Photo

Fake Rose Petals

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:54 AM

I know that $40/bag or whatever the price is for real rose petals is a bit steep but think about where all the fake rose petals are going to end up... in the ocean! I can guarantee that you're not going to want to pick them up afterwards, that's if they're even still there and haven't been blown around and dragged around by your train. It might not seem like an individual wedding is having a huge impact, only a 100 rose petals right, but multiply that by 3 weddings per day times 6 days a week. All of that fake stuff is ending up in our oceans and the stomachs of the marine life which is a much bigger cost to everyone in the long run. Please consider forgoing rose petals if you're not willing to spend the money on real petals which will biodegrade.

#12 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
    • 202 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:04 PM

Good Point.

#13 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
      • 813 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:20 PM

Or at least consider the freeze-dried petals. I think thats what I am going to do, and then use ecofeti for the toss

#14 klopez

klopez
        • 176 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:45 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by chicklet
          Michael's has them too. Do you know the price at the resort at all? this is something I haven't heard about yet.

Tai Flora is charging $30 per bag. Anybody know how many I would need down the aisle I'm not sure how big the bags are.

#15 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
          • 215 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:14 AM

Freeze dried petals, good idea!!

#16 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
            • 813 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:22 PM

Yeah, I was one of those people that was going to purchase like 5000 silk rose petals...but then I thought about all the poor sea animals, and I just couldn't do that. Plus really, who needs 5000 rose petals?!?!?! So I'll just order a few bags of the freeze dried. I'll just have to make sure that Chandlyn uses all of them!

#17 Jill

Jill
              • 113 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:56 PM

Where do you get freeze dried petals from ?

#18 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                • 813 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:54 PM

I am going to order from Silk Rose Petals & Freeze Dried Rose Petals - Petal Garden

I got samples from them and they are really nice.

#19 Jill

Jill
                  • 113 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:47 PM

Hey Ladies

Thanks for your replies now I have another question... does anyone know how long the aisle is at the ROR. I am trying to price out how many I will need but have no idea how long the white aisle is .. if anyone knows please let me know!!!

Jill

#20 klopez

klopez
                    • 176 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:33 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jill
                      Hey Ladies

Thanks for your replies now I have another question... does anyone know how long the aisle is at the ROR. I am trying to price out how many I will need but have no idea how long the white aisle is .. if anyone knows please let me know!!!

Jill
                      I have the same question....I am thinking of ordering freeze dried rose petals but have no idea how much to order?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users