17 replies to this topic

#11 Kat81

Kat81
  • VIP Member
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:42 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MissyR
    I wore the same dress - and mine as well was cleaner after my TTD than it was the day after the wedding. Go for it!
    OMG Missy that siggy pic is amazing! Welcome back and Congrats! Do you have more pictures?

#12 ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik
    • 315 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:04 AM

i'm wearing a completely different dress and style for my TTD. I wanted a different look cause I love experimenting with the various bridal styles. I bought a cheap dress at David's Briday for TTD so i won't get paranoid whatever happens to the dress.

#13 KLK

KLK
      • 205 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:50 AM

I don't think sand and salt water wouldn't hurt your dress, but make sure you have a few days to let it dry in the sun since if you're not getting it washed/dried/preserved there! HAVE FUN!!! :)

#14 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:18 AM

hey jamie, i used my real wedding dress. i did my ttd with a local photographer once i got home. my dress was both satin & lace. there was no water damage & i went in groty lake michigan haha. the sand shook right out of the lace pretty easily too. i have been meaning to post a slideshow of my TTD session, i just hadnt gotten around to it yet. hopefully i will be able to soon! my dress was definitely a bit cleaner after the TTD than when we got back from mexico. actually... i could take a pic to show you if you want bc im so lazy that i still havent taken my dress to be cleaned yet, and it's hanging in the closet in our den!

#15 MissyR

MissyR
        • 1,210 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:52 PM

I stole a couple pics from my cousin which I am going to post - still waiting on the 8000 from my photog though! Busy working away on my review!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kat81
          OMG Missy that siggy pic is amazing! Welcome back and Congrats! Do you have more pictures?

#16 Elizabeth

Elizabeth
          • 100 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:51 PM

This is not a dumb question at all! I have had the same question for a while. I am concerned because I always wanted to do a TTD shoot but I found a dress WAY over budget, that my parents are willing to go over budget for (my mom is in love with it) and now I am afraid to do a ttd shoot. It is encouraging that others have been able to clean their's.
            Elizabeth

#17 KLC77

KLC77
            • 2,207 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:26 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Maura
              hey jamie, i used my real wedding dress. i did my ttd with a local photographer once i got home. my dress was both satin & lace. there was no water damage & i went in groty lake michigan haha. the sand shook right out of the lace pretty easily too. i have been meaning to post a slideshow of my TTD session, i just hadnt gotten around to it yet. hopefully i will be able to soon! my dress was definitely a bit cleaner after the TTD than when we got back from mexico. actually... i could take a pic to show you if you want bc im so lazy that i still havent taken my dress to be cleaned yet, and it's hanging in the closet in our den!
              Ooh Maura, I'm excited you did a TTD. Can't wait to see the pics!

Back to the topic, I'm planning on using my wedding dress since I haven't heard one story on here of anyone feeling like their dress got ruined. And if it does, I don't really expect to wear it again anyway...
              ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#18 Duchess

Duchess
              • 358 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:17 PM

Yeah, even if it does get ruined, which I doubt for mine because there isnt silk or anything, who cares? The likelihood of me having a daughter and her wanting to wear my dress in 20 something years is minimal! Plus, if its going to get dirty at the wedding anyway, then chalk it all up to the experience of a lifetime!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users