BDW Biggest Loser: Season V ~ Official Thread ~ FINAL Results Posted

LCBride2007

also, i want to encourage everyone to take a before picture. as painful as it is, just do it. so many ladies said they regreted not having one last time. It was the biggest motivating factor for me. After I lost 8 pounds, I didn't really believe I had lost any inches until I looked at the picture. Without the before picture I would not have been as motivated as I was after seeing that it was working. When you see yourself everyday it's hard to see the changes you are making.

I am SOOOOO thankful I did BL4 and got back to a weight I am happy with. I was just wearing baggy clothes & telling myself I didn't care if I was 10 pounds heavier than I had ever been. I think if I didn't make a change, I would have just kept gaining 5-10 pounds a year.

Best of luck to everyone! A few motivational things from me:

It's so much harder when you are starting. After sticking with it a few weeks you stop missing the junk you are not eating. You have more energy for workouts and you feel so great you wonder why you dreaded getting starting in the first place.

Go BL5ers!!!!

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Ann: your new pic of Gwen is priceless.

Girls: Sign up! I need the $$$$ motivation! Do it for meeeeeee! (kidding, but seriously, sign up!)
lol, thanks!!

Seriously, I always get SOOO many people PMing or emailing me saying that they're in for the next season, or that they wish they would have signed up. NOW is your chance!

FYI ... here is the current list people people that have paid me, just let me know if you're interested in signing up and you're not on this list.

alyssa

Bianca

flygirl (Trish)

Hunnyhun921 (Khajeesah)

Jacilynda (Jacilyn)

Janet

JLC (Jamie)

jrodsgirl (Rosel)

Just Martha

Kla.Kari (Kari)

KLC77 (Kelly)

Kristy!

laycj18

mummergirl (Lisa)

OROBride1008 (Maria)

Prettyhazardous (Ashley)

Sapphire723 (LeAnne)

Sensatori Bride (Mesita)

Shannond4156 (Shannon)

syl1115 (Sylvia)

i'm so glad i signed up and paid before xmas ... i would have totally forgotten about it! i gained a little back over the holidays, but not too much (at least i don't think so ... i've been afraid of the scale)!

this time my fiance says he's going to diet too, which should help a lot. it's a lot easier to eat a salad when you're not sitting next to a guy eating a cheesesteak, LOL!

we're going to have one last pizza tonight while watching the flyers game. then it's back on track, and back to the gym (i haven't been there since november)! after all, the wedding is sneaking up on us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
also, i want to encourage everyone to take a before picture. as painful as it is, just do it. so many ladies said they regreted not having one last time. It was the biggest motivating factor for me. After I lost 8 pounds, I didn't really believe I had lost any inches until I looked at the picture. Without the before picture I would not have been as motivated as I was after seeing that it was working. When you see yourself everyday it's hard to see the changes you are making.

I am SOOOOO thankful I did BL4 and got back to a weight I am happy with. I was just wearing baggy clothes & telling myself I didn't care if I was 10 pounds heavier than I had ever been. I think if I didn't make a change, I would have just kept gaining 5-10 pounds a year.

Best of luck to everyone! A few motivational things from me:

It's so much harder when you are starting. After sticking with it a few weeks you stop missing the junk you are not eating. You have more energy for workouts and you feel so great you wonder why you dreaded getting starting in the first place.

Go BL5ers!!!!
I agree!!!! I know its really hard sometimes, but at the end its such an accomplishment when you look at a before and after pictures next to each other. It's amazing how much you can change. I think it also helps you look at your new self and realize you don't want to go back to the old self and it becomes a motivation!

DO IT GIRLS!!!!

Also i recommend taking measurements and writing them down. That will really put in to perspective at the end how far you've come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
i'm so glad i signed up and paid before xmas ... i would have totally forgotten about it! i gained a little back over the holidays, but not too much (at least i don't think so ... i've been afraid of the scale)!

this time my fiance says he's going to diet too, which should help a lot. it's a lot easier to eat a salad when you're not sitting next to a guy eating a cheesesteak, LOL!

we're going to have one last pizza tonight while watching the flyers game. then it's back on track, and back to the gym (i haven't been there since november)! after all, the wedding is sneaking up on us!
FI is doing it with me too!!! We've both gained weight we I was pregnant, he had the sympathy weight. Well since having her we haven't tried very hard to get rid of the weight, and the holidays were good to us! A little too good! Its so nice cause then we'll be eating the same foods and working out together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post

FI si dieting with me too - but it's more of a pain for me that a help because we are on different diets. He is big into body building and spends HOURS in the gym lifting so he does a super high protein diet.....I on the other hand do a low-fat diet with heavy cardio and moderate strength. He is just always trying to tell me to eat more of this or more of that and I keep saying do you know how much fat is in that? To each his own :)

We have a ritual of pizza form a local pizzeria every friday night...so last friday was our goodbye to Angelo's pizza frown.gif That is one habit I can not break - pizza!

My FI is also joining in the fun as well. I've been doing a bootcamp program in town for the last year.They are big on diet as well and I am pretty good at following it. Over the last year I am down 25 lbs. I took the summer off an am kicking myself now because I think I would be at my goal if I would have just stuck with it. Well the FI starts at the same place tonight. In order to go you have to complete a 10 week session called extreme bodyshaping. I am just excited that he will be on the same diet I am on, and we can get healthy together. For me there is no better motivation than a beach wedding you still have the dress plus the swimsuit!