Photo

When to give bridesmaid gift

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 avramnanan

avramnanan
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:55 PM

When would be right time to give the bridesmaid gift?
    I want to give the gifts three months from the wedding because thats the only time we will all be together. If not it will be 2 days before the wedding.
    Any suggestions?

#2 Rob&Sue

Rob&Sue
    • 64 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:27 PM

Not sure on when I am going to do this either. My bridesmaids are all over the place, so I'm going to end up giving them out individually... some a few days before we leave, and others a few weeks, I think.

Traditionally, when's the time to give them out?
      Rob & Susannah 36 people booked!!http://tickers.Ticke....7881/event.png

#3 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
      • VIP Member
      • 3,160 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:21 AM

Well at a traditional wedding, normally the rehearsal dinner is when you give the gifts out- at least that's how it worked at all the (traditional) weddings I've been in. But for a destination wedding, I guess it kinda depends on the schedule before the wedding. If there are a few days before the actual wedding, maybe do it a few days before? Once you are at your wedding location (i didnt notice where your ways, ?) maybe make dinner reservations once your there and do it that night. Theres no wrong or right way to do it really. If you have a hard time, just make a night of it, have a girls night and do it then. Do you know if you're having a bach party? You can always do it that night too. You mention 2 nights before oyu will all see each other, I think that sounds perfect to be honest! Good luck!

#4 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:37 AM

So I think that it depends on what you are giving them. If you are giving them something they can use at your DW (Example: flipflops, jewlery for the big day, totes, etc.) you can give them when you get to your destination. I personally don't want a big presentation, so I will give them to the girls at the rehersal the day before or I am thinking about putting it in their rooms so they get them when they arrive. Havent decided. If it is a large item and you are worried about packing it I think it is totally ok to give it before hand- and if it is not something they will need at your DW it is totally ok to give it to them sometime before hand!

#5 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
          • 1,206 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:35 PM

Well for me, I actually gave it to the girls before we left. My MOH couldn't actually make it in the end ... but she pulled through with everything else in her duties... sooo I wanted to take her out for dinner before we left... I gave it to her when she came over to the house. My BM that was able to make it down, so I went over to her parents house, (she is still in college away from home) and placed it as a surprise on her bed. This way when she got home from school to pack her stuff up 2 days before she left, she would get a cute surprise.

#6 avramnanan

avramnanan
            • 32 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:51 PM

If the gift is jewelry(to wear the day of the wedding) than do you tell the bridesmaid before the rehearsal dinner (so they won't buy jewerly).
              But if you tell them...then why not give them the gift?

#7 Skygirl

Skygirl
              • 512 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

i got my girls coach passport covers, would it be appropriate to give it to them at the shower 2mnth prior to the wedding?what do u ladies think?

#8 Peach

Peach
                • 1,293 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Skygirl 

i got my girls coach passport covers, would it be appropriate to give it to them at the shower 2mnth prior to the wedding?what do u ladies think?

Sure, why not?

I am a big fan of, "Whatever works". In DW, tradition flies out the window.

I am not sure when I will give mine... I am giving each a large beach bag full of goodies. If we were closer geographically, I would do it a few days before we go. I guess when we meet at the airport maybe? I don't know. I still have lots of time to decide though!

So if you want to give them their gifts two months ahead of time, I say go for it! Maybe just mention that you know it is unorthodox, but you thought they may want them ahead of the trip.

#9 RollerBride

RollerBride
                  • 204 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

I sent my MOH a cover-up that said "Maid of Honor" when i asked her to be my MOH.

As for her other gifts, I will give them to her the night before the wedding at our rehearsal dinner.

Kip & Kate

August 4, 2012

Dreams Riviera Cancun

www.kipandkateswedding.com

30 guests

#10 Peach

Peach
                    • 1,293 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by RollerBride 

I sent my MOH a cover-up that said "Maid of Honor" when i asked her to be my MOH.

As for her other gifts, I will give them to her the night before the wedding at our rehearsal dinner.

Oooh the cover up is such an awesome idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users