised! you've got loads done already! you must be ahead of schedule. still, I wished I had been so I could have enjoyed the build up with everyone else.

what's your colour scheme and theme? if you have either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin&Scott View Post
hug2.gif GOOD LUCK KATIE!! I am thinking of you and sending you all the best! Talk about a hitch before the wedding knowone could have expected! Everything's going to be Ok, you'll get out of there on time, safe and sound! Your day's going to be so special and beautiful!
friday.gif Best of luck, have a "Miami Vice" for me!! -Lin
awww thanks Lin! we miss you on here!

I can't believe it was back in November you got married....it feels like it was last week we were all wishing you good luck!

and yes, the planes started flying again last night so 11 days should be plenty of time to clear the back log of people and let ours go without a hitch. (you couldn't have imagined it could you??!!)

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!! smile123.gif

hey Whitney,

Yeah other than that I am pretty ready. not much left to do now, just the small things :) tbh the wedding in Mexico has been the easy bit - it's the AHR that's caused the most stress!!

we're having our ceremony on the rooftop terrace and then undecided about the reception at the moment - we're going to check it out and when we get there and make a decision then. as there's only 19 of us it's not too difficult to move us around I don't think.

and wow! you sound super organised! you've got loads done already! you must be ahead of schedule. still, I wished I had been so I could have enjoyed the build up with everyone else.

what's your colour scheme and theme? if you have either!

/QUOTE]

Hey Kaite!

I'm so jealous... I wish my Wedding was 2 weeks away! lol I still have about 3.5 months to wait!

I haven't seen any pictures of the rooftop terrace... did Ana send you one? The view must be amazing from up there!

I am always a very organized person! lol Which is probably why I find it stressful that I am not in control of everything until I get to Mexico! lol We are getting married on the Beach, with our Reception at the Villa Marina and Margarita Lounge. My theme is "Margarita"... our centre pieces are glass vases that look like giant margarita glasses. Our colours are pretty clean and simple... Blue, White & Sand colours.

What about you? What's your colour scheme/ theme?

LOVE the "maragrita" theme! Counds very unique and perfect for Mexico!

Katie - I KNOW!- it feels like yesterday I was on here wondering about what the place would be like and worrying about family stuff! Now I'm a Mrs! ..And loving it! Wait till you're at OT, man oh man it's beautiful. Now that I'm home I refer to it as "Paradise" LOL! Hubby catches me sometimes just sighing and saying, "Ahhh, to be in paradise again..." So jealous you're all going there!! Hahaha! Katie I could NOT imagine what you're going through. It gives me wrinkles and grey hairs just trying to imagine. You deserve to have the best time and as soon as you get off the plane enjoy a $1 beer on the bus ride to OT!! LOL! They're ice cold and the beginning of all your worries washing away....

Keep up the good work girls and good luck!! friday.gif -Lin

Quote:
Hey Kaite!

I'm so jealous... I wish my Wedding was 2 weeks away! lol I still have about 3.5 months to wait!

I haven't seen any pictures of the rooftop terrace... did Ana send you one? The view must be amazing from up there!

I am always a very organized person! lol Which is probably why I find it stressful that I am not in control of everything until I get to Mexico! lol We are getting married on the Beach, with our Reception at the Villa Marina and Margarita Lounge. My theme is "Margarita"... our centre pieces are glass vases that look like giant margarita glasses. Our colours are pretty clean and simple... Blue, White & Sand colours.

What about you? What's your colour scheme/ theme?

omg don't be jealous ours is that close - I'm mega stressing at the moment!! I've spent so long concentrating on the wedding (which is pretty much all sorted), that I FORGOT (!!!) all about holiday clothes etc. Now I have next to no time to sort out what I've got and what I may need to take! OOPS!! I only have this weekend really as next weekend I'm busy already on Saturday and we leave on the Sunday!! except we're pretty much all booked up for this weekend...soooo running out of time! I'm just going to have to try and be super efficient and get everything done this sunday!

oh wow, I'm loving your margarita theme! it fits perfectly and is so different and unique! I love it. man I wish I was out there for your wedding! and your colours are so beach-like. its all going to be amazing!

my colour theme is pink!! so I've got my bouquet in hot pink, with some ivory, BM in a strapless, floor length dark pink dress, I also have pink shoes that I may wear for some photos with my wedding dress. flower girls are in white and pink dresses, groom, best man and ushers are in dark grey suits and baby pink waistcoats. but apart from the colour we don't really have a theme. nothing stood out as one and I didn't want to force one for the sake of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin&Scott View Post
LOVE the "maragrita" theme! Counds very unique and perfect for Mexico!

