Riu Brides...bringing own music...

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#11 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:12 PM

I'm not sure how much timing I'll need. I'm hoping just one song will do it for both of us - but I guess I should prepare for two!! My song is going to be Alison Kraus - When you say nothing at all for when I walk down. I was thinking have my FSIL's husband play guitar & have my uncle & friend sing it, but with the wind out on the point the acoustic probably will not carry well. So I think I'm just going back to the CD. Oh...here...this is my list (short right now!)
    Steady as we Go – Dave Matthews Band (our first dance)
    Is this love? – Bob Marley (entrance song)?
    When you say nothing at all – Alison Kraus (entrance)
    Goin up – Great Big Sea (exit song)?
    Signed, Sealed Delivered - (signing register)
    Crush – DMB
    We are man & wife – Michelle Featherstone (signing register) **This is an awesome song...Michelle Featherstone - We Are Man And Wife lyrics

And here is a list of songs I stole from someone here...I haven't really sorted through them...
    How Sweet It Is
    "Crazy Little Thing Called Love
    Wouldn’t it be nice
    Dance With Me - YouTube - Canon in D- New Wedding Music/ Wedding Song (Celtic mix)
    Canon in D - YouTube - Canon in D- New Wedding Music/ Wedding Song (Celtic mix)
    This I promise you - Ronan Keating
    Come Away with Me" by Norah Jones
    Love you til the end - the pogues
    The Chapel Bell Set – The Navigators
    Goapele - Butterfly kisses
    Gipsy Kings - Un Amor
    311 - Love song
    Robin Thicke - Lost Without U (our 1st dance song)
    Bob Marley W/Lauryn Hill - Turn Your Lights Down Low
    Bob Marley - Satisfy My Soul
    Steel Pulse - Your House
    Teena Marie - The Air I Breathe (walked down the aisle to this)
    Teena Marie - You Make Love Like Springtime
    Teena Marie - Now That I Have You
    Eagles - Love Will Keep Us Alive
    Sade - Sweetest Taboo
    Sade - Kiss of Life
    Lauren Wood - Fallen
    Corrine Bailey Rae - Like A Star
    Frankie Beverly & Maze - Golden Time of Day (played when we kissed/walked out)
    Huey Lewis & the News - Happy To Be Stuck With You(kind of cheesy but it can work for the right couple)
    UB40 - (I Can't Help) Falling In Love With You
    Big Mountain - Baby I Love Your Way
    Jason Mraz - I'm Yours
    Sweet Thing - Van Morrison
    Lovers Rock - Sade
    By Your Side - Sade
    Waste - Phish (not your traditional Phish song - very sweet)
    Precious Hands - The Big Wu (beachy jam band)
    The Luckiest - Ben Folds (My sisters 1st dance song)
    Helplessly Hoping - Crosby, Stills, & Nash (my ALL TIME FAVE)
    I'll Back You Up - Dave Matthews Band
    Gold to Me - Ben Harper
    Not Fire, Not Ice - Ben Harper
    Jack Johnson – Better Together

Sorry for the hijack!

#12 chicklet

chicklet
    • 718 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

You guys are going all modern eh? I am doing some beachy and some traditional.
      This is what i have so far.. somewhere over the rainbow (MOH entrance), Cannon in D (my entrance), one love (signing of marriage license) and Komo (recessional). I think we will need to pause though before walking down the aisle as SOTR and Cannon in D take a bit to get going.
      I have started some of my tunes for before/after got some Marley, Beach boys, UB40, Bedouin Soundclash, Jimmy Buffet and working on others. If anyone has idea for me, fire away :)
      If I end up doing the disco for a bit, I will probably make a cd with first dance (amazed maybe) and some groovin tunes to shake my bootie to.

#13 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:49 PM

Well...we are both HUGE Dave Matthews Band fans!!!! There was no question that one of his songs would be our first dance song. Our CD for the DJ will by no means be modern! We're thinking a lot of East Coast/Newfie music!!

#14 pearlygirl

pearlygirl
        • 97 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:01 PM

Thanks for the info, ladies!

At least I know where to start now, and approximately how many songs to have, not to mention a nice long list of possible music :)

#15 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
          • 584 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:20 PM

I hate to do this but I feel the need to provide some info...Amanda has already hijacked the thread but I'm going to add my 2 cents .. for what it's worth lol

I had 1 song for my BM, MOH & myself to walk down the aisle to and to be honest you won't need more than 1 song. The reason why I say this is because they get you to walk pretty much right away and by the time one song finishes you will be standing there waiting for a while. The "aisles" aren't that long. All 3 of us walked down before the song even finished.

I had the 1 song to walk down the aisle to then 5 songs that played during the ceremony, signing etc. Honestly, I don't even remember hearing them and if you have guests I'm sure the music will be turned down so they can hear you (even with a microphone) say your vows etc.

I then had 10 "steel drum band" songs with a carribean/beachy theme to them that played after the ceremony. We barely got through the 10 songs then we had our pic session on the beach etc.

Personally, I had 1 cd with 17 songs. 1 to walk down the aisle to, 5 wedding/instrumental songs to play during the ceremony and then 10 songs to play during toast, pics etc. 1 song to dance to and that was it.

This is just my opinion but if you give them too many cd's they won't know what to do with them lol

#16 christenew

christenew
            • 325 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:58 PM

Oh that will be an education for everyone in Mexico - newfie music. LOL!

#17 chicklet

chicklet
              • 718 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:14 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ellipse22
                I hate to do this but I feel the need to provide some info...Amanda has already hijacked the thread but I'm going to add my 2 cents .. for what it's worth lol

I had 1 song for my BM, MOH & myself to walk down the aisle to and to be honest you won't need more than 1 song. The reason why I say this is because they get you to walk pretty much right away and by the time one song finishes you will be standing there waiting for a while. The "aisles" aren't that long. All 3 of us walked down before the song even finished.

I had the 1 song to walk down the aisle to then 5 songs that played during the ceremony, signing etc. Honestly, I don't even remember hearing them and if you have guests I'm sure the music will be turned down so they can hear you (even with a microphone) say your vows etc.

I then had 10 "steel drum band" songs with a carribean/beachy theme to them that played after the ceremony. We barely got through the 10 songs then we had our pic session on the beach etc.

Personally, I had 1 cd with 17 songs. 1 to walk down the aisle to, 5 wedding/instrumental songs to play during the ceremony and then 10 songs to play during toast, pics etc. 1 song to dance to and that was it.

This is just my opinion but if you give them too many cd's they won't know what to do with them lol
                thanks for this tip. I may adjust what I am using then and walk down to somewhere over the rainbow too.
                *lol* we totally highjacked this.....sorry ladies

#18 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:09 AM

It seems like us 4 always seem to find each other!! :)
                  But people should be used to us by now!!!
                  We should all put these icons ... & ....in our siggys!! LOL
                  (well...I definitely should anyway!)

#19 chicklet

chicklet
                  • 718 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:00 PM

*lol* are we really that bad??

#20 BachataBride

BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:14 PM

Oh...I don't know!!
                      Tan is always telling me what a I am!!
                      And it seems like I am always apologizing for hijacking too!!
                      Oh well...I like to think I offer something of value in some of my posts!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users