Photo

Photographer for ROR

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 panther

panther
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:30 AM

From reading the posts its seems like "Michael" is the photographer of choice at the ROR. Is that because he is the preferred vendor or is it possible to use another local photographer?

Does anyone have the contact infor for Michael, or any other photographer they have been happy with at the ROR.

#2 klopez

klopez
    • 176 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:32 AM

here is Michael's email address....I am only using them for a video.

weddings@photoshopjamaica.com

#3 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by panther
        From reading the posts its seems like "Michael" is the photographer of choice at the ROR. Is that because he is the preferred vendor or is it possible to use another local photographer?

Does anyone have the contact infor for Michael, or any other photographer they have been happy with at the ROR.
        Michael is the resort photographer & Photoshop is located at ROR. You will have to get clarification from Chandlyn as to whether or not you are permitted to use outside photographers. It seems that the policy regarding outside photographers has changed here & there.

At one time, if you wanted to go with a local photographer, he/she needed a day pass to be on the premises the day of your wedding. If you bring a photographer from outside of the state, the photographer will have to be a guest of yours.

Again, definitely check with Chandlyn regarding their policy!

#4 Linzibella

Linzibella
        • 110 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:08 PM

Hi! If anyone has information about a local photographer that they've used successfully lately, I'd love to hear about it, get a name/website.

Has Michael's work been any better lately? I think that I remember reading about another photographer working at the Photoshop now too? Is that right? Is s/he any good?

The photographer that I was going to bring down with me has just bailed on me, a couple days before our final payment was due. I'm now trying to figure out what I'm going to do.

Thanks ladies!

#5 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
          • 813 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:03 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Linzibella
            Hi! If anyone has information about a local photographer that they've used successfully lately, I'd love to hear about it, get a name/website.

Has Michael's work been any better lately? I think that I remember reading about another photographer working at the Photoshop now too? Is that right? Is s/he any good?

The photographer that I was going to bring down with me has just bailed on me, a couple days before our final payment was due. I'm now trying to figure out what I'm going to do.

Thanks ladies!

I will be using Brian Nejedly. Have just talked to him and e-mailed but he is really nice. A few girls here have used him. Here's his site:

Brian Design - Photography & Website Design by Brian Nejedly - Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#6 panther

panther
            • 84 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:16 PM

Brian Design - Photography & Website Design by Brian Nejedly - Ocho Rios, Jamaica[/QUOTE]

Is there any issue with bringing him on site? Are there outside vendor fees required?

#7 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
              • 813 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

It all depends on where you are getting married. I have written confirmation from the ROR that I can bring Brian on site, and just have to pay for a day pass. I believe that will be $50 for him since its for the wedding.

A friend of mine recently got married at Beaches Boscobel and she had to bring her photog with her, claim it was an "uncle" and pay for everything. Beaches/Sandals I believe does not allow an outside vendor.

#8 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
                • 302 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:52 PM

You can always get Christopher, Michael's assistant....I have seen his work and loved the pictures and poses he used.

#9 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
                  • 584 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:12 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by panther

I was surprised by Michael. He did a great job. I was a little skeptical at first but he was a lot of fun to work with and the pics turned out great.

I was considering bringing my own photographer. A day pass is required if they are only coming in for the one day or if you have someone coming for the entire week they would be considered your guest and I would use the "uncle" term as well

#10 Kimmer

Kimmer
                    • 9 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:07 PM

Michael was the photographer we used for our wedding! He runs the Photoshop in ROR, and also looks after the weddings at the Riu in Montego Bay. We had a great time with Michael! He was absolutely fabulous and a pleasure to work with! The pictures were amazing! He certainly knows his stuff! I would highly recommend him to anyone!
                      Cheers,
                      Kimmer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users