Katie - I KNOW!- it feels like yesterday I was on here wondering about what the place would be like and worrying about family stuff! Now I'm a Mrs! ..And loving it! Wait till you're at OT, man oh man it's beautiful. Now that I'm home I refer to it as "Paradise" LOL! Hubby catches me sometimes just sighing and saying, "Ahhh, to be in paradise again..." So jealous you're all going there!! Hahaha! Katie I could NOT imagine what you're going through. It gives me wrinkles and grey hairs just trying to imagine. You deserve to have the best time and as soon as you get off the plane enjoy a $1 beer on the bus ride to OT!! LOL! They're ice cold and the beginning of all your worries washing away....
Keep up the good work girls and good luck!! friday.gif -Lin
ah thanks Lin. All the planes are going again now so I'm not worrying about it for now. they've got some back log to clear but it's 10 days until we go and in my mind that's plenty of time to get back to normal!

I know...I am just dreaming of getting on that plane...I don't care that it will be 9am, I'm having a stiff drink as soon as I can! haha

the end is in sight :) smile123.gif or should i say the beginning?!

omg don't be jealous ours is that close - I'm mega stressing at the moment!! I've spent so long concentrating on the wedding (which is pretty much all sorted), that I FORGOT (!!!) all about holiday clothes etc. Now I have next to no time to sort out what I've got and what I may need to take! OOPS!! I only have this weekend really as next weekend I'm busy already on Saturday and we leave on the Sunday!! except we're pretty much all booked up for this weekend...soooo running out of time! I'm just going to have to try and be super efficient and get everything done this sunday!

oh wow, I'm loving your margarita theme! it fits perfectly and is so different and unique! I love it. man I wish I was out there for your wedding! and your colours are so beach-like. its all going to be amazing!

my colour theme is pink!! so I've got my bouquet in hot pink, with some ivory, BM in a strapless, floor length dark pink dress, I also have pink shoes that I may wear for some photos with my wedding dress. flower girls are in white and pink dresses, groom, best man and ushers are in dark grey suits and baby pink waistcoats. but apart from the colour we don't really have a theme. nothing stood out as one and I didn't want to force one for the sake of it!

Katie, I'm definitely feeling your stress! But I've actually started to calm down again...reading all these wonderful reviews has really calmed me! As long as you have your hubby and gown...everything will be perfect! :) Its all going to work out! I cant believe how similar our wedding scheme is! We are so alike!! My colour is also pink...ive also got a hot pink bouquet, bridesmaids are both in pink, each a different shade, and I ALSO have pink shoes to wear under my gown!! :) :) :) :) Im sooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!! And Im so thankful for finding this forum when I did! It has helped so much!

Goodluck Katie!!!!!!!! And to all the other brides !!!!!!!! Enjoy every second of planning and waiting....because before we know it...it will all be done!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Ladies! I'm pretty excited about the "Margarita" theme! They are going to have stones in the bottom (blue, white & clear) with a white orcid ontop of the stones (under water) and floating candles on top. I fell in love with them... now I just need to make everyone in my bridal party take one vase in their carry on. lol

I love your pink themes! I love pinks and purples... but there was no way my fiances or groomsmen would wear pink. They may have killed me if I made them do that! lol

My Bridesmaids are wearing bright blue chiffon dresses (full length)... they are beautiful dresses (Wish I had one for myself lol)! My flowers are all going to be white (White roses & white calla lillies). My Fiance will be wearing beige linen pants with a white beachy dress shirt. Groomsmen are wearing the same but their shirt if bright blue (matches the bridesmaids perfectly).

Now that you told me your colours and what your bridal party is wearing.... what are YOU wearing Katie? :)

And good luck with your shopping this weekend! Hope you find everything you need!

Whit :)