Photo

Our AHR was this weekend & I have to vent....

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 JoLo908

JoLo908
  • 889 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:23 PM

Why do people suck so bad?? I am so sorry...

#22 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
    • 5,681 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:44 PM

WOW that is totally wrong!! I cannot believe the nerve of some people! Why RSVP and NOT show and that many people too? That is CRAZY!! I am so sorry Celina!! You are too good for them and dont need people nevermind family like that!

#23 *Casey*

*Casey*
      • 5,209 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:51 PM

Celina... that's totally F'ed up! People can be so inconsiderate sometimes, but it makes it even worse that it was family! I'm so so sorry this happened. At least you could freeze some and give some away and it didn't all totally go to waste. I hope the party was a hit though for your true friends that RSVP'ed and actually showed up! At least you are married now. That's so exciting!

#24 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
        • VIP Member
        • 2,861 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:23 PM

Celina I can not believe that! I am so sorry that those 70 people were so heartless. Im so glad that you are moving on though and keeping them off your invite lists from now on. It just makes you wonder about people.

#25 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
          • 2,424 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:23 PM

I am so sorry that this happened, some people are just so rude. When my FSIL had her wedding the same thing happened because it was originally an engagement party but a couple weeks before they decided to surprise everyone with it being her wedding. The hall was only half full and so much extra food.

I would say something to them!

#26 MarieSam

MarieSam
            • VIP Member
            • 2,336 posts
              • LocationSouthern California

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:41 PM

That totally sucks, and shame on all of them for failing to come through and being so disrespectful to all your preparation. There is truly no excuse for that many people to have not shown up knowing what it takes to put together something for so many people! But regardless, don't let their lack of manners ruin the fact that you had a spectacular wedding and that you're now happily married And I totally agree, they should all be put on your shit list!!!

#27 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
              • VIP Member
              • 3,160 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:30 PM

oh im so sorry that really stinks!! but dont regreat it though. try to focus on the fun parts of the night, which im sure there were great memories made. and for those who showed up to celebrate with you, remember that ya know. dont let rude idiots consume your brain. id def have words for those people if you are to run into them soon. i hate them with you! grrrrrrrrrrrr

#28 Maybride2009

Maybride2009
                • 408 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

That is 100% unacceptable!! I am so sorry that this happened to you. I would phone every single one of them and ask why they were unable to attend and explain the situation. That's absolute bull shit if you ask me!! When are people going to realize that your wedding is about YOU an not them and if they can't understand that they they should have RSVP'd no. Really...when it is someone's wedding day you put yourself aside...for one freakiin day of your life...jerks...now I am mad!

#29 BC Bride2be

BC Bride2be
                  • 636 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:17 PM

that is so horrible! They suck!!! And the killer is that probably half of them don't even get it.. it probably didn't dawn on them you would have spent lots $$ of the food...some people!! So sorry....

#30 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
                    • 985 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

Celina, I'm so sorry that those people did that to you! How rude!

I can't believe the number of people who just don't seem to understand what R.S.V.P. means! The waste of food would annoy me too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users