Photo

Our AHR was this weekend & I have to vent....

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#11 Chiquita

Chiquita
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:15 PM

Wow Celina.. that just sucks. I'm sorry that happened! Totally rude and unacceptable. I would even been inclined to sent out a mass email about it or something.. but they probably wouldn't even care!

#12 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:16 PM

Wow, that really blows! I'd be super pissed if I were you too. So frustrating. I'm sorry

#13 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
      • 1,206 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:26 PM

Wholly smokes Celina.... HOW FRIGGING WRONG IS THAT!!!!!! I can't believe it... just crazy! All that money and then no one comes.... Damn them all!!! I am worried bout this too.... ours is Jan 17th (sat) at 1pm til 6pm. I did it during the day because of winters here in Mass and alot more people I thought would come because it's during the day... but my responses are not coming... I have like 30 people so far and the invites went out right after we left for Jamaica. I know I have 3 more weeks left before they are due... but I sent out invites for 147 people.... We have alot of people that are oh so not dependable at all ...

Ya know what ... next time to you see people that didn't come ... make sure you talk to someone that did go bout how GREAT it was even if certain people didn't show... LOL...

STICK IT RIGHT TO THE MAN!!!

#14 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:47 PM

Wow, I have never heard of such a thing. Too have that many rude people invited to one wedding and have them all BE rude about the rsvp? Unheard of. I am so sorry, Celina. Not much else I can say. What jerks.

#15 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:59 PM

I am so sorry, Celina! That is just ridiculous!

#16 RoryS

RoryS
            • 230 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:05 PM

That is just so RUDE! I was babysitting for my SIL's kids when they were in her sister's wedding. I went to Long Island to pick them up after the ceremony and her Mom said you might as well stay for the cocktail hour, which I did, and then she said you might as well stay for the dinner because we had about 16 people who said they were coming and didn't show up. She was paying about $150/pp. What do people think? If they don't show up - they just deduct the amount from the bill?
              They'd be the same ones that would rant and rave if you did something like that to them!!

#17 jmiranda

jmiranda
              • 697 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:06 PM

Are you serious? Why would they do this to you? Is there any conflicts between you and your dad's family.

If I were you i would definately say something to them because they RSVP and then they didnt show up.

#18 deefalvey

deefalvey
                • 521 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:15 PM

Celina! I can't believe that happened to you! I am so sorry! Vent away....you know we will always listen :)
                  Bill and DeannaJuly 24, 2009

#19 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,921 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:18 PM

people suck sometimes... sorry Celina. Glad you are happily married though!

#20 lil_miss_frogg

lil_miss_frogg
                    • 826 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:24 PM

WOW....I would be so mad if that happened to me. I think I would have some choice words with my dad if I were you. Did you at least have some fun with the friends and family that did follow through and come? I sure hope you did! Let us know what happens if you confront your father about this!
                      http://i44.tinypic.com/aemd8w.jpg
                      My Babies
                      "Love isn't about finding a perfect person,
                      it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly!"
                      http://tickers.Ticke....00ff/event.pnghttp://tickers.Ticke....JZW/weight.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